10-04-13 12:21 AM
245 ... 34567 ...
tools
    All these feedback sounds awesome, should get the convertible case, and it makes the playbook look like a bible!!
    I personally got the Otterbox. It's sturdy enough that if I get into a passionate piece of sermon, when I pound the lecturn/pulpit with my fist, nothing will happen to it.

Having said that, we had the Accreditation Agency in today. The phrase 'this device should be standard for all Aged Care Management' was certainly my favourite.
    01-02-12 10:32 PM
    A forum friend and I were able to sideload the Android version of Olive Tree's Bible Reader. It really works like intended.

The form factor is much better than iPad for this function.

bryan
    SILVERPAULIE and klc99 like this.
    01-02-12 10:40 PM
    im so happy.
    01-02-12 10:50 PM
    I just bought the e-Mmanual+ Bible App for $1.99, it's very good and easily customizable. It has highliters, various translations (I loaded 6), area for note taking, and much more. I've been using my Torch some in church, my wife uses her phone app almost exclusively. My pastor is very tech friendly and will probably think it's cool. I have been a minister for over 20 years and have been known to resist tech in church but as I have gotten older I have come to the realization that tech is a God given tool that if used PROPERLY can be a huge asset to the kingdom of God. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Bob314; 01-03-12 at 09:50 PM.
    01-02-12 11:08 PM
    It is my PrayBook.
    God Bless the PlayBook
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-03-12 03:22 PM
    It is my PrayBook.
    God Bless the PlayBook
    Yes and AMEN!
    01-03-12 04:17 PM
    I just bought the e-Mmanual+ Bible App for $1.99, it's very good and easily customizable. It has highliters, various translations (I loaded 6), area for note taking, and much more. I've been using my Torch some in church, my wife uses her phone app almost exclusively. My pastor is very tech friendly and will probably think it's cool. I have been a minister for over 20 years and have been known to resist tech in church but as I have gotten older I have come to the realization that tech is a God given tool that if used PROPERLY can be a hugh asset to the kingdom of God. Just my opinion.
    Love those points.

YouVersion was my favorite BB app (I did the original review here AGES ago). Putting the Word in the hand of people -- literally -- is fantastic.
    Bob31464 and Lyls like this.
    01-03-12 04:29 PM
    Love those points.

YouVersion was my favorite BB app (I did the original review here AGES ago). Putting the Word in the hand of people -- literally -- is fantastic.
    YouVersion is still my favorite (got it on my Torch 9800), unfortunately, it isn't available for the PlayBook. I hope it will become available sometime soon.
    01-03-12 04:37 PM
    YouVersion is still my favorite (got it on my Torch 9800), unfortunately, it isn't available for the PlayBook. I hope it will become available sometime soon.
    Should be available for the PB one way or another by February.
    Bob31464 likes this.
    01-03-12 06:02 PM
    ... And the pastor chose the humblest of them all, they one they lashed, spit, insulted and left underrated. Yet it was powerful, and had the support of thy Lord.

Oh heavenly Father, thy sons will welcome your favourite tablet's 2nd arrival in 2012!

=P
    herculesinwyoming and ninepbs like this.
    01-03-12 06:28 PM
    Great thread! I preached from my PB for the first time this am! I was surprised at how comfortable an experience it was. Scrolling will take getting used to and I need to adjust backlight settings.

Told my parish afterwards and they thought it was pretty cool! I'm an Anglican priest in Ontario, Canada.
    I'm an Anglican priest in western Manitoba. I'm a former IT guy, so I've used the PB for a while now too for various things. I'm evaluating it right now to see if I can use it to drive a large TV for hymns and the like. I've also got both the BCP and BAS on it. I'd like to use it more, but I'm still trying to figure out how I can use it and celebrate the Eucharist at the same time! fortunately, I'm blessed with a parish that puts up with me and my techie ways.
    northern_skypilot likes this.
    01-03-12 08:56 PM
    meeee toooo. i've used my pb at church. the camera is convenient to take a snapshot of anyone sleeping during sermon <---- that's me bragging
    01-03-12 08:59 PM
    My money is on Angry Birds
    :O I thought Angry Birds WAS the Bible..........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-12 09:00 PM
    I'm an Anglican priest in western Manitoba. I'm a former IT guy, so I've used the PB for a while now too for various things. I'm evaluating it right now to see if I can use it to drive a large TV for hymns and the like. I've also got both the BCP and BAS on it. I'd like to use it more, but I'm still trying to figure out how I can use it and celebrate the Eucharist at the same time! fortunately, I'm blessed with a parish that puts up with me and my techie ways.
    Sounds like it's time to create a new app. I'd go in on it especially if it was adaptable to the Australian Prayer Book
    01-03-12 09:03 PM
    Should be available for the PB one way or another by February.
    I hope you're right.
    01-03-12 09:12 PM
    Well now that I know which Bible app I really should have gotten onto my playbook from day one...

Honestly I've always been a major tech guy, and while the youth group at the church I work with tells us youth leaders to encourage students to bring their Bibles with them to youth group (and small groups by extension), I have always told my small group guys that I'm more than ok with them using their devices as a Bible, so long as it's all they're doing. It's been pretty funny to see the number of iPod Touches, iPhones, Blackberry phones, and Android devices that pop out the moment I say that. I even give extra encouragement by sharing my wifi from my other phone (an Android) while I use my Blackberry for actual use :P.

You know, with OS 7.1 coming out, we may be able to get a faster browsing experience on the Playbook. Especially when we're loading up pages like biblegateway.com.

Really glad to see though that this seems to be an area that the iPhone and iPad (not to mention the Android devices) can't quite seem to compete in. The Playbook and Blackberry Phone combo solution really does seem to often be an incredible companion to anyone in the ministry.
    john_v and Delirious D like this.
    01-03-12 09:47 PM
    I wouldn't use it.paperless bible?that it too one world governish for me.
    01-03-12 10:11 PM
    Emanuel is awesome at chuch..best bible for PB yet!!!

Shalom, blessings and Happy New Year to all the fellow Crackberry folk!!
    I just downloaded this one. It looks awesome, so far. I really like the parallel view...
    01-03-12 10:12 PM
    As one of the musicians at my church, I will be using PB on stage for song charts. It is much easier to call them up than to dig thru file cabinets

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-12 10:36 PM
    I just downloaded this one. It looks awesome, so far. I really like the parallel view...
    It has a parallel view??? That is cool! My Playbook should be arriving by the end of the week, so I'll definitely purchase this app.

I'm really enjoying this thread. I see nothing wrong with using our tech devices in church. In fact, so many now use video projectors for their sermons. By them having the actual verse up on the screen, they are eliminating the need for the physical bible. I see no difference in using a phone or PB bible app during church, just as long, as many have stated, that you keep it on the app only.
    Northernlady and Delirious D like this.
    01-03-12 10:46 PM
    I think it would be best to let the Lod speak for himself and not try to put words in his mouth as it could give some on here the wrong idea. I think he is all for any way to read his word.

I sure wish they would put a you version app on the playbook though. That has become my bible. It would be nice not to have to use the mobile you version website on my playbook. Looks really weak when sitting next to someone with an ipad... Not that we should be concerned of such things in church!!! Hahaha!
    01-03-12 10:56 PM
    Our church uses ipads for the worship team as music stands. Me being a sound guy, I use my PB to input to the sound board for music and sound clips. There are some good apps that are beneficial to the church crowd. Plus, with multi-tasking, I can still play or stream music in the background as I play angry birds. Seeing as our sound board is set up behind and above everyone, it is interesting to see how many electronic bible are being used. Unfortunately, I have to say it seems that the ipad is most popular.
    01-03-12 11:08 PM
    My pastor (father-in-law) is still uneasy when I use the bible app on my Torch ll. So, I'll use my Playbook Sunday.
    01-03-12 11:28 PM
    The BlackBerry Playbook being used to reach out....priceless.

Sure you don't mean "preach" out??
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-03-12 11:34 PM
    Thanks for the tip guys I just downloaded emmanuel or whatever that is and it kicks , best bible app ever. I love how you can tab browse the bible, perfect for keeping up with the preecher. Thanks, even lets you keep notes, Im sold!
    01-03-12 11:42 PM
245 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD