I have to send my Playbook in for repair, I need to ID which camera is having problems.
    It is the camera on what I would call the back, (not on the screen side). It's the camera you typically use for taking photographs and not for video chat.
    Is it front or back??

UPDATE: All good, sent my PB in for repair, got it back in record time and fixed, RIM didn't charge me for the ship to then nor to return it to me, it was all FEDEX Express, It's good to have my PB back! I felt naked! LOL and Kudos to RIM for superior customer service on the issue!!!
    Last edited by mawil1013; 12-18-12 at 09:54 AM. Reason: updated
    12-11-12 06:10 PM
    Rear.....................
    mr9ice likes this.
    12-11-12 06:13 PM
    waitwut?

4tehlolz?
    12-11-12 06:22 PM
    That's the rear (back) camera. I can see how it might be confusing. Good luck on the repair!
    12-11-12 07:24 PM
    Received a return box from RIM with prepaid FedEx express envelope, it should be with the repair facility. The warranty expired just a few weeks ago, I didn't discover the issue until I happened to use the camera. There is no amount of wiping to fix it, I hope they are decent and don't charge me for a repair since I spent over one week trying to resolve myself, asking here and trying various wipes only time find out I should have called RIM immediately. The minimum repair fee seems to be $99. They are supposed to contact me before fixing with a solution and if they will charge me. I can't justify the $99 just for the camera having a a line in the picture, I don't often use it for pics, and I can zoom in to where the line isn't visible and then take a pic. The line is 1/4 inch from left edge. I'll report back when they contact me.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-13-12 07:28 PM
    Good luck (and filler characters)
    12-13-12 10:31 PM
    Wow fast turn around, Playbook just returned, reloading OS right now,,,

Ran through inpection of camera, video, played video, took a picture and it looked good, no line to be seen, which is excellent.

Have no idea yet if they charged me, I don't think so. I asked Cust.Serv. Rep. to notify me if there was to be any charge. Also wrote a note which I included with return box that if there was to be a fee accessed that I'd take it back as is and not to charge me, I looked at my credit card statement and there are no charges.
    Signed, Apprehensive but happy!
    12-18-12 08:25 AM
    Rim would have charged before they reapired and after asking for your approval. Glad you got it sorted out. I have nothing but good things to say about the warranty service.
    12-18-12 08:42 AM
    Sounding good and "looking" good.
    12-18-12 08:49 AM
    Rim would have charged before they reapired and after asking for your approval. Glad you got it sorted out. I have nothing but good things to say about the warranty service.
    I then have to say superior warranty, kudos to RIM. I doubt any company in the USA would have been so lenient. Once a warranty is up in the US, it's up and your on your own. I couldn't have argued with RIM as the warranty was up, but by all reason the camera line probably started before the end of warranty. I just don't use it that often.
    12-18-12 08:56 AM
    From "Big Trouble":

Going to the airport: "Which way do we go? We're arriving, but then we want to depart..."
    12-18-12 09:36 AM