07-28-12 02:43 PM
43 12
    Either I'm missing something obvious or have more important considerations, but why do you need to access a computer while you are driving? Isn't that what an office is for? I'm sure I am setting myself up for a major flame fest, but I just don't see a need to use my laptop while I drive or any other device that takes my eyes off of the road. Enlighten me, please.

I don't really play around with my 64GB while driving, I do read Messages or Browse while stuck in traffic. It's also Bridged so it's easier than looking at my Torch 9800.

Watching Videoa is THE reason why I wanted it mounted. I set it up so I don't take my eyes off the road. I know some not a fan of this but there are so many drivers out there that can't drive for sh*t even with their full attention to the road or do worst things like Taking on their Cell Phones, Texting, Putting of Make-Up, etc.
    08-27-11 02:35 PM
    this one cost me 10 bucks to build and attach
    08-27-11 04:44 PM

I got/installed it a few weeks ago, $20 shipped. I'm having with it and I can also use it for my Torch 9800.

Is that THIS model?

Car Air Vent Mount for Samsung Galaxy Tab, Coby Kyros, Blackberry Playbook, Archos 70 and Other 7" Internet Tablets
    08-30-11 04:18 PM
    This is pretty cool. But I can't buy one - I have a hard enough time keeping my eyes off my phone. That beautiful PB screen would surely be too tempting.
    08-30-11 04:32 PM
    The best car mount i ever see.

08-30-11 04:55 PM
    The best car mount i ever see.

08-30-11 04:56 PM
    this one cost me 10 bucks to build and attach
    Any details available?
    08-30-11 05:17 PM
    How wide does the mount open up to allow the PB to be inserted? I have the Otterbox Defender on mine and don't what to have to remove it just to put it in a holder.

No I don't think it would fit with an Otterbox on it. You actually might break it by overstretching it. Also might just be a tad bit too heavy.

Just remember, windshield mounts are illegal in some states.
    Ohhh thanks for that I didn't know that. I've never had a problem with it here in PA
    08-30-11 07:21 PM
    looking for a mount for a PB in an Otterbox as well. if anyone has any ideas, Id be happy to hear it or see pics/links for it.
    12-05-11 03:30 PM
    Ok I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2012 and I am looking for a mount that actually mounts up (hopefully screw less) in the cubby hole I have circled... has anybody seen anything like that? Also has anybody actually found a cig-lighter charger that will actually charge the battery? I have an actual plugin in my truck but I am trying to minimize the amount of wires that are viewable.
    03-05-12 08:27 PM
    Seeing as there are some recent blogs about PlayBook car mounts and GPS apps like Magellan Maps, I thought I would revive this thread to ask a question.

Is anyone using this RAM mount for their PlayBook, and is it any good?

RAM Mighty Buddy Car Windshield Suction Mount with Tab-Tite Cradle for Amazon Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Blackberry Playbook, Dell Streak
    06-14-12 01:38 AM
    Don't have a photo handy but got a fleximount by Ram Mounts with 3" articulating arm and dash mounted it. Got it from Mount Guys.
    Very secure, very stable, attaches and un-attaches easily with one hand.
    All functions are available including the camera when mounted.
    Highly recommended.
    06-14-12 10:16 AM
    Now that Megellan Compass is out, I'm thinking of getting a couple mounts myself. One for my care and one for hers.
    06-14-12 10:29 AM
    20 bux using 2 generic phone holders on my jetta ......has held tight on some very rough roads...just bent the two inside prongs down slightly and the pd slides in like a dream...
    06-14-12 08:16 PM
    06-14-12 08:22 PM
    I had started a thread a few months back, take a look at my solution and the others people had posted.

06-14-12 09:14 PM
    Satechi cup holder mounts. Two mounts come with one purchase (for phone and tablet). Can't get much more lower profile than this. Also very sturdy so no rocking. Also rotates once mounted from portrait to landscape for either device. Pics of both mounts provided.

Amazon.com: Satechi SCH-121 Satechi Cup Holder For Smartphones And Tablets: Computers & Accessories
    06-14-12 10:31 PM
    I purchased the Arkon SM517 from Amazon for about 11 bucks shipped free. I also picked up a cheepo rubber sleeve for under 5 bucks so it wouldnt get scratched. Its mounted in my 2008 Grand Prix and seems to be pretty sturdy so far, but only time will tell.
    07-28-12 02:43 PM
43 12