I use my playbook to browse the internet and it never fails to crash and take my 4-5 open tabs down with it.

I know bb10 is coming but will there still be updates to pbos to fix this issue before bb10 drops? Or does anyone know of good native browsers that doesn't have this issue? (dolphin not counted)
    vipkyd likes this.
    05-06-13 03:07 AM
    Just call me in vid chat well discuss abt it

500F76EC
    05-06-13 03:39 AM
    One of the reasons I went and got a Nexus 7. Love my Playbook, but it was getting too much with the browser crashing too often. Perhaps if/when they bring BB10 OS to it it may get more stable in this department. Until then it will only get used every now and again for certain things, but not as my main tablet alas.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    vipkyd likes this.
    05-06-13 03:44 AM
    I can make mine crash if I use too many tabs or too many Web sites with tons of flash content. I imagine once RAM is used up it goes poof! I still like playbook better than Android even so.
    05-06-13 07:35 AM
    I was going to suggest FEWER TABS. While supposedly, the browser can open multiple tabs, obviously you have found a weakness. Whether it is the sheer number of tabs or what is running in those tabs might be the issue. It would be nice to open multiple tabs but if you keep getting the implosion, try with fewer tabs.

There are a few native browsers SimpleBrowser and its + version, Secure Browser and the new one, Fast Browser. I can't tell you that these would work better with your selection of multiple tabs.
    vipkyd likes this.
    05-06-13 08:44 AM
    I've had 3 tabs with a 300Mb download at 270Mb. Waited an hour on slow connection and... crash.

Source of the crash was me clicking on the ipad mini review on theverge.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    podes2204 likes this.
    05-06-13 01:09 PM
    I've had 3 tabs with a 300Mb download at 270Mb. Waited an hour on slow connection and... crash.

Source of the crash was me clicking on the ipad mini review on theverge.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    There have been specific sites that can crash the browser (was it Toronto or Ottawa or ?? that crashed it immediately). There is or was a list being compiled on the official BB site that would list these so that rim could potentially address them.
    05-06-13 02:37 PM
    Don't hold your breathe nothing will be fixed while its running the crap air browser.
    05-06-13 02:45 PM
    The Playbook browser makes me cringe with impatience. It is so laggy and desperately needs BB10 or just something!! I remember when I used to like it. That was almost 2 years ago and tech has changed to the point where playbook browser is extremely inferior, even though it was once IMO superior. BB10 browser trumps over it and many other mobile browsers.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by agp101; 05-06-13 at 06:18 PM.
    05-06-13 05:10 PM
    The browser has now become horrendous to use, and I'm hoping that BB10 will fix that...everything else runs well for my uses on it...media streaming, Bridge, file management, video, etc...
    05-06-13 05:37 PM
    05-06-13 05:52 PM
    Actually, I have that as well...much better than the stock browser, but I still think something as basic as a good browser should be native.
    05-06-13 06:04 PM
    I would suggest not having that many windows open at the same time
    05-06-13 06:09 PM
    I use my playbook to browse the internet and it never fails to crash and take my 4-5 open tabs down with it.

I know bb10 is coming but will there still be updates to pbos to fix this issue before bb10 drops? Or does anyone know of good native browsers that doesn't have this issue? (dolphin not counted)
    I honestly doubt that it will be fixed before BB10 is released. At least 2/3 of the resources are probably going to go into BB10 for the phone first and then 1/3 into BB10 for the PlayBook. I cannot imagine BlackBerry spending time and money on OS2 since BB10 will be taking the reins soon (mind you "soon" is a very subjective term, especially with BB's usage).

Just call me in vid chat well discuss abt it

500F76EC
    Did I miss something has this become a dating service? Her name got to ya?
    agp101 likes this.
    05-06-13 06:11 PM
    ^^ lol to the second quote. Also, I agree it won't get fixed. Playbook OS is dead. Absolutely no point continuing any development for it at this point.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:19 PM
    There is ZERO chance of them fixing or even looking at the Browser on the pb with the current OS.

Z E R O! ! !

edited to clarify
    Last edited by F2; 05-06-13 at 11:00 PM.
    05-06-13 08:24 PM
    I don't use the PB outside browsing but after I upgraded to the latest version (from some version I forgot which) the browser sucks. Websites don't render properly, lots of checker boxes, slow, crashing, etc. The PB browser used to be so much superior than my android phone or even the iPad, mainly because it was fast, accurate and can play flash.

Can someone suggest me the PB OS version that has the absolute best all around browser? Someone should make a thread with a poll which OS had the best browser (clearly not the latest one).

Thanks.
    05-06-13 08:37 PM
    I don't use the PB outside browsing but after I upgraded to the latest version (from some version I forgot which) the browser sucks. Websites don't render properly, lots of checker boxes, slow, crashing, etc. The PB browser used to be so much superior than my android phone or even the iPad, mainly because it was fast, accurate and can play flash.

Can someone suggest me the PB OS version that has the absolute best all around browser? Someone should make a thread with a poll which OS had the best browser (clearly not the latest one).

Thanks.
    It is not easy to try installing an older OS. You need special tools and a binary containing the version of the OS.
    05-06-13 11:02 PM
    Did I miss something has this become a dating service? Her name got to ya?
    HaHa. Given my limited (and purely for research purposes) experiences of chatrooms and suchlike, the balance of probability is that she is quite likley not sexy, maybe not a babe, and quite possably not even a she!!!
    (apologies to the OP if you are indeed any one or even all three of the above!! And please take this comment in the spirit it was intended)
    But my point is, is is probably VERY dangerous making any asumptions about someone based on their online name (eg my name isn't May, and I'm not actually a cat)
    05-08-13 03:33 AM
    Hopefully BlackBerry will update the browser soon

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-08-13 10:15 AM
    I thought I could downgrade with dinggleberry.

The stock broswer is horrible, I already disabled flash and it's so sloww. What's more it renders some big sites incorrectly.

Example eBay, try going to My Ebay. The images are all over the place. Funny thing is I tried "Simple Browser" and it renders it correctly. By the looks of it a single person made that, in his spare time. Unfortunately it looks that way as well but as long as I can see websites correctly...

Sheer incompetence of RIM err BB.

It is not easy to try installing an older OS. You need special tools and a binary containing the version of the OS.
    05-10-13 08:10 AM
    I thought I could downgrade with dinggleberry.
    Example eBay, try going to My Ebay. The images are all over the place.
    Strange, eBay looks fine on mine. Purchased a couple of items last night, and didn't notice anything amiss... Could be a bit quicker, I suppose, but not sure if that is my WiFi connection(?)
    05-10-13 08:14 AM

The stock browser is horrible, I already disabled flash and it's so slow. What's more it renders some big sites incorrectly.
    Short of doing a security wipe to get your browser back to normal, you might consider sideloading Air Browser (not the file browser), which someone extracted from the BB10 beta, I believe, and which is essentially the same as the stock browser. I've posted this before, but here's a vid of Air Browser running with both flash and java turned OFF. The only (small) downside is that once installed, Air Browser cannot be uninstalled.

05-10-13 10:34 PM