What bible app do you use? I've been using an html version I packaged into an app, it works ok but isn't fantastic.
    KJV FTW IMO if I had time I'd learn hebrew and greek so I could read the originals, closer you can get to the original translation the better.
    Yea, in university we studied even more 'archaic' but i guess he was saying for the sake of 'this study' for the 'average' reader.

I use an app called Bible Reader which is an android app that I sideloaded, because all the app store ones seem to cost money.

I was actually thinking of developing an app that would link words to a dictionary and connect similar passages, almost like a 'study bible' to use in my religion classes (whenever I get a teaching job) but i have no idea how to do the coding and what not. I may look into it over the summer if I dont have a job yet and have some free time.
    02-27-12 12:08 AM
    That'd probably be pretty simple in html (and html is really easy to learn, at least the basics)
    02-27-12 12:18 AM
    There's no way I could give up my PB for Lent, so I'm using the e-manual app for some daily Scripture reading and prayer log...waiting for the day when a Catholic version will be added.
    02-27-12 07:48 AM
    What are you guys using for sermon notes?

(I'm a her by the way )
    02-27-12 08:04 AM
    I use an app called Bible Reader which is an android app that I sideloaded, because all the app store ones seem to cost money.
    There is a free version of my e-Mmanuel Bible Reader app (e-Mmanuel Bible Reader Lite)available, if you want to give it a try. And since I'm now self promoting, I also have a free KJV Audio Bible app available too.
    02-27-12 08:14 AM
    I was mad at first at the E-Mmanueal programer because he was charging too little for the app. I thought it was part of the crappie!! I am glad the price went up a bit so people know that it is worth it.
    02-27-12 08:17 AM
    Using a tablet in church seems a little over the top, even for pastors. Seriously, I doubt that God is amused...
    Where do you think this technology came from....hmmm
    02-27-12 08:25 AM
    I have been thinking about taking mine to church, but I wish we had the YouVersion app already!
    AMEN to that!!!!!
    02-27-12 08:28 AM
    I don't want to give jetstream any ideas, but if the app was $9.99, I would buy it...I may not like it, but it's worth every penny from this developer.
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    02-27-12 08:28 AM
    Is it possible to get my Logos library onto my Playbook via the Logos Android App?
    02-27-12 08:34 AM
    Another testament to the Bridge function, (not specifically in church, but related...)

Last week I had my Pb plugged into the Aux jack in my vehicle, and my 9930 was bridged, after listening to a talk I had on the pb, I fired up Divine Office - Liturgy of the Hours - Breviary - Free Audio - Bible - Prayer and listened to the audio feed for the Liturgy of the Hours...I was able to "pray and drive"

btw, the audio wouldn't work on the 9930, but worked on Bridge! also, no bluetooth in the '08 'Runner
    02-27-12 09:25 AM
    I've had YouVersion Bible program loaded on my BlackBerry Torch for quite a while. I had downloaded 3 translations for offline reading, including the NIV which they had as a promo download a few months ago.

First, start YouVersion on your PB. Then download the KJV for offline reading.

Then, set your PB up on a network share, selected "show hidden files & folders" and then copy the translations from your BlackBerry SD card to your desktop, then from desktop over to the ".youversion" folder on your PB. Then rename the extensions from the .db extension on your BlackBerry Hanset to match those on your PlayBook - for example, the KJV you downloaded should read, "KJV.3.sqlite3".

The offline version(s) on your PlayBook (after showing hidden folders) is under media\misc\android\.youversion

Simply change the file extensions (after you copy the versions over) to a 3.sqlite3 extension. For example, I copied my niv.db from my hanset over to my PlayBook and renamed it niv.3.sqlite3. Now I can read NIV offline along with KJV and NLT. Very handy.
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 02-29-12 at 05:25 PM.
    02-29-12 05:22 PM
    I've had YouVersion Bible program loaded on my BlackBerry Torch for quite a while. I had downloaded 3 translations for offline reading, including the NIV which they had as a promo download a few months ago.

First, start YouVersion on your PB. Then download the KJV for offline reading.

Then, set your PB up on a network share, selected "show hidden files & folders" and then copy the translations from your BlackBerry SD card to your desktop, then from desktop over to the ".youversion" folder on your PB. Then rename the extensions from the .db extension on your BlackBerry Hanset to match those on your PlayBook - for example, the KJV you downloaded should read, "KJV.3.sqlite3".

The offline version(s) on your PlayBook (after showing hidden folders) is under media\misc\android\.youversion

Simply change the file extensions (after you copy the versions over) to a 3.sqlite3 extension. For example, I copied my niv.db from my hanset over to my PlayBook and renamed it niv.3.sqlite3. Now I can read NIV offline along with KJV and NLT. Very handy.
    I have YouVersion on my 9800 as well, but I really like e-Mmanuel+ over YouVersion. I have 6 Bible versions downloaded to my PB and there are many great features in the app. There is a free version if you want to try it, you won't be disappointed.
    artie and ninepbs like this.
    02-29-12 06:39 PM
    I too started bringing my playbook to church after the pastor started using his kindle during the sermon. I've got it otterboxed so it's bulkier, and I too use emannual bible reader. Sometimes if we sit in the balcony, I sneak and fire up samurai 2, until mom gives me the elbow.
    02-29-12 07:02 PM
    Wow, I had forgotten about making this thread, awesome to see it still active.
    Bob31464 likes this.
    02-29-12 07:17 PM
    I usually have emmanuel+, Word to go, and a browser window open at church. The browser is for TweetChat... A bunch of us tweet sermon notes and comments, which is cool.
    I have a case with keyboard for faster note-taking. At prayer meetings, though, I don't bother with the keyboard since I'm mainly in the Bible only for that. There are at least 5 or 6 PBs in use on Sundays at our church, and lots of BBs.
    03-01-12 12:04 AM
    I usually have emmanuel+, Word to go, and a browser window open at church. The browser is for TweetChat... A bunch of us tweet sermon notes and comments, which is cool.
    I have a case with keyboard for faster note-taking. At prayer meetings, though, I don't bother with the keyboard since I'm mainly in the Bible only for that. There are at least 5 or 6 PBs in use on Sundays at our church, and lots of BBs.
    how many iPads?

at our bible study we are split 2/2, although my uncle brings his ipad and PB so really it is just 1/1...
    03-01-12 02:08 AM
    Bumping this thread up.

Been using my PB32 in church since black Fri. But I bumped the thread to say the OS2 upgrade has been fantastic. The new swiftkey keyboard has been incredible, and has greatly increased my ability to take notes during the fast paced sermons. I got very irritated about Kindle Cloud Reader being cut off for the PB, but got it back by sideloading the Android Reader shortly afterward. The highlighting feature in the Reader is sweeeet, and truly makes studying ebooks fun. Throw the bridge into the mix (it has been faster response than the church wifi), and you have yourself an invaluable tool at church. I haven't used the 9810 remote yet for presentations, but it won't be long...

Gripes? YouVersion went MIA after a brief stay in AppWorld. Bring it back, please!
    03-04-12 02:45 PM
    I must have missed that; why was You Version pulled from App World?
    03-04-12 02:56 PM
    I noticed this thread was bumped on a Sunday. I think this will be the future of this thread.
    03-04-12 03:03 PM
    LDS (Mormon) apps to sideload until they are officially available:
    https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post79311
    03-04-12 04:53 PM
    I brought my kindle keyboard to church a few times, today I took my playbook. It's easier to navigate with e-Manuel than kindle, and there is parallel versions. It is also handy to take some pictures if needed. I think I am the only one using a paperless Bible in the service.
    03-04-12 08:01 PM
    What does "bumped" mean?
    03-04-12 08:28 PM
    What does "bumped" mean?
    It's when someone posts to the thread to move it back to the top of the list. Usually happens to some interesting threads which are left alone for a few days and go back a few pages.
    Bob31464 likes this.
    03-04-12 08:53 PM
    It's when someone posts to the thread to move it back to the top of the list. Usually happens to some interesting threads which are left alone for a few days and go back a few pages.
    Thanks for responding to me.
    03-04-12 08:58 PM
245 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD