Hello, and thanks to anyone who can offer some advice on this problem.
    I've had the playbook almost since it came out, I still believe one of the best tablets hands down, in terms of power, style, function, and capabilities. But man I hate when little problems or bugs pop up cuz there is never usually a good way to figure the problem other than reboot or wipe.
    Recently I've notice my browser stop responding to taps and clicks. Such as before it was only problems like clicking a link and nothing happening and having to click it around 5 times before it would load. Not a world breaker to me.
    But now my browser won't open the menu for long clicks on links, let alone for copy and pasting. This is a deal breaker.
    I have to resort to using my remote control bb, and middle clicking through the menu options, as even through remote control the right click option does nothing.

If anyone has an idea of why this is happening or what I can do it would be welcomed.
    09-08-12 11:02 AM
    Try clearing your browser cache and then rebooting it if the problem persists. This always works for me when I have issues. Hope it works for you!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-08-12 12:05 PM
    Just posting to let you know my PB's browser is not having any of these problems. I love that when I do a long hold on a point on a webpage, it brings up a selection/copy/paste menu. Really useful quite often.

Occasionally, if I tap a smallish link on a page, and it doesn't respond, I just do a quick pinch-to-zoom and then tap my link. Works quite reliably. But trust me, I find most of my clicks & taps in the PB's native browser work on the first try. I will say it took me a little effort at first to "get" the feel of the touchscreen. But you get the hang of it quite quickly... if you "try".

I have noticed a few times people just keep tapping it over and over exactly the same way, often with a fingernail, and instead of trying a slightly different kind of touch, they just keep doing the same thing that's not working over and over. If I notice someone using the fingernail, I'll mention to them it doesn't work with fingernails.

But the pinch-to-zoom works really well.

Oh, and it is usually best to wait till the blue loading line has crossed the screen and disappeared before tapping, scrolling, entering data on the page, etc.
    09-08-12 01:20 PM
    If the above doesn't work, you can try sideloading "Air Browser" (the internet browser, not the file browser). Air was extracted from the BB10 Dev alpha and is essentially the same as the standard browser. See this thread- http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-737417/
    09-08-12 01:44 PM
    Hi... You might consider a soft tip stylus. Browse BlackBerry Stylus | CrackBerry Canada

I have the mini-keyboard as well so with one or the other I rarely touch the screen. (I found that when I was using my fingertips that I frequently had to clean the screen.)

Both the stylus and the keyboard touchpad cover all interactions. (Now I rarely touch the screen.)
    09-09-12 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD