Just opened my playbook and noticed the bulge in the back, ie it doesnt lie flat. I have heard of this on the forums but don't know if it is a serious issue or merely cosmetic. Should I return it or am I okay? Will I have an issue with cases?
    08-30-12 04:48 PM
    I noticed that on mine (purchased 2 weeks ago). No problem with the device yet, it just spin easily when you use it flat on a table with no case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-30-12 05:00 PM
    Is that PlayBook in your pocket? Get it checked out, it's not supposed to bulge like that.
    08-30-12 05:01 PM
    I read somewhere that the bulge on the back is caused by the stamping process for the back logo. Purely cosmetic. But hey, it's not my PlayBook.
    08-30-12 05:40 PM
    I have purchased upwards of twenty PlayBooks within the last two months now on eBay. Mostly used, but a few refurbs mixed in. Several have had this bulge, but all work just fine.
    08-30-12 06:07 PM
    Your PlayBook's buff, you should be flattered
    bb624 likes this.
    08-30-12 06:36 PM
    It really depends on how large the bulge is. Most cases cover the issue without a problem.

One guy used a hair dryer to heat the back and pressed it and held while it cooled. Not too much heat. Someone resurrected that thread within the last week or less.
    08-30-12 08:24 PM
    Minr has a small bulge noticable if you reflect light off of it. I don't really care, i paid 149 and it works awesome.

08-30-12 09:13 PM
    I noticed that on mine (purchased 2 weeks ago). No problem with the device yet, it just spin easily when you use it flat on a table with no case.

That's how I noticed it. My problem is if I lay it flat and want to type on it.

By the way I called rim and the guy said he's never heard of this issue before. C'mon dude, at least acknowledge the issue.
    08-30-12 09:24 PM
    That's how I noticed it. My problem is if I lay it flat and want to type on it.

By the way I called rim and the guy said he's never heard of this issue before. C'mon dude, at least acknowledge the issue.

Yea they should at least be familiar with it, there are alot of devices with that bulge lol.

08-30-12 09:30 PM
    I decided to send it back. I bought it from office depot but they are out of stock so rim is going to take it back. Well, they will send me a new one, which I have to hold with a credit card, then they'll refund it when they get bulgy back. Whatever, damn thing better be flat. I asked her to have someone lay it on a table and verify that its flat before mailing it, but she didn't seem able to make that happen.
    08-30-12 10:35 PM
    Check out this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...urself-686790/

It's a thread on fixing the bulge. I used this method 7 1/2 months ago & it worked great, easy fix, & my PB is still flat.
    08-30-12 11:03 PM
    I saw that. Didn't feel comfortable with it. Thanks though.
    08-30-12 11:43 PM
    Find a flat marble surface and play spin the PB with your friends ! Doc Neutron
    08-31-12 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD