Hey folks!

Just dropping in to say my PB Browser is working fine, no more "Poofs!"
    I turned on "Private browsing" one day and forgot to turn it back off. It's been over a month and I haven't had any crashes in that time.

That is all
    Mr.Monty, edu3110 and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-16-12 06:09 PM
    cleveland!!!! Long time no see! Whooop Whoooop!! Glad there's no more poofing...
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    04-16-12 06:11 PM
    In before the lock, since this 5 star report is good news about the PlayBook. I haven't had a browser crash since November of last year...I'm still waiting.
    04-16-12 06:12 PM
    Cleveland, Thankyou. You fixed it. My CB site was all screwed up. I changed to Private Browsing and bingo!

Thanks again.
    04-16-12 06:46 PM
    That makes sense, if the private browsing really works it probably just stores cookies, and doesn't cache anything.
    04-16-12 06:52 PM
    Another positive thread without any negative things. Good for you on your browser success.
    04-16-12 06:58 PM
    This is not true... Since i got my pb I'm using private browsing it still crash , I think it depends on what site you went. (Like website that full with flash and images)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-12 06:58 PM
    Well my Browser has never crashed either since I owned this
    Gadget Dec 1st, but my friends PB
    does get some crashing . So I guess some people get lucky
    or its just a bug on some software loads.
    04-16-12 07:05 PM
    I'm obviously not doing something right because I'm still getting the poofs, poofs !!!! Still like the PB though.
    04-16-12 07:06 PM
    Hey folks!

Just dropping in to say my PB Browser is working fine, no more "Poofs!"
    I turned on "Private browsing" one day and forgot to turn it back off. It's been over a month and I haven't had any crashes in that time.

That is all
    Lucky you - want to trade tablets? On an average day mine crashes 3 times, in the last few days the pb decided to escalate the browser thing ; now the browser completely freezes and the only way to get it going again is to reboot.
    Love my pb.
    04-16-12 07:10 PM
    Regular cleansing of your cache works wonders. Maybe because I do it daily is why I never had a browser crash, and my kids haven't either on their PB's.
    04-16-12 08:24 PM
    At one point I cleared history, cache, local storage after every single browser session (I'm not even kidding lol). It would still crash. Now I just clear it once a day, and it almost always crashes when I clear the stuff. The browser crashes are still a mystery,. I assure you!
    04-16-12 10:52 PM
    I got my pb in beginning of March.

It had to do a long upgrade when I first turned it on.
    I had browser crashes deluxe. 3-4 times per day, easy.

Due to another account issue I had, RIM tech instructed me to reinstall the OS, using the desktop utility.

Since that clean sweep, the browser has barely crashed. I honestly think something got pooched when it did the first OS2 upgrade.
    04-16-12 11:46 PM
    Just set it on private and it crashed twice in the past 3 hrs while just surfing on crackberry and howard forums.
    04-17-12 03:15 AM
    My browser just crushed for the first time since I bought it last week.
    04-17-12 03:20 AM
    I get a crash once in maybe 2 or 3 weeks... Otherwise just smooth sailing all the time.. and you know wat.. Ive put the setting for 'Open last opened pages or whatever; upon browser start' so even if it does crash.. i just hit browser icon again and its like nothing ever happened..
    cleveland216 likes this.
    04-17-12 03:57 AM
    I've had 6 browser crashes today alone. I wish they'd just fix the browser already. :/

I swear there's a memory leak involved with the browser too. I had my browser on standby for 12 hours and when I came back and closed my browser (it scrolled really choppy and made me worried so I closed it to check the total RAM) it has only 91.1mb of RAM available of the 1gb. I restarted the Playbook and now it's 568mb of RAM available.

Overall, the browser just seems like a mess.
    04-17-12 04:01 AM
    This is not true... Since i got my pb I'm using private browsing it still crash , I think it depends on what site you went. (Like website that full with flash and images)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    So because this solution didn't work for you you accuse the OP of lying?
    04-17-12 04:19 AM
    I've had 6 browser crashes today alone. I wish they'd just fix the browser already. :/

I swear there's a memory leak involved with the browser too. I had my browser on standby for 12 hours and when I came back and closed my browser (it scrolled really choppy and made me worried so I closed it to check the total RAM) it has only 91.1mb of RAM available of the 1gb. I restarted the Playbook and now it's 568mb of RAM available.

6 since December, none in 2 1/2 weeks
    04-17-12 04:20 AM

I did a debrick about a month and a half ago and it it has almost eliminated my browser crashes. My browser would poof around 5 times a day and now it happens about once a week.
    04-17-12 06:11 AM

What sites were you on? Since closing my email after reading it instead of leaving it open I've 2 poofs in 3 weeks.
    04-17-12 06:55 AM
    Maybe I'm unlucky or doing something wrong but my browser seems to crash every half hour or so, or almost every time I open another app. Just happened a minute ago after opening the weather app, which brought me to write about it here. Pita!
    04-17-12 07:32 AM
    Maybe I'm unlucky or doing something wrong but my browser seems to crash every half hour or so, or almost every time I open another app. Just happened a minute ago after opening the weather app, which brought me to write about it here. Pita!
    Is your available memory (about>hardware) very low? A reboot may fix it if you have some rogue app sucking resources.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 04-17-12 at 07:46 AM.
    04-17-12 07:43 AM
    So because this solution didn't work for you you accuse the OP of lying?
    Where does the poster say OP is lying. He's simply saying OP's case about enabling "private browsing" appears to fix OP's crash issue is simply not true - for him.

What does "private browsing" do anyway?
    04-17-12 07:46 AM
    Is your available memory (about>hardware) very low? A reboot may fix it if you have some rogue app sucking resources.
    It is discussed often, but it seems the "available memory" isn't an issue. I usually have about 300MB free when these things occur.
    04-17-12 07:47 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD