I went to the box app to download some wallpapers for my PlayBook. I downloaded but couldn't be found under the PlayBook's pictures app, no surprise here.

So I tried the PlayBook's app manager, and I found the picture. It opened the picture fine, but no way to make it your wallpaper or even send it to the PlayBook's pictures app. Again, no surprise here.

Is the PlayBook's OS made by a group of 10 year olds or what?

Ugh.
    Last edited by rupam95; 09-17-12 at 12:38 AM.
    09-17-12 12:34 AM
    Go to App World and download Ghost Commander.

There's an easy copy/paste feature that'll do the trick.

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    esk369 likes this.
    09-17-12 12:48 AM
    The Box app downloads to your Documents folder. Move the pics from Documents to Photos and the Pictures app will see them.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-17-12 12:50 AM
    Meh.. Blame whoever you want for it but one of the reasons it doesn't work is because the Box app is sandboxed and doesn't ask you where to download files. It downloads them generically to the documents folder, you can move the file to the Photos folder and it will work as you expect.

But looking at your posting history, I'm sure you have no interest in a fix for it but instead just want to complain trololololololololololol.
    09-17-12 12:51 AM
    Is the PlayBook's OS made by a group of 10 year olds or what?
    Well, only in British Columbia, Canada, where children under 12 years old can be allowed to work... but still need permission from the Director of Employment Standards, who may also set the conditions of employment...

So, I'm pretty sure that PB's OS is not made by a group of 10 years old children...
    randall2580, MrNutt and esk369 like this.
    09-17-12 02:21 AM
    Well, only in British Columbia, Canada, where children under 12 years old can be allowed to work... but still need permission from the Director of Employment Standards, who may also set the conditions of employment...

So, I'm pretty sure that PB's OS is not made by a group of 10 years old children...
    To be honest, Playbook does hav a lot of weird issues. Just hope everything will be normal after OS 2.1 final release.
    09-17-12 02:26 AM
    .....I ...... couldn't ...... PlayBook.

... I tried ......... no way ......... PlayBook.....
    Rupam95, if you're unhappy with the app, don't blame it on the PB. Try to find something that works even if it's a workaround. I read somewhere on this forum that BB is for people who do (not for whiners). So just do it (Nike?), or get rid of it!

.......the Box app is sandboxed.........
    Well, there you go...those little deceivers, they should have called it SandBox and you would have known from the beginning.

Have a nice day
    09-17-12 03:14 AM
    Meh.. Blame whoever you want for it but one of the reasons it doesn't work is because the Box app is sandboxed and doesn't ask you where to download files. It downloads them generically to the documents folder, you can move the file to the Photos folder and it will work as you expect.

But looking at your posting history, I'm sure you have no interest in a fix for it but instead just want to complain trololololololololololol.

So you have to use a computer to do this or can i do it using the tablet? I don't have my laptop w/ me now.

*I have to complain because it doesn't do the basic functions correctly. Is that too much to ask. Who tests these apps anyway?

*Just because i complain about the lack of functions the PlayBook has, it is actually helps RIM prevent these issues the next time they release an OS update for the Playbook. So i'm not a TrOLL
    09-17-12 08:45 AM
    So you have to use a computer to do this or can i do it using the tablet? I don't have my laptop w/ me now.
    If you had read the responses to your original post, you wouldn't need to ask this question- and thank Pedro when you get a chance.
    09-17-12 09:43 AM
    Yeah, things can sometimes take a little tinkering to get worked out, but it can be done. I downloaded a free album and it came as a zip file into my documents folder as well. Just used Files and Folders to unzip it and then copy and pasted the songs into my music file. Worked like a charm. No biggie.
    09-17-12 11:15 AM
    I didnt try Ghost Commander yet, Im using AIR browser, you cant copy / paste multiple files at once..works well for me.
    09-17-12 11:49 AM
    I downloaded Ghost Commander and once i copy the picture, it makes a new file ('home:').
    Then i went into my photos/ folder, but i don't see any paste option.
    09-17-12 12:07 PM
    Files and Folders is my choice. Integrated box function allows download and open with app with one click.
    09-17-12 12:40 PM
    Ghost is a DUAL pane browser. Navigate in one pane to the folder containing the file you want to move, then to the folder where you want the file to be moved to in the other pane. Then select the file to be moved, and choose either move or copy from the toolbar. Copy will leave a copy of the file in the original folder, move will not.
    09-17-12 12:52 PM
    To be honest, until I saw this thread, made no effort to set wallpaper on my PB. Just went to Pictures and did so - too easy.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    09-17-12 01:05 PM
    How is it downloading the image? I noticed when I first downloaded some walls that if you don't put .jpg then you usually can't use what you downloaded. I kept scratching my head until the 5th time.
    09-17-12 01:30 PM
    I download stuff all the time, find it using AIR Browser file manager. Usually in downloads directory.

Then you can unzip with it, it creates a folder and then you can copy and paste the files to the Pictures folder.

AIR browser lets you select multiple files for copy/paste. You can also delete folders, make new ones, etc.

I do this for music downloads which are zipped, comic book files, etc. You can do anything on the PB, just ask Crackberry!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-17-12 02:41 PM
    ... Oh one more thing...

You can rename files easily with AIR Browser. So if missing the JPG extension or ZIP or whatever, it is easy to change so it shows up.

NOTE:

This is how you can hide stuff on your playbook. So it doesn't automatically show a Preview when you are in Pictures or Video app!!!

When you want to view it, use AIR Browser to find the file, rename it with proper extension and then open directly from AIR Browser!!!

When done, rename file extension back to non-recognized form. I usually just add or remove a letter and this is enough to make it not show up in previews.

For Example....

private.jpg --> private.jp
    private.mpg --> private.mp

Alternatively, just add a letter:

private.jpg --> private.jpgz
    private.mpg --> private.mpgz

Now feel free to store stuff on your playbook and not worry about previews of private-only media showing up when you or someone else is browsing through your video and pictures.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    FF22 and DC506 like this.
    09-17-12 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD