What's the name of playbooks' browser please?

Is there a simple fast one that will cause no problems and still keep all the security features of the original playbook, websites, cookies etc?

Thanks.
    04-03-14 07:08 AM
    What's the name of playbooks' browser please?

Is there a simple fast one that will cause no problems and still keep all the security features of the original playbook, websites, cookies etc?

Thanks.
    PlayBook Browser is all I know it as.

Security Features... that's hard to really know. There are plenty of browsers out there, but who really knows how secure they are. I have three or four on my PlayBook, but I can't remember the last time any of them were updated. Without regular updates, you have to wonder if security might be an issue.

But as the PlayBook OS is totally different from other OS Platform and is almost unknown, not sure too make "hacks" would work on it.
    04-03-14 08:52 AM
    You can try Origami Browser, available in BlackBerryWorld for free. The ad blocking will help with some problematic web sites.

Keep in mind that Origami Browser and other third party still use the same Webkit browser that the stock browser uses, so there will be no miraculous changes in performance, jut some fine tuning of the interface and the ability to block ads.

As far as security goes, if in doubt use the stock PlayBook browser, as we have no idea how well BlackBerry checks third party browsers that are posted to BlackBerryWorld. I assume all these free browsers are funding the developer by hitting the Google ad servers in the background and who knows what they may be sending.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and anon(5597702) like this.
    04-03-14 08:53 AM