I must have missed that; why was You Version pulled from App World?
    The rumor was that it was extremely buggy and had to be yanked. I'm sure an email to the author would confirm it. Many got it dnloaded before it got pulled.

Forum discussion here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...le-app-703675/
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 03-04-12 at 09:19 PM.
    03-04-12 09:17 PM
    I'll probably catch heat for resurrecting this thread, but it's better than starting a new one. Just wanted to update, as I had posted in here earlier about wanting to use the PB for my teaching ministry.

Over the last 2 weeks I preached 8 times for a friend of mine who was on vacation. I brought my laptop on the trip, of course, to be able to keep working during the two weeks I was out there, but took only my PlayBook to church (except when I needed the laptop for Powerpoint.)

I used Presenters Edge (which is awesome, totally worth the money) to run my PowerPoint for the Sunday School classes. The multitasking was sweet, being able to swipe between my notes, song lists (small Baptist church, I was the whole show - preaching, song leading, announcements ), prayer request lists, etc.

The PlayBook ran really well; I was very comfortable with the Word documents - I like to put all my notes and references into one document rather than switching to a Bible app...just makes it a little more streamlined. I also color-code everything - red font for Scripture, blue for illustrations, green for points of major emphasis, and black for normal. All the colors were easily seen, no squinting needed !

Folded closed in the BlackBerry case, it looked like I had a thin Bible. Of course my son liked it that he could come grab it as soon as the service was over, and show off his Angry Birds scores to the kids in the church...he became very popular very quickly!

Thanks RIM...the PlayBook came through for me!!!

Edit: I should also add that I've been using it when I'm in the congregation as well. It is fabulous for taking notes...the 7in size makes it perfect for tapping out notes quickly. Synced to Evernote and I'm good to go!!
    Last edited by john_v; 05-11-12 at 09:30 PM.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-11-12 09:27 PM
    I'm working on another tool you might be interested in...
    I'm working on a Lyric presenter like Lyricue, MediaShout, or EasyWorship. Plug your playbook into a projector or TV for the congregation and display any verse of any song in your library with a few clicks. Edit your worship lineup on the fly, etc.
    Interested?
    05-11-12 09:39 PM
    I'm working on a Lyric presenter like Lyricue, MediaShout, or EasyWorship. Plug your playbook into a projector or TV for the congregation and display any verse of any song in your library with a few clicks. Edit your worship lineup on the fly, etc.
    Interested?
    Definitely sounds cool...I lead worship for our jr high youth group (but we just let out for the summer ) but I'll definitely help you test if needed
    05-11-12 09:42 PM
    I'll probably catch heat for resurrecting this thread, but it's better than starting a new one. Just wanted to update, as I had posted in here earlier about wanting to use the PB for my teaching ministry.

Over the last 2 weeks I preached 8 times for a friend of mine who was on vacation. I brought my laptop on the trip, of course, to be able to keep working during the two weeks I was out there, but took only my PlayBook to church (except when I needed the laptop for Powerpoint.)

I used Presenters Edge (which is awesome, totally worth the money) to run my PowerPoint for the Sunday School classes. The multitasking was sweet, being able to swipe between my notes, song lists (small Baptist church, I was the whole show - preaching, song leading, announcements ), prayer request lists, etc.

The PlayBook ran really well; I was very comfortable with the Word documents - I like to put all my notes and references into one document rather than switching to a Bible app...just makes it a little more streamlined. I also color-code everything - red font for Scripture, blue for illustrations, green for points of major emphasis, and black for normal. All the colors were easily seen, no squinting needed !

Folded closed in the BlackBerry case, it looked like I had a thin Bible. Of course my son liked it that he could come grab it as soon as the service was over, and show off his Angry Birds scores to the kids in the church...he became very popular very quickly!

Edit: I should also add that I've been using it when I'm in the congregation as well. It is fabulous for taking notes...the 7in size makes it perfect for tapping out notes quickly. Synced to Evernote and I'm good to go!!
    Using your BB as remote works well in some presentation situations also.
    05-12-12 12:34 AM
    Using your BB as remote works well in some presentation situations also.

Yes I have messed around with that as well. What I really like about presenters edge is that I can hold the PlayBook and have my "cheat notes" for each slide, and not be tied down to the lectern.

The Remote Control function is pretty cool though.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850/PlayBook combo
    05-12-12 07:44 AM

Well, if you can't resurrect a thread in the "playbook in church" thread where can you do it?
    05-12-12 09:47 AM
    Just switched to PlayBook from iPad. I used the iOS iBooks app and the iOS Kindle app for sermon notes. I'm using Book Reader, now. Still holding out hope for Amazon to give the PlayBook user a native Kindle app, which supports personal documents. Anyway, this PlayBook device rocks.
    06-22-12 07:22 AM
    I actually preached a few weeks ago (College Pastor typically), but with our Pastor out on vacation I took the opportunity to use my Playbook instead of paper notes. It was a breeze. Stayed on topic, presented the Gospel and was (Hopefully) used by the Holy Spirit for lives to be changed for Jesus!

I second the above post about not using a Bible App. It's much better to have your references typed out in Docs to GO or other applications as to avoid internet connectivity issues (if you didn't download a version to your playbook).
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-11-12 12:58 PM
    I actually preached a few weeks ago (College Pastor typically), but with our Pastor out on vacation I took the opportunity to use my Playbook instead of paper notes. It was a breeze. Stayed on topic, presented the Gospel and was (Hopefully) used by the Holy Spirit for lives to be changed for Jesus!

I second the above post about not using a Bible App. It's much better to have your references typed out in Docs to GO or other applications as to avoid internet connectivity issues (if you didn't download a version to your playbook).
    Always great to see fellow c-workers...

I learned that it is so much better to have backups to your backups when you're in front of many people. I typically use electronic devices, but always have notes and pre-marked physical Bible present.
    07-11-12 01:31 PM

I learned that it is so much better to have backups to your backups when you're in front of many people. I typically use electronic devices, but always have notes and pre-marked physical Bible present.
    Amen to that brother!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-11-12 02:12 PM
    Interested?
    We need it NOW, so get on it!
    07-11-12 06:42 PM

Thats why I use e-mManual+, I'm not dependent on wifi or cell signals. Plus the UI and features are excellent.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    07-11-12 07:03 PM
    Our retired pastor turned 100 years old this month and he uses his PlayBook. So cool!
    07-11-12 07:44 PM
    I use my Playbook in our Bible studies. I can find verses faster, do searches and jump back and forth using e-manual+. I also have it bookmarked with colors to find verses I often use. It is even smaller and lighter than my printed Bible.

I highly recommend e-manual+ if you do not already have it. The programmer is constantly updating and making it better. It now even has Mathew Henry's commentary in it from the last update.

I trust that the Lord will bless anyone using either Bible whether printed or in an e format.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    07-12-12 07:44 PM
    The BlackBerry Playbook being used to reach out....priceless.
    You remember those old adds for telephone service? "Reach out and touch someone "

Now we have: "The BlackBerry PlayBook; reach out and bless someone"

07-12-12 11:30 PM
    Holy zombie thread!
    07-13-12 12:27 AM
    I am currently an IPad 2 user. I pastor a growing church in Tennesee, which is very contemporary and my wife and I lead Worship, both singing and playing instruments. All that to say: WE LOVE RIM!!!! We both have blackberry smartphones and will never stray from the Rim Faith, but for worship, the only app we found that could keep our song catalogue, with chord charts, highlighting and sharing properly is OnSong App for IPad. It's an absolutely awesome app. My problem is I like the speed and size of the Playbook. I have yet to purchase a playbook, but if someone can give me a good app for worship leaders that work with the playbook, I am IN!!! Also, what the best app for sermon prep and bible study on playbook? Thanks for the help.

www.globalforcechurch.com
    09-08-12 02:07 PM
    I think the best bible study app is e-Mmanuel+

This app has a great set of features.
    bbaleno likes this.
    09-09-12 07:45 PM
    So I have a new question for this thread. One of my favorite bible teachers in J. Vernon McGee and the Through the Bible radio broadcast. They have a nice mobile app for Android and iOS, but no BB. Has anyone ever tried to sideload mobile from teachers like Dr. McGee, Charles Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, etc. on a Playbook? Just wondered if I would be the first person to try that. Thanks for the thread. Seems like a good time for a new revival of it!
    10-04-13 12:21 AM
245 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD