I have a problem with my playbook as it will not charge when I plugged it in with the included 3 pin UK micro USB charger I had no lights and no battery icon appear on the screen I tried "Stack charging" unfortunately that did not work so I purchased a rapid charger in hope of that working but still no charge does any one no what I can do?
    04-16-14 07:41 AM
    Hey, welcome to CrackBerry :-)

Before this happed, I assume it was working ok software side and holding a charge? If it's a case of the battery completely running flat, try holding the power and vol + and vol - keys with the power connector inserted. Release after 30 seconds and a red light should flash on momentarily?

If it's healthy, it should then continually flash green and will eventually start charging - very slowly. It wont even attempt a boot until it's detected 20% charge in the battery. If you get no lights whatsoever, then pop the back cover off your PlayBook and remove the 2 screws on the battery connector (in red rectangle) and detach it from the circuit board.

PlayBook charging help-9nwk6-e.jpg

Leave it for about 5 minutes then re-attach it. Try charging again once you've put the cover back on and see if the red LED flashes for a second then starts charging.
    Yousuf Farooq likes this.
    04-16-14 08:13 AM
    Yes it was working fine I had tried pressing the volume - + and power button but no luck I have left it on charge and it feels warm so i tried to boot
    04-16-14 01:45 PM
    Yes it was working fine I had tried pressing the volume - + and power button but no luck I have left it on charge and it feels warm so i tried to boot
    Need to push vol+ and vol- and the power button all at the same time. If you hear a click you have taken a picture instead of doing the desired hard reset and you will have to try again.
    04-16-14 02:59 PM
    The PB charges slowly when the battery is low so maybe you should have given it a couple of more hours charging time.
    04-16-14 03:04 PM