Greetings,

I could not find an OEM Playbook charger in the crackberry store... Could someone recommend an appropriate wall charger at a good price? As many of you know, the Playbook is very picky and needs a strong charger... a regular BB10 phone charger won't work!

Thanks in advance.
    03-18-16 09:02 PM
    Use Passport charger. It works. I use it.
    03-18-16 10:19 PM
    I've always used the rapid charger which connects to the PlayBook by magnetic pins. Takes a lot of stress off the USB port which is notoriously fragile.
    Should be able to find this on EBay for a few quid.
    Also worth transferring files wirelessly between PlayBook & computer to protect that port.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 04:33 AM
    Thanks for the replies! Yes, the USB charger is very fragile, had to send my first PB to BlackBerry for replacement years ago. Now the current one is acting up as well...

Can hardly believe that I didn't know about this rapid charger! Will get one soon, and perhaps a Passport charger as well (maybe even a Passport).

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 09:23 AM
    Can hardly believe that I didn't know about this rapid charger! Will get one soon, and perhaps a Passport charger as well (maybe even a Passport).

Posted via CB10
    Well, Playbook is best paired with a BBOS device (9900 or 9810 or 9720). But pairing with a Passport is not so bad. You can write your BBM and SMS from the Playbook, also access all of your data on the Passport from the Playbook. I use to download works to my passport and write them on my Playbook (VKB writing in portrait mode. Like it so much. I can type very fast and accurately. I translate my works and write my short stories like this for the last few months).

It works sort of like Blend. But I'm sure you already know this.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-19-16 01:00 PM