Just thought you should know that if your original playbook charger has bitten the dust, the replacement time to receive a new one under warranty is a month! Just got off the phone with the RMA department. Apparently, there is a backlog and after telling me that it was a 7-10 business day wait before a tracking number is issued, I called back to find out why I didnt receive it after the 11th business day, they told me that it is now at least 30 days before I will receive a tracking number.
    06-11-12 02:31 PM
    i called back in march, and it took me two weeks. a rep from RIM actually emailed me a couple of times to make sure it was the charger with the issue and not my playbook, and that everything worked fine with the new charger.
    06-11-12 02:47 PM
    Just thought you should know that if your original playbook charger has bitten the dust, the replacement time to receive a new one under warranty is a month! Just got off the phone with the RMA department. Apparently, there is a backlog and after telling me that it was a 7-10 business day wait before a tracking number is issued, I called back to find out why I didnt receive it after the 11th business day, they told me that it is now at least 30 days before I will receive a tracking number.
    It took one month for me to get a replacement.....they replaced it with a magnetic rapid charger... I'm happy with that...
    06-11-12 03:52 PM
    The charger that comes with the PB is now $16 at Walmart. The rapid charger is great but I would get a spare stock charger as a backup. You can use it as a rapid charger for many BB phones.
    06-11-12 03:57 PM
    It took one month for me to get a replacement.....they replaced it with a magnetic rapid charger... I'm happy with that...
    Exactly the same scenario for me, I am also happy with that
    06-11-12 07:56 PM
    anxiously waiting for my replacement charger. its now the 12th business day. at first they told me 5 days i phoned rim on the 6th day then they said 7-10 days. was happy with rims customer service at first but this is getting ridiculous when other people on the forums received theirs the next day. if it takes a month to get a tracking number im gunna be choked. guess i better just buy another crappy usb charger for now.
    08-30-12 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD