I am able to charge using my laptop and USB cable. but charger will not charge playbook or torch.

Anyone have a # I can call for a replacement?
    10-03-11 10:44 AM
    I think there is a one year warrenty on these things.

try the sellers website.
    10-03-11 10:48 AM
    That sounds like a problem with the warranty. If you have purchased it within 30 days you should be able to just swap it. You can also call BlackBerry for free support for three months if you purchased a Playbook.

Good luck.
    10-03-11 11:26 AM
    Not sure if this is related but sometimes when I plug my PB to the charger it came with, it doesn't seem to register (no lightning symbol over the battery icon), I have to plug and unplug it a few times for it to work. Anyone experience this...?
    10-03-11 11:53 AM
    The ac adapter included with the playbook is covered by warranty and Rim will send you a new one. They sent me one but I was having trouble with the rapid charger and not the original ac adapter. So call them if it is not working properly. The rapid charger is NOT covered by warranty.
    10-03-11 12:42 PM
    Not sure if this is related but sometimes when I plug my PB to the charger it came with, it doesn't seem to register (no lightning symbol over the battery icon), I have to plug and unplug it a few times for it to work. Anyone experience this...?
    I've had the same issue as well. It's a pain, but thankfully it's something that I only have to do maybe twice a week depending on how much I use it.
    10-03-11 04:44 PM
    Well, my PB charger also just died. Won't charge my PB or my Curve.
    I'm guessing since I got my PB for free (the original developer's promo), I'm out of luck and need to buy one. Tempted to buy the rapid charger, but I like only bringing one charger for both phone and PB when I travel... hmm...

UPDATE: Called RIM and they're sending me a replacement charger for free
    Last edited by jetstreamblue; 10-04-11 at 08:40 AM.
    10-04-11 07:58 AM
    I had same problem and I called RIM and they had one to me in 2 days. When I called them they said I had not registered the playbook even though I had bought their extended warranty. They mailed one right out to me and the customer service was excellent. I would call them (website has a number) and give it a shot.
    10-04-11 12:00 PM
    most stores will exchange within 30 days. Once year warranty from blackberry.

FYI watch out for the playbook cradle charging issues. most are defective with one of the three pins not coming out as far as the others. Shows its charging but its not.
    10-04-11 03:42 PM
    10-04-11 04:41 PM
    I got my playbook back in Feb,and my charger stop working is there a way to get a new one at no cost?
    04-28-12 11:50 AM
    Which kind of charger are you talking about? USB, Rapid Wall Charger?
    04-28-12 12:05 PM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support in Canada:
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

The correct URL for the PlayBook support in France is:
    D�couvrez la Tablette Tactile BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 - BlackBerry France
    04-28-12 02:42 PM
    They're replacing my standard wall charger with a rapid charger no questions asked except the serial number on the unit. I was way past the ninety day thing but they processed it anyway and they were nothing but gracious about it. Just call them at the number that's provide to you in the post above.
    04-28-12 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD