Need some help...I purchased a Playbook in late December. The home wall charger never really fit that great ever and (yes I know how to plug it in correctly). Now it will not go into Playbook port at all. Nothing looks bent or broken though. I called C.S. @ RIM (apparently in central america mind you)
    They were not helpful and were reading from a script, literally a 100 minutes later they told me to let it charge for 6 hours...REALLY!!!??? I purchased it @ Best Buy. Have not taken it in there yet so I'm looking for insight if anyone else has experienced this charging or "not" charging problem? Was it handled and what kind of turnaround did you have? Was it a positive or negative experience?
    03-09-12 05:20 PM
    If you plug the PB into a usb on your computer does it show that it is charging?
    03-09-12 06:33 PM
    OP, have you tried a different micro-usb charger to rule out if the charger plug is defective or if the plug in the playbook is defective?
    03-09-12 06:47 PM
    If your PB is in a case, remove it and try the charger. Some cases are interfering with the full insertion of the plug.
    03-09-12 06:58 PM
    My PB won't charge unless I nudge the cable to the left, then the charge icon lights up.
    03-09-12 08:17 PM
    Thanks All,

I have tried everything you all suggested prior to post and ...nada.
    03-09-12 11:33 PM
    The two micro ports on the PB (USB and HDMI) are so delicate that they'll break if you even look at them wrong.

In my view it's critical to purchase the rapid charger just to stay away from the micro-USB re-charging connector as much as possible. And this is from someone that accepts that it'll be effectively obsolete in three years.

Below will follow all the inevitable "I never had a problem / you're doing it wrong" posts...
    03-10-12 09:19 AM
    I had the same problem. If you look at the female micro-usb port (the one on the PB), you'll notice the pins inside. Those pins should be closer to the back of the PB and on mine they were closer to the front. However, those pins can be moved by carefully using a thin tool and gently moving them where they should be. In my case, I used an Exacto blade that I wrapped in Scotch tape to protect the pins from the metal, and I was able to relocate the pins where they should have been. After I did this I was able to use any of my chargers without any problems. I hope my explanations were clear enough.
    01-29-13 10:27 PM
    A alternate way to charge it would also be get the magnetic rapid charger. That's all I use to charge it.

Sent from my game boy color
    01-29-13 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD