HELP! For some reason my BB Playbook RapidCharger isn't working, and my regular charger will NOT go in. The regular charging port seems to be slightly bent, and the middle prong on the RapidCharger itself seems to be.. vanishing itself, like it's receding back into the head of the charger.
    07-24-12 02:00 AM
    On the USB port check that the plastic tab with the contacts is towards the bottom of the port. It's been reported that when you try to plug in the charger upside down it forces the plastic tab up and the cable will not seat correctly. If that is your problem, you can push it back down carefully with a non-metallic object. I have heard of RIM repairing ports even in the case of user error so it may be worth a phone call.

The pins on the rapid charger are spring loaded. You either have a failure or some crud preventing the pin from coming back up. I'm not sure how to fix that. Maybe a small pick to see if you can get any dirt out?

Good luck
    07-24-12 07:05 AM
    As Chaddface noted, the pins are springloaded. You could try some of those electrical sprays that remove oxidation and try pressing it in/out with a toothpick.

Unless rim has changed its policies, it does not cover the Rapid charger with a warranty. You could try the store where you purchased it (unlikely)
    07-24-12 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD