So I've perused through the existing threads and theres' nothing THAT new.

Anyone care to share where they purchased their car mount for their PB? Now that my PB has taken on new life with its new data connection, its traveling with me quite a bit more, and I'd love to have an easy in and out way to mount it. Just to keep it low profile I'd prefer something like an air vent, but I'm not sure it'll support the weight. The windshield mounts for my Yukon would put it too high up in the line of sight.

ebay? anyone build something creative?

Thanks all!
    08-26-11 02:44 PM
    Got mine from Amazon, as well as the HDMI cable. Works fairly well. Although my mount is in my kitchen wall. Perfect for watching movies while cooking.

Amazon.com: Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for 7-Inch Tablets: Electronics
    08-26-11 02:55 PM
    Made one for my Cobalt... used the mount for a windshield mount and attaching it was custom to my application.
    Gerbelpix likes this.
    08-26-11 02:55 PM
    Another photo... I don't have any of just the mount and how it's attached, but can take one if you think it would help.
    08-26-11 02:59 PM
    been shopping myself...wondering if something like this would work: http://www.amazon.com/AutoDASHMOUNT-...bUvbUpU6618608
    Last edited by mgm1979; 08-26-11 at 03:15 PM.
    08-26-11 03:11 PM

RAM mount. I'm happy with it for now until something better comes out.
    08-26-11 03:21 PM
    ProClip has some great solutions.

First pick your vehicle

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

Then the mount

Dual Select Listing*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

Don't have one for my playbook, but have used them for my phones with great success. Quality builds.
    jrohland likes this.
    08-26-11 03:23 PM
    MountGuys

I got/installed it a few weeks ago, $20 shipped. I'm having with it and I can also use it for my Torch 9800.

08-26-11 03:25 PM
    I love Ram and Havis.

Not sure if Havis has dipped their feet in the tablet waters yet.

The Ram Mount that I had in my old truck for Motion Tablet was great and a lot of customizing can be done with them. I have to find my pictures as they are on my server since i did the project over 3 years ago.

Havis - Productivity in Motion
    RAM Mounting Systems, Inc.
    08-26-11 03:27 PM
    So cool. I just wish I had the space for one in my car, I don't know where I'd put one. Sometimes I wish I had a job where'd I need stuff like this in the car, I just don't spend enough time in the car lol.
    08-26-11 03:36 PM
    Great replies all - this is a great compilation of what everyone has done. Certainly a ton of solutions out there. Keep em coming!

KyleH - nice work!

Bembol - does that flip upside down (as in with the mount below the vent?)

frfghtr - they look great actually. I love that its custom to the vehicle. Gonna go scope out those options now with the PB and see what the total damage would be cost-wise

And the RAM/Havis mounts look super solid as well.
    kyleheney likes this.
    08-26-11 06:21 PM
    for those that already have a mount installed, how much movement is there while driving? or is it pretty stable?
    08-26-11 06:29 PM
    for those that already have a mount installed, how much movement is there while driving? or is it pretty stable?
    I have the same one that Bembol has (looks like it) except mine is for the windshield, not the air vent. But nope no movement at all. Braking, going over bumps, nothing at all. It's REALLY stable

Walmart.com: Arkon SM517 Galaxy Tab Windshield Mount for 7" Tablet PCs: Computers
    ajeberry1 likes this.
    08-26-11 06:50 PM
    I've used ProClip for all my Berrys. I saw they make one for the PlayBook, but Im looking for 1 that leaves the camera area open so I can take HD videos when I go out to track days....
    PMG 705 likes this.
    08-26-11 07:16 PM
    Bembol - does that flip upside down (as in with the mount below the vent?)
    Yes, it does.

That picture was taken as soon as I installed it/no adjustments, I couldn't bother retaking it but I lowered/tilted it down so it's resting against the Dash. I had too because of Glare from the Sun and it's more secure.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    08-26-11 07:54 PM
    That picture was taken as soon as I installed it/no adjustments, I couldn't bother retaking it but I lowered/tilted it down so it's resting against the Dash. I had too because of Glare from the Sun and it's more secure.
    Does the mount cover up the Camera on the PlayBook?
    08-26-11 08:57 PM
    ProClip has some great solutions.

First pick your vehicle

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

Then the mount

Dual Select Listing*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

Don't have one for my playbook, but have used them for my phones with great success. Quality builds.
    I have always used Proclip for my phones and will be buying a playbook mount soon...

I too currently have the same mount bembol does but mine is a floor mount and I really don't like it. The arms on it are too close together and interfere with buttons on top and charging ports on the bottom. It also vibrates a lot but that may have more to do with it being a floor mount...

PG
    08-26-11 10:17 PM
    Does the mount cover up the Camera on the PlayBook?
    No, it doesn't.
    08-27-11 08:12 AM
    I have the same one that Bembol has (looks like it) except mine is for the windshield, not the air vent. But nope no movement at all. Braking, going over bumps, nothing at all. It's REALLY stable

Walmart.com: Arkon SM517 Galaxy Tab Windshield Mount for 7" Tablet PCs: Computers
    How wide does the mount open up to allow the PB to be inserted? I have the Otterbox Defender on mine and don't what to have to remove it just to put it in a holder.

Mike
    08-27-11 08:22 AM

Just remember, windshield mounts are illegal in some states.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    08-27-11 08:37 AM
    Either I'm missing something obvious or have more important considerations, but why do you need to access a computer while you are driving? Isn't that what an office is for? I'm sure I am setting myself up for a major flame fest, but I just don't see a need to use my laptop while I drive or any other device that takes my eyes off of the road. Enlighten me, please.
    Being that you asked.....

1. GPS function
    2. MP3 Player
    3. Video Player (when parked of course, or for the passenger to watch)
    4. Securing the PB while vehicle moving.
    5. Etc..... everyone else feel free to add to this list.
    08-27-11 10:37 AM
    How about a dash cam?

With front and rear facing cameras, would make for some interesting vacation movies.
    08-27-11 11:14 AM
    Still trying to figure out a way to get mine to stay in the cubby
    08-27-11 11:41 AM
    Still trying to figure out a way to get mine to stay in the cubby
    Nice sunshade. Maybe you can affix one of the available mounts to the back of the cubby?
    08-27-11 11:45 AM
    Either I'm missing something obvious or have more important considerations, but why do you need to access a computer while you are driving? Isn't that what an office is for? I'm sure I am setting myself up for a major flame fest, but I just don't see a need to use my laptop while I drive or any other device that takes my eyes off of the road. Enlighten me, please.
    I plan on using it as an ondash cam for when I goto track days - no sense for me to buy a new Cam when the PB can record in HD.
    08-27-11 02:04 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD