I got my playbook charger a couple days ago. It will only charge with the charger it came with. It will not charge while plugged into my computer or with either of my two chargers i use with my bold 9900. why is this?
    01-21-12 09:59 AM
    Some BB phone chargers are not rated for the power needed by the PB to charge... my phone charger will take forever to charge my PB. So use the one it came with. It should also charge when plugged into the right kinda usb port on your computer.... try with other ports/computers.
    01-21-12 10:02 AM
    how fast are the rapid chargers vs the normal chargers?
    01-21-12 10:13 AM
    how fast are the rapid chargers vs the normal chargers?
    I don't own one but I have heard that the rapid "travel" charger takes about 3 hours and I believe the rapid "charging dock" should take the same (not sure). I don't own either of them but I ordered the dock like 20 minutes ago
    The travel charger is $19 and the dock is $29 at Walmart.com with free ship-to-store....
    01-21-12 10:17 AM
    I would order one asap of i could find them for that price. but it is hard to find them that cheap that to canada. will using my pb charger hurt my bold?
    01-21-12 10:20 AM
    I got my playbook charger a couple days ago. It will only charge with the charger it came with. It will not charge while plugged into my computer or with either of my two chargers i use with my bold 9900. why is this?
    It may simply be a matter of how much power they are supplying. Many phone chargers and the USB ports on PCs do actually supply some power, even if the PlayBook doesn't show they're charging. What they're actually doing is reducing the power drain of the PlayBook while you're using it.

If you put the PlayBook in standby they will actually charge it, though quite slowly. A USB port will take about 12h to fully charge a drained PlayBook. The phone chargers may do slightly better.

(See my signature for an app that will help you analyze what's actually happening in your particular case.)
    01-21-12 10:21 AM
    I would order one asap of i could find them for that price. but it is hard to find them that cheap that to canada. will using my pb charger hurt my bold?
    The answer is, the opinion varies greatly. Here's some food for thought...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ircuit-690601/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eading-646538/
    01-21-12 10:23 AM
    Then go to the Canadian CDW website, there they have them for $15 but they are charging high shipping... If I was you, I would get both the chargers from CDW (in the same order to offset the shipping cost).
    01-21-12 10:31 AM
    I ordered the charger from CDW and I also downloaded the battery app. I do not understand why my battery health is only 89% when the playbook is only 3 or 4 days old
    01-21-12 12:21 PM
    3edgebone, it's typical. Please read the web page about Battery Guru which you'll see if you swipe down from the top bezel, then click on the provided link in the menu that appears. It explains a bit of background on health. There's nothing wrong or unusual about 89% for a fairly new one.
    01-21-12 02:11 PM
    definitely get the dock if you can put up with taking it in and out of the cover. The weakness i see eventually with the PB will be the wear and tear on the USB port. the dock uses seperate soft contacts for charging. The dock is worth it for this reason alone.
    01-22-12 08:30 PM
    definitely get the dock if you can put up with taking it in and out of the cover. The weakness i see eventually with the PB will be the wear and tear on the USB port. the dock uses seperate soft contacts for charging. The dock is worth it for this reason alone.
    Agreed. The in and out of the cover is a HUGE hassle.

That said, the charging dock is AWESOME!! had one for my bold, and have one for the torch/torch 2.
    01-22-12 08:35 PM
    Agreed. The in and out of the cover is a HUGE hassle.

That said, the charging dock is AWESOME!! had one for my bold, and have one for the torch/torch 2.
    I just got the Rapid Charger yesterday and to my surprise and delight I can plug it in and close my cover over it perfectly.
    01-22-12 08:49 PM
    I just got the Rapid Charger yesterday and to my surprise and delight I can plug it in and close my cover over it perfectly.
    Just don't pick it up in a hurry and forget it is connected to a wire! I've done it without a case blocking 'quick release!'
    01-22-12 09:39 PM
    Just don't pick it up in a hurry and forget it is connected to a wire! I've done it without a case blocking 'quick release!'
    LOL! That would not be cool! Thanks for the reminder.
    01-22-12 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD