I'm having problems with my Playbook Charger. I've had my Playbook since Day 1, and over the last couple of months I have to keep messing with the charger when i plug it in to get it to work. Seems really loose.

I heard someone say call RIM and complain until they send me a new charger. Its been working for so long, I'd be fine with buying a new one if need be - but will I have the same issues with a new one? Or is there a better charger i should get??
    03-27-12 10:32 AM
    Go for the rapid charger, it works a lot better, and used the little contacts beside the USB port.

I have a couple friends who emailed RIM on the charger issue, and were sent Rapid Chargers.

Good luck!
    03-27-12 10:38 AM
    You should get one of the magnetic rapid charger. It uses that 3pin port on the bottom right. I like the corded on because it will work with a case.
    I have seen a few people say that RIM replaced faulty chargers with rapid chargers.
    "playbook charger" - Walmart.com

Prices seem to vary from store to store so have a look around.
    03-27-12 10:39 AM
    I think you should determine if the problem is the charger or the pb socket. Does it work with other chargers but slower? How about the usb to computer?
    dampap likes this.
    03-27-12 12:20 PM
    What kills me is that you can pick up the rapid charger stand / dock in the US for about $30. Here in Canada, the same doc, with our money on par, the cost is $70!!!! I want one but I'm not willing to pay $70 for a charging dock.
    03-27-12 12:32 PM
    I think you should determine if the problem is the charger or the pb socket. Does it work with other chargers but slower? How about the usb to computer?
    Especially since your coming to the end of your one year warranty.
    03-27-12 12:41 PM
    Its definitely the charger. A USB cable fits snug into the playbook. My charger does not work with my 9930. It works sometimes with my wife's HTC EVO.

I called RIM and they are going to send me a replacement charger.
    03-27-12 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD