Dear Fellow Crackberry members,

My Playbook is having serious issues: I Cannot Back up in DM v 2.4.0 (Mac Build). The reason I REALLY need to do this is because my camera is NOT functioning. It only shows gray vertical bars when I open this. I read its a system software problem somewhere else and a complete security wipe plus reboot can solve it. Can anyone help, please? Thanks in advance!!

Best,
    AT_Nepal
    10-14-12 04:28 AM
    I know nothing about the Mac or software but can you find a friend/family member with a Windows machine who would allow you to cooperate.

Also, since "mysterious camera failure" is somewhat of an issue, you might contact Rim (but Nepal might make that difficult).

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    10-14-12 08:44 AM
    Thanks So much F2! I will try!
    10-14-12 09:31 AM
    Dear Fellow Crackberry members,

My Playbook is having serious issues: I Cannot Back up in DM v 2.4.0 (Mac Build). The reason I REALLY need to do this is because my camera is NOT functioning. It only shows gray vertical bars when I open this. I read its a system software problem somewhere else and a complete security wipe plus reboot can solve it. Can anyone help, please? Thanks in advance!!

Best,
    AT_Nepal
    My camera has the same issue, grey vertical bars since the update! Front, back, in the video chat, etc!! I've tried everything, did the security wipe, reboot, didn't load up anything had before etc...etc..still no camera! Pretty bitter about this as I've had the PB since it came out without any issues at all, until now...grr. Not sure if RIM will fix it as I haven't called yet, I'm not so sure I can be without it for any length of time as it literally has become an extension of my hand! Pretty sad ...
    10-14-12 10:18 AM
    Hi Peen

Would be great if you could try and let me know if this is worth the trouble to call from Nepal would appreciate tons!

AT Nepal
    10-15-12 01:45 AM
    My camera has the same issue, grey vertical bars since the update! Front, back, in the video chat, etc!! I've tried everything, did the security wipe, reboot, didn't load up anything had before etc...etc..still no camera! Pretty bitter about this as I've had the PB since it came out without any issues at all, until now...grr. Not sure if RIM will fix it as I haven't called yet, I'm not so sure I can be without it for any length of time as it literally has become an extension of my hand! Pretty sad ...
    Well, there is good news and bad. The bad news is that, of all the people who have had "the camera bug", myself included, all have had to send their Playbooks back to RIM for repair. The good news is that RIM knows about this bug and will fix it and return it quickly. They extended my warranty to cover it.

I also put it off, not wanting to be without it. I finally bought a 64 GB Playbook before I sent my 32 GB in for repair. Extension of one's hand is not far off.
    peen and AT_Nepal like this.
    10-15-12 07:15 AM
    I do not have your camera problem.

RE: Mac DM backup: I have always been using the current version of the DM Mac build since the beginning. My 64GB playbook stopped being able to back up in May 2012. Nothing but an error message since. Never side loaded, only have a few apps from the App Store. Lots of documents, some videos, some images and a far amount of music. Have used 34GB. Between the time the backup worked and stopped working a few songs were added. Removed those songs and still no backup. Puzzled... Called RIM here in Canada without any the satisfaction to this being solved. Still waiting for a DM upgrade that will finally solve this problem...
    10-15-12 07:39 AM
    Ok, i'm a PB mac user, using the latest version of DM. Whilst I cannot backup everything in one hit I find that doing 2 partial backups works fine. I do one backup of application data & settings; the other a backup of media. Ok so I get 2 backup files with different names, but it works each time for me.
    AT_Nepal likes this.
    10-15-12 08:06 AM
    Definitely going to have to send it in, and unfortunately you're going to have to take a small L with the back up issue too. I had the same problems (Windows DM and Camera) well, on two separate Playbooks, 1st had the camera issue. 2nd, i could charge but not perform the backup. Oh, now that I think of it, if its media you're trying to save, just copy it via wifi file sharing. It'll be a long process but well worth it in the end. From that point you'll only be lacking application settings and game progress. No biggy, just gives you to play the games all over again.
    10-15-12 09:44 AM