There have been several threads about charging docks discounted to $20 at Staples. Can anyone tell me if they are still available anywhere in the Orlando or Tampa area? I will be in Florida on holidays next week.

Any other possibilities to get one in the $20 price range?
    01-30-12 09:03 AM
    Print this out from the RadioShack website (see URL below), take it to any Office Depot and they will price match it....

BlackBerry Rapid Charging Pod for Playbook Tablet : Tablet accessories | RadioShack.com
    01-30-12 09:05 AM
    fj

Will the price matching at Office Depot work even when Radio Shack shows the product out of stock?
    01-30-12 09:39 AM
    The charging dock, stock folding blade usb charger and rapid chargers were all $13.50 each last time I was at Staples in December, but the trick is to find one in stock at a local store because they are clearance priced in the stores and will not be restocked. Call around before you drive to the store maybe and ask them to scan it for you while you are on the phone because they are marked one price but scan lower at checkout.
    01-30-12 09:44 AM
    I really want a charging pod but I use Incipio's feather case on my PB and someone here confirmed that the pod will only charge a "naked" PB. Sucks...

Great price tho!
    01-30-12 09:50 AM
    I really want a charging pod but I use Incipio's feather case on my PB and someone here confirmed that the pod will only charge a "naked" PB. Sucks...

Great price tho!
    The charging pod is a very tight fit even on the "naked" PB and this helps hold it firmly in place while charging and I think that is a good thing. Most PBs with convertible cases can be charged on the pod charger with the case opened, but the rapid chargers with the magnetic connectors is the best way to go for charging with almost any PB case, but there are some cases that the PB must be removed or reversed in the case to charge without removing it.
    01-30-12 09:58 AM
    The charging pod is a very tight fit even on the "naked" PB and this helps hold it firmly in place while charging and I think that is a good thing. Most PBs with convertible cases can be charged on the pod charger with the case opened, but the rapid chargers with the magnetic connectors is the best way to go for charging with almost any PB case, but there are some cases that the PB must be removed or reversed in the case to charge without removing it.
    Which cases will it work with?
    I've tried about 7 so far, and none of them would work with the rapid charger.
    Thanks
    01-30-12 10:01 AM
    All of the convertible cases I have seen work in the charging pod (or any other charger) with the case OPEN. The magnetic rapid charger works with my Blurex case opened or closed and others have used it with cases that do not have the ports exposed when closed like the Blurex and said that it works, maybe the OEM convertible or OEM journal case, but I no longer own one to try it, so not sure.
    01-30-12 10:20 AM
    fj

Will the price matching at Office Depot work even when Radio Shack shows the product out of stock?
    RS shows it out of stock online but not in-store; thats what i pointed out and they matched.
    01-30-12 10:20 AM
    All of the convertible cases I have seen work in the charging pod (or any other charger) with the case OPEN. The magnetic rapid charger works with my Blurex case opened or closed and others have used it with cases that do not have the ports exposed when closed like the Blurex and said that it works, maybe the OEM convertible or OEM journal case, but I no longer own one to try it, so not sure.
    I get my OEM convertible case tomorrow, so will try and confirm for you
    01-30-12 10:32 AM
    Thanks fj

I will give it a try this weekend.
    01-30-12 11:46 AM
    will this work in Canada?

The Source said NO
    Wal-Mart said they will match it if i can prove the date... lets hope it works!
    Last edited by FSeverino; 01-30-12 at 01:27 PM.
    willtothewong likes this.
    01-30-12 12:56 PM
    IT ALMOST WORKED!!!

The clerk called the manager and got the go ahead then went to the shelf to take it down (there were 5 and i was gonna get all of them) then he said 'can i see the add' when he saw it was $20 he was like 'uhhhhh' and he called the manager again and said that the price was $20 and the manager said they cant do US price matches... I asked why it was ok before he found out the price was $20 and the manager said it was because the clerk never told him it was from radioshack.COM ...
    01-30-12 07:17 PM
    There is no such thing as radioshack.CA so where did he think it was?
    You may have gotten away with it if you had taken 1 or 2 instead of trying to get all 5.
    01-30-12 09:29 PM
    Maybe due to all of us still calling it Radio Shack. At least if you're 30+ . Why they decided to rename them all 'The Source' (in Canada) is beyond me.
    01-30-12 09:38 PM
    I don't live in central Florida but all the Staples stores in the Ft. Lauderdale area have ZERO in stock. You should do a search for all the stores in the area and call them up. They can only hold a product for you the same day so be available to pick it up.
    01-30-12 10:15 PM
    fj, I printed out the Radio Shack listing and tried to get price match at Office Depot but no go because no Radio Shacks in the area had inventory. I tried Best Buy and they called up Radio Shack who said it was sold out country wide. The clerk said that meant they would not price match but said he would do it just this one time.

I would have bought more but they only had one unit in stock. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Thanks again fj.
    02-04-12 07:28 PM
    Maybe due to all of us still calling it Radio Shack. At least if you're 30+ . Why they decided to rename them all 'The Source' (in Canada) is beyond me.
    The Canadian Press

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

TORONTO - More than 900 Radio Shack stores across Canada will be rebranded as The Source by Circuit City by the end of June, the top executive of InterTAN Canada Inc. confirmed last night.

The rollout, which starts today at the company's Eaton Centre store in downtown Toronto, comes on the heels of a U.S. court decision that prohibits InterTAN's new U.S. parent company from using the Radio Shack name in Canada.

For many years, InterTAN operated as a private Canadian company with the rights to the Radio Shack name in this country, but it agreed in March 2004 to be acquired by Circuit City Stores, Inc. of Richmond, Virginia.

"We are going to be the headquarters in Canada for everything that's personal, portable and mobile," InterTAN chief executive Brian Levy said.
    02-04-12 07:45 PM
    Cdw.ca had this on sale for $14.99 a couple weeks back.
    02-04-12 07:56 PM
    Hard to find these things. No go at Staples, Office Depot or Best But as far as price match (Staples doesn't carry it anymore).

Just decided to spend the $10 and bought one for $30 at Wal-Mart. Would have tried to price match but no stores had them in stock so had to order online.
    02-04-12 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD