Hi all,

I have posted a couple times about how much I love my pb. I still do, only now my pb isn't returning my love.

Since I first got it in June. The charger has been wonky. I'm not sure if it is the charger or the connection, but regardless, I would have to wiggle it to hit "the sweet spot". I have seen a couple of posts about it, with no real resolution.

I have attempted to send out tweets to both @BlackBerry and @BlackberryHelp with no response. I didn't buy it from a retail store, but rather a finance company....I know, I'm impatient Anyway, I can't send it back to them, so I am relying on my 1 year warranty, but do not know how to go about it.

I guess my question is, is there something I can do to it, to increase the connection, as now its to the point where it isn't charging at all or do I have to send it back and be at the mercy of "we'll get it back to you when we can" as is the attitude of most corporations.

Please help....I miss it already.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-21-11 09:32 AM
    If all fails, try getting a rapid charger since it utilizes the magnetic connection to the far right as opposed to the usb connection. I have seen it for $35 online, look around.
    10-21-11 11:17 AM
    What happens when you use the USB cable? That would determine if it's the charger or playbook port.
    10-21-11 11:25 AM
    The Source has the Rapid chargers on sale for $39 in the stores.

The product code for the charger was 171-3118 in case you want to call the stores first to check for inventory.
    Last edited by robsteve; 10-21-11 at 04:09 PM.
    10-21-11 12:37 PM
    The charger that came with the pb is covered by the one year warranty.
    Call rim and they will send a new one. Mine arrived on the pacific coast the day after I called.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]

By the way, the Rapid Charger can also be wonky as in some cases one of the springloaded pins does not extend out sufficiently so you have to make sure it is seated properly with its magnetic connector. Yesterday someone posted that Staples was selling them for under $20.00
    10-21-11 02:46 PM
    To all that suggested to buying rapid pad...thanks but no thanks. I just want my pb to charge like it should. @ F2, thanks for posting #. I have a new one on its way from FedEx.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-21-11 04:02 PM
    I will say that the rapid charger is very nice (if not wonky). No stress on the usb port, I can connect it in the dark and it charges up fast. It is definitely larger than the normal charger. I now use the normal pb charger for my 9650/bold.
    10-21-11 06:21 PM
    I've used the rapid charger dock for over three weeks now. No problems and it is perfect for watching videos in bed.
    10-21-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD