Whereas I've been using YouVersion for years, I find e-mmanuel much more versatile, especially when it's inconvenient or impossible to be online. I prefer to have my Bible and notes on the PB, not the cloud. And I'm thankful to the developer for continuously updating and improving the app. Great job!!
    No slight to E-Mannuel... I love the developer, and actually have encouraged him to develop for other platforms, but YouVersion does have offline functionality. Of course, not yet available for PB yet...
    01-28-12 05:39 PM
    I need to holler at you about your set-up. Impressive.
    I second that. Brands and models good sir, brands and model numbers. This could be huge.
    01-28-12 06:23 PM
    E-Mmanuel is the best for the BlackBerry Playbook. On my device I had Olive Tree for a long time and bought a lot of books thru their site and had high hopes but they stopped working on the BlackBerry and started producing for the Iphone and later Android.
    I am so happy that E-Mmanuel made this great app for us.
    Bob31464 and rotorwrench like this.
    01-28-12 09:10 PM
    I also use mine. I have also started using it for a bible study course bc i think it is a lot easier to 'flip' through. If the priest/lecture says book x x:xx you can get there is a couple taps of the screen. Also, if your church has bad lighting this will solve that problem.
    There are all kinds of apps to help with bible study, liturgy, prayer and more.

I will be honest though, this is not ONLY available on PB and i did have a bible app on my iphone before i even bought my PB.

But the increased size of the PB makes reading perfect and my unlce has now switched from using his iPad as a bible reader and is using the PB just as i am bc of its compact size.
    ninepbs likes this.
    01-28-12 10:10 PM
    cant find a bible app on the pb.. just a few "verse" apps... ":/
    01-29-12 12:02 AM
    cant find a bible app on the pb.. just a few "verse" apps... ":/
    Try e-Mmanuel. I highly recommend it. I have YouVersion on my Torch and I prefer this one. It's $1.99 (I think) and worth every penny. It's in App World for the PB.
    jonno_atamaniuk likes this.
    01-29-12 12:08 AM
    if your church has wifi you can use various online ones... check it out.
    01-29-12 12:15 AM
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5, you said you can't find the app?

Go into App world, Apps, reference/ebooks, religion, look for e-Mmanuel Bible reader.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-29-12 at 12:53 AM.
    01-29-12 12:49 AM
    No slight to E-Mannuel... I love the developer, and actually have encouraged him to develop for other platforms, but YouVersion does have offline functionality. Of course, not yet available for PB yet...
    No slight taken I have been using YouVersion on my phones since it became available for BB phones and used the offline functions of the app and it is excellent. When it becomes available for the PB I'll definitely get it. But I've become so used to emmanual now, and I have so many notes and bookmarks on it, it will probably remain my primary.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-29-12 01:08 AM
    Any updates as to when or if YouVersion will be made available for the PlayBook?
    PG923 likes this.
    01-29-12 02:29 AM
    For those who are interested and didn't know yet, I just saw tonight that there is a new
    e-Mmanuel Audio Bible app. Pretty cool. Text with the audio, auto text scrolling in sync with the audio, auto chapter scrolling,....etc.. One Bible translation right now. Also, can be completely downloaded to the PB so no wifi or bridge needed. I'll try it tomorrow. Looks good
    01-29-12 02:31 AM
    hehe so emanuel is still the only decent one? Only if the journal case hax a cross instead of the blackberry logo. I limed logos bible app for my ipod, it was faster then youversions so hopefully it comes out for pb or compatible with 2.0
    01-29-12 02:40 AM
    For those who are interested and didn't know yet, I just saw tonight that there is a new
    e-Mmanuel Audio Bible app. Pretty cool. Text with the audio, auto text scrolling in sync with the audio, auto chapter scrolling,....etc.. One Bible translation right now. Also, can be completely downloaded to the PB so no wifi or bridge needed. I'll try it tomorrow. Looks good
    Just downloaded this app...very, very nice. I would have paid for this app, but it is free.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-29-12 02:46 AM
    re kids in Israel - i brought my whole family when my daughter was 16 and my son 13, and am bringing my son again now that he is 16. First time, I bought him a little kodak flash video camera to keep him busy. This time, he is worried about roaming charges on his Blackberry for texting his friends! Times change.
    john_v likes this.
    01-29-12 06:36 AM
    Judging from the popularity of this thread. Maybe RIM should consider bundling eMmanuel app with the tablet and promote it as Praybook to the Christian community.

I personally had purchased Playbooks for family as Christmas gifts largely because of the excellent eMannuel app.
    01-29-12 09:56 AM
    I wish E-mmanual would add the rsv version like the Ignatius Press edition (Catholic version).

edit: I purchased the app any way, maybe an update to the versions list will come...
    Last edited by farskija; 01-29-12 at 07:27 PM. Reason: purchased the app
    djrakowski likes this.
    01-29-12 10:56 AM
    Any updates as to when or if YouVersion will be made available for the PlayBook?
    Waiting for OS2 and the potential supplied therein.
    01-29-12 01:38 PM
    are you sure he's not playing angry birds?
    LOLL thats funny
    01-29-12 05:06 PM
    I like the parallel reading function in e-mannuel for reading two translations side-by-side.
    01-30-12 10:19 PM
    Ok so... What new things are you all doing since the update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 11:47 PM
    wow... this thread rose from the dead...

lol.
    02-26-12 11:53 PM
    Dingster laid his pointer on the submit post button and, by the power of Crackberry, commanded it to rise and be whole.
    02-26-12 11:56 PM
    Dingster laid his pointer on the submit post button and, by the power of Crackberry, commanded it to rise and be whole.
    it would have been so much better if he did it after 3 days of no posts instead of a month. or on easter... lol

actually, something productive to add. In bible study my priest keeps sitting next to me and using my PB to read... although he did say i need to find an app that is not KJV bc it is 'archaic' language
    farskija likes this.
    02-26-12 11:59 PM
    What bible app do you use? I've been using an html version I packaged into an app, it works ok but isn't fantastic.
    KJV FTW IMO if I had time I'd learn hebrew and greek so I could read the originals, closer you can get to the original translation the better.
    02-27-12 12:03 AM
    Haha, I was going to take mine to church, but snow started falling, and I was going to take the bus, so I decided against it. I have recorded many a sermon on it though.
    02-27-12 12:05 AM
245 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD