I am hoping to figure out what to do with my Playbook. Bought it just over a year ago so it's not under warranty sadly. I left it alone without charging for a few weeks, and it won't turn on, and here is what happens when I try to charge it (I have a rapid charger and regular wall charger (Blackberry brand) with mini usb):

1. Red LED light for about 3-4 seconds then stops
    2. Nothing for 5 seconds
    3. Red battery with lightning bolt through it appears on screen for 25 seconds then fades out
    4. Right after that, a greenish LED light comes on for about a minute or so then disappears
    5. On the screen a black background with "Blackberry Playbook" in white appears and stays there until I unplug it (I've left it there for over a day and the screen doesn't change) and when I unplug it, instantly disappears as if there is no power at all

I've tried stack charging with both chargers and it does nothing. I just hope that my Playbook isn't just a piece of garbage now.

Any ideas?
    11-24-13 11:52 PM
    How patient were you with stack charging? Sometimes it can take like 100 times plugging and unplugging to get it to start taking a charge. Also it possible you have bricked it and a debricking with a computer MIGHT be able to restore the OS.....

Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook also fixes bricked devices | CrackBerry.com
    11-25-13 10:02 AM
    I am hoping to figure out what to do with my Playbook. Bought it just over a year ago so it's not under warranty sadly. I left it alone without charging for a few weeks, and it won't turn on, and here is what happens when I try to charge it (I have a rapid charger and regular wall charger (Blackberry brand) with mini usb):

1. Red LED light for about 3-4 seconds then stops
    2. Nothing for 5 seconds
    3. Red battery with lightning bolt through it appears on screen for 25 seconds then fades out
    4. Right after that, a greenish LED light comes on for about a minute or so then disappears
    5. On the screen a black background with "Blackberry Playbook" in white appears and stays there until I unplug it (I've left it there for over a day and the screen doesn't change) and when I unplug it, instantly disappears as if there is no power at all

I've tried stack charging with both chargers and it does nothing. I just hope that my Playbook isn't just a piece of garbage now.

Any ideas?
    Looks like it is trying to boot but doesn't have enough charge. It is likely that the stack charging is going for naught in this situation, e.g. any charge you are accumulating is dissipated with the OS trying to boot. Can you turn it off with the power button and then try the stack charging? Try to get the pulsating greenish light that indicates it is charging when off.
    11-25-13 10:10 AM
    I agree - one I bought did that and took all afternoon to get going again - patience is a virtue.

worse case buy a spudger, crack the case and charge the batteries directly using an old phone charger and a clipped lead.
    11-26-13 04:56 PM