With all the new people at blackberry do we know any new news surrounding the playbook?
    12-04-13 06:41 PM
    At this point, anything would be pure speculation.
    snarlybear likes this.
    12-04-13 06:56 PM
    I hope they are getting new management for playbook because if Blackberry can price right for playbook, people will buy it.
    12-04-13 07:19 PM
    The only thing that I don't get is why people saying playbook is dead when they are still in the blackberry site and even a 4g version is still alive.
    Last edited by John Hernandez4; 12-05-13 at 03:14 AM.
    12-05-13 02:08 AM
    Actually iam also looking for a cheap playbook deal in qatar.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:40 AM
    The only thing that I don't get is why people saying playbook is dead when they are still in the blackberry site and even a 4g version is still alive.
    Mostly because Blackberry has stopped all development on the OS and announced the line is discontinued with no new models or upgrades in the works. This being the case, app developers have been dropping it like a hot potatoe. No apps, no interested buyers. Its a lame duck.
    Carl Estes and Theiceman01 like this.
    12-05-13 05:31 AM
    Recently got my first Android smartphone. Just blown away by the functionality, using my Playbook less and less.
    I imagine that my next tablet will be Android.
    Without the apps, Playbook is dead!
    12-05-13 09:05 AM
    Recently got my first Android smartphone. Just blown away by the functionality, using my Playbook less and less.
    I imagine that my next tablet will be Android.
    Without the apps, Playbook is dead!
    Agreed with you, I bought the 64gb version of the playbook few weeks ago and I could easily get a Nexus 7 but I was thinking where in hell you are going to find a tablet with 64gb for $116 bucks? I will upgrade to a Nexus but when they expand the storage, maximum is 32GB.
    Craig Abernethy likes this.
    12-05-13 09:18 AM
    I will upgrade to a Nexus but when they expand the storage, maximum is 32GB.
    While I have plenty of uses for my PlayBook, I gotta say I'm extremely happy with the Nexus 7. It really is all about the apps. And N7 supports USB-OTG. That alone would give the PB new life and functionality.
    12-05-13 09:58 AM
    Johnhernandez4 do you mind sharing where u bought pb 64gb for $116?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:34 AM
    Johnhernandez4 do you mind sharing where u bought pb 64gb for $116?

Posted via CB10
    Amazon has NEW IN THE BOX units with MANUFACTURES WARRANTY for about 160, and used for about 116.

c
    12-05-13 11:04 AM
    I thank you sir for providing that information

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 11:24 AM
    And N7 supports USB-OTG. That alone would give the PB new life and functionality.
    We already know it exists in the OS build, just not activated...
    12-05-13 12:06 PM
    Amazon has NEW IN THE BOX units with MANUFACTURES WARRANTY for about 160, and used for about 116.

c
    Yeah I bought mine refurbished for $116 bucks. It came in the original box with all accessories and the playbook looks like never was used, in pretty outstanding condition.
    12-05-13 01:13 PM
    I just got a android playbook for 67 bucks or so at a door crasher, put a 64 gig card kn for 20 bucks and it blows away my pb in every regard including

apps.. tones available free and all work
    keybord.. no delay and common sense clicking layout and sounds
    browsing... neverseen a checkerboard yet
    video formats.. there hasn't been anytbing yet it can't play right oit of the box

I must say however screen res on pb is superior and with the hdmi out is still what I use to watch if the pb can actually decode it.

overall though I have to say pb just got seriously demoted to bench warmer...
    12-05-13 01:30 PM
    I just got a android playbook for 67 bucks or so at a door crasher, put a 64 gig card kn for 20 bucks and it blows away my pb in every regard including

apps.. tones available free and all work
    keybord.. no delay and common sense clicking layout and sounds
    browsing... neverseen a checkerboard yet
    video formats.. there hasn't been anytbing yet it can't play right oit of the box

I must say however screen res on pb is superior and with the hdmi out is still what I use to watch if the pb can actually decode it.

overall though I have to say pb just got seriously demoted to bench warmer...
    Android PlayBook?

Just curious, which Android tablet did you pick up?
    12-05-13 01:31 PM
    oh sorry what a brain freeze.

it was a rca android 7 inch tablet. I kind of bought it accidentally as I sas in the wong line st the checkout. thought id use it for 5 minutes but it is seriously cool . they threw in a case for 10 bucks.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-05-13 09:12 PM
    Update the PlayBook. Doesn't have to be BB10...Just give it a new, fresh look and layout to the OS.

GIVE IT BBM FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:14 PM
    If they come out with a BB10 tablet I'd get one. I still like my PlayBook despite the fact that it is essentially a dead platform. Now that I have my Z30 I'm using it less, but still enjoy it and find it useful for certain things.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    12-05-13 10:50 PM
    Now that I have a Z10, I'd love a PlayBook with a bigger screen and smaller bezels. Maybe 8.5~10 inches...

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 11:56 PM
    Hi guys, I know this isn't the right thread, but I have a question, my 3 years old daugther dropped the playbok, crack the digitizer screen. I been looking for one in ebay, but I'm confuse, since there's a ver 1 and 2 of the digitizer (at least is what they say), my question is, how can you tell which version of digitizer your PB has?
    12-06-13 12:29 AM
    It needs to come apart, then look at the ribbon cables. Some digitizers have them arranged differently. There could be other factors too. Research digitizers on Google. Watch YouTube videos of disassembly of a PlayBook.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 09:06 AM
    Hi guys, I know this isn't the right thread, but I have a question, my 3 years old daugther dropped the playbok, crack the digitizer screen. I been looking for one in ebay, but I'm confuse, since there's a ver 1 and 2 of the digitizer (at least is what they say), my question is, how can you tell which version of digitizer your PB has?
    Sell your three year old daughter on Kijji and buy a replacement digitizer screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:10 PM
    At this point, anything would be pure speculation.
    How about now?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:29 PM
    I still want a PlayBook. I've been thinking of getting one from Amazon. Yes, I know all about what it can and cannot do. I can't stand Android so that's not an option, and I left Apple because I was bored of their products. If BlackBerry comes out with a PlayBook 2 in 7", I'd love to get one.

I really like the UI of the PlayBook. I like BlackBerry 10, as well, but I think for a tablet that PlayBook OS is better UI-wise.

The Microsoft surface is nice, but too big. I want a 7" tablet, and the only tablet in which I've ever been interested is the PlayBook.

It'd be great if BlackBerry updated Flash, Air, Keyboard, USB-to-go, browser, added Cascades, and even the full Android runtime from 10.1 would be great. In my opinion, that's really all that it needs. Cascades and the improved Android runtime would give it a new lease on life. The Flash, Air, USB, and maybe even Cascades would be quite easy to implement. The browser, keyboard, and probably Android would be the most difficult.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and EchoesFX like this.
    12-10-13 09:59 PM
28 12