I think the Playbook calculator is one of the most underrated apps on the PB. I know its 'just a calculator' but its actually one of the features i show off to people when I let them use my PB. Most people are impressed how smooth the transitions are and how nice the UI is.
    I love the banner on the side that lets you recall any calculated total from the past. The convertor is great too!
    The calculator is one of the few apps written by TAT, the mobile interface design company that is building the infrastructure for the BB10 user interface. TAT supposedly wrote the calculator in 2 or 3 weeks, as a sort of demo for what their technology can do.

| Crackberry -- PlayBook Calculator FIrst Look!

| Why the PlayBook calculator has a great user interface
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-12-12 01:52 AM
    You guys are too advanced for me. I spent a whole semester my freshman year in engineering school learning to use a slide rule. For you youngsters who don't know what that is, just google it.
    Why not have a slide rule app for us throw backs.;-)
    igotrocks likes this.
    03-12-12 07:59 AM
    When I Press/Hold on the calculator, it does not contain a "trash icon" and therefore, I don't think you deleted it. Maybe it was moved into a folder with some other apps/icons or perhaps it wound up on a panel to the right of the main panel. Or make sure you scroll all of the icons on the ALL panel up/down.
    Interesting, I looked through all of them last night and couldn't find it. I'll have to check again. I know I have used it in the past, but I don't recall using it after I installed 2.0

I'll have to look on my other PB as well.
    03-12-12 09:18 AM
    I never really played with the calc that comes withthe PB, I'm an RPN person too.
    I use the ones by iMarco and RPN Scientific.
    I'll have to try the 'native' one, but in my opinion an RPN calc is the only way to go for real engineers and scientists... Been an avid HP user since I converted back in 1981 right before my EE finals Sophomore year.
    Come off it. Real engineers wore top hats, smoked fat cigars, called a certain lady by the name of Victoria, Your Majesty and used a slide rule and a pencil.
    03-12-12 01:29 PM
    Why not have a slide rule app for us throw backs.;-)
    I had a great slide rule! Too bad I haven't any idea where it is. Made of stabilized bamboo great cross hair arrangement covered both sides. Oh well made it through the sixties anyway.
    03-13-12 08:04 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD