Ok, i cant find anything to help me so i hope this new thread will do. I haven't been able to get Calendar to work, much less open, in the last few weeks. After loading 2.0 i had no issues with it, it seems as of the recent weeks it just stopped working. I did update to 2.0.1.

Anyone else had this happen, if so what did you do to fix it? Ive power cycled it (full off), restarted it, and still nothing. All i get is the loading symbol but frozen. Any ideas suggestion ar welcome and appreciated.

## Update ##

I ended up just doing a security wipe, then carefully adding back my email accounts making sure I test each new addition. I started with Facebook, then Twitter, lastly LinkedIn. After those, I added my Gmail to sync email contacts and calendar. Tested the app, sync'd all appt's correctly so I then went to add my Microsoft Exchange account. After adding it, went to test the app, had to restart the PB to "push" through the sync. After it restarted, tested the calendar app and still worked.

At this point I thought long and hard what other account do I really need to sync the calendar, I had 3 more accounts to add. I decided 1 more (hotmail) then the other 2 will be email only. At this moment, all is well with the calendar app.

Solution: security wipe, then carefully add each account back. Play it safe it and set the default to be the PlayBook.
    Last edited by bambuco; 04-24-12 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Problem "Solved"
    04-20-12 10:20 PM
    Did you try the hard reset? (below).

Might you have bad data in your calendar?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    04-21-12 12:09 AM
    Ok, i cant find anything to help me so i hope this new thread will do. I haven't been able to get Calendar to work, much less open, in the last few weeks. After loading 2.0 i had no issues with it, it seems as of the recent weeks it just stopped working. I did update to 2.0.1.

Anyone else had this happen, if so what did you do to fix it? Ive power cycled it (full off), restarted it, and still nothing. All i get is the loading symbol but frozen. Any ideas suggestion ar welcome and appreciated.
    I was having this problem this morning. it was one of my email accounrs that was causing the problem. try deleteing your calander synced email accounts and set them up again

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 02:13 AM
    Did you try the hard reset? (below).

Might you have bad data in your calendar?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    Thabkss F2! But just to be clear, you're saying to do the following:

1) Restart using the power icon.

2) Once loaded, press + hold power button for 10-15 seconds? Or did you mean do this during the boot up? I've done it both ways, when it was loaded I did it and didn't load back up so it seems it did a full off.

3) Once loaded, I did the 3-button reboot. Or did you mean to do these consecutively?

Either way, I still can't get the calendar to work so I think as you suggested I may have bad data. I can wipe and load the OS just like a Bold right?
    04-21-12 08:26 AM
    I was having this problem this morning. it was one of my email accounrs that was causing the problem. try deleteing your calander synced email accounts and set them up again

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Thanks Lome!! That's one of the first things I did was edit my acconts to unsync calendar. I'm going to take it a step further by deleting all accounts and if that doesn't work I'm going to see about reloading the OS cause I may have bad data.
    04-21-12 08:29 AM
    I had the same thing happen right after the last update. I did a full shutdown, waited a minute, started her up again...problem gone!
    04-21-12 08:46 AM
    I meant try each of those methods if the prior one did not fix the issue. Not to do each of them one after the other.

Yes, reloading the OS is a tedious pain if you have tons of music, photos, etc to reload.
    04-21-12 10:26 AM
    I have the same issue and look for the solution every day... someone help...
    04-21-12 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD