I have my playbook mounted in my car, use it for maps, the compass and music. The only problem is at night it is a little too bright. I remember someone on here mentioning there is some sort of night time mode for the playbook which makes it less bright. I was wondering if this exists or was just part of an app.

I can dim the brightness in settings, just wondering if there was another way.
    03-13-12 11:57 AM
    I have my Playbook mounted in my car aswell and I don't think there is a "night time mode" but your Playbook should automatically dim the backlight when its dark.

I know you said you could just change the brightness... and it looks like that's what your going to have to do. I have my brightness set to 50% at all times and it works perfectly in and out of the car, day or night.
    03-13-12 12:16 PM
    Turning on the automatic backlight dimming seems to bring down the brightness.
    I white background is still a bit too bright for me but most functions seem about the same brightness as my interior lights.
    03-13-12 12:30 PM
    Resist28 maybe a small tip here i dont own a car cradle but does it grip it top and bottom if so you maybe able to buy thin plastic cut to size of playbook and will work with screen you then can pick colour needed and maybe help on those very sunny days aswell
    03-13-12 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD