Spent the day installing the PlayBook in my 08 civic. It's still a work in progress but it turned out really good so far

Playbook in car's dash-dsc_3309.jpg

Playbook in car's dash-dsc_3310.jpg

Playbook in car's dash-dsc_3312.jpg

Playbook connected via bluetooth to an aftermarket stereo installed in the glove box (work in progress). Playbook is charged via rapid charger. I wasn't able to fit in a USB cable as the double din dash kit didn't provide a way to do so without modification.

Playbook was mounted with two brackets and I had wedged floor protector pads inbetween to not damage the tablet

Playbook in car's dash-dsc_3301.jpg

I'll probably upgrade to an android tablet in the future as it offers a lot more flexibility but for now I'll enjoy the playbook!

Posted via CB10
    Kowal likes this.
    05-29-15 11:41 PM
    OP, you're the dude!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 06:36 AM
    I replaced playbook gps antena with an external one. Result : gps fix �n 10 seconds

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    Can you share how you were able to do this?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 09:13 AM
    Can you share how you were able to do this?

Posted via CB10
    Great job man . For the gps antenna, I hooked up into the playbook and on mainboard, the gps wire is the GRAY one and the gps antenna is on the left bottom of playbook faced down. The blue wire is bluetooth, the black and white are the wi-fi antennas.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    06-01-15 05:14 AM
    Great job man . For the gps antenna, I hooked up into the playbook and on mainboard, the gps wire is the GRAY one and the gps antenna is on the left bottom of playbook faced down. The blue wire is bluetooth, the black and white are the wi-fi antennas.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    Can you explain in further detail? Did you solder a longer piece of wire and ran it to the windshield for better reception?

Edit
    After a bit of research I see that I would have two options passive or active external gps. I'm assuming an active external gps I can rely on the playbook's power supply for the gps while with a passive I can solder a wire (no more than 3 ft) to the antenna?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by k__dam; 06-01-15 at 11:02 AM.
    06-01-15 08:11 AM
    Can you explain in further detail? Did you solder a longer piece of wire and ran it to the windshield for better reception?

Edit
    After a bit of research I see that I would have two options passive or active external gps. I'm assuming an active external gps I can rely on the playbook's power supply for the gps while with a passive I can solder a wire (no more than 3 ft) to the antenna?

Posted via CB10
    You are right. I put a pasive ceramic antenna but if you have the possibility to put an active antenna is better. I don't use playbook antenna anymore so I solder a wire about 30 cm just enough to reach the top of the dashboard.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    06-01-15 03:45 PM
    You are right. I put a pasive ceramic antenna but if you have the possibility to put an active antenna is better. I don't use playbook antenna anymore so I solder a wire about 30 cm just enough to reach the top of the dashboard.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    Thanks! If I wanted too can I just solder an additional wire and keep the original playbook antenna in its place? In essence I would have two antennas to the same solder point

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    06-01-15 04:56 PM
    Thanks! If I wanted too can I just solder an additional wire and keep the original playbook antenna in its place? In essence I would have two antennas to the same solder point

Posted via CB10
    Yes, solder a 50 ohm wire where gps antenna is located (bottom left faced down, gray wire). You can put wi-fi wire found in old laptops for wi-fi antenna.

Q10-Passport-Q10...
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    06-02-15 02:13 AM
58 123