Hello,

Need some help!
    My playbook is connected to my Pearl 9105 over Bluetooth (not WIFI).
    My Pearl can access to the outlook web interface on the exchange server AFTER asking me for my user account information. (a little bit small screen, but it works fine).

When I try access to this web Page with my bridge browser on the playbook, I get an error message "authorisation refused" ... for sure because there was no prompt where I can enter my access data.

Somebody can help ?

Additional information: we have a BES 4.1

I have an other strange effect: when I access to our Intranet, my playbook let me enter the connection data (on the "logon page"), but by validating the informations, he displays every time the same "logon page" (without telling me I entered wrong information!)
    07-06-11 04:30 AM
    i guess we still have some issues with the browser, i also had a similar problem when i try to log on to my bank bank account ,either from normal wifi browser or bridge browser. so i think we'll have to wait for the updates to fix those bugs .
    RDA67 likes this.
    07-06-11 04:41 AM
    It's been a long time since I've seen BES 4.1, but check to see if the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service is running on the BES. Per the service description: Provides secure access to online content and applications on the corporate intranet or Internet through the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If it is give it a restart and see what happens.
    RDA67 likes this.
    07-06-11 07:47 AM
    i guess we still have some issues with the browser, i also had a similar problem when i try to log on to my bank bank account ,either from normal wifi browser or bridge browser. so i think we'll have to wait for the updates to fix those bugs .
    I will try to connect my Playbook by WIFI directly in our network, so I can check if I will have the same problem with the "normal" browser ... have to find a WIFI router ... not so easy as that.

Tanks
    RD
    07-06-11 08:07 AM
    It's been a long time since I've seen BES 4.1, but check to see if the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service is running on the BES. Per the service description: Provides secure access to online content and applications on the corporate intranet or Internet through the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. If it is give it a restart and see what happens.
    I will check this.
    The main question remaining is: why it works on my BB Pearl (and not on the PB)
    Thanks again
    RD
    07-06-11 08:10 AM
    I will check this.
    The main question remaining is: why it works on my BB Pearl (and not on the PB)
    Thanks again
    RD
    07-06-11 08:37 AM
    I will try to connect my Playbook by WIFI directly in our network, so I can check if I will have the same problem with the "normal" browser ... have to find a WIFI router ... not so easy as that.

Tanks
    RD
    as far as i know ,it's the same browser application we get over wifi and through the bridge , so it it's anything to do with the browser it will be there on wifi as well.
    my bank account login works perfectly on my phone's browser , but on PB , when i enter log in details it just comes back to log in page without any error messages . may be something to do with encryption method used, not sure abt it though.
    RDA67 likes this.
    07-07-11 05:39 PM
    Are you unable to setup access directly through the exchange sever to get emails on your phone without going via browser? You should be able to via either BES or BIS as OWA authentication should be doable either way... that way, you can avoid using the browser and simply use the phones native email system through bridge...
    RDA67 likes this.
    07-08-11 12:41 AM
    On BES, the Bridge Browser will access the web through your internal network. When using the WIFI browser on PB (outside of your company network), it accesses it through the web you're connected to. The Pearl's browser can go through your carrier's network or your BES network depending on which browser you are using, Mobile or BB. If DNS is not set up correctly, the address you use outside of your network to access OWA may not work inside. Check with your IT dept.
    RDA67 likes this.
    07-08-11 01:52 AM
    Tanks for the info
    -> So I won't continue to build a WIFI connection, because I will have the same issue!
    07-08-11 10:43 AM
    When I'm inside our network, I use the email server name instead of the owa URL.
    07-08-11 10:47 AM
    The bridge E-Mail works, but the goal is to have the owa interface, because there are more functionalities.
    07-08-11 10:49 AM
    The problem seams to be that the bridge browser cannot display the "login pop-up", so the servers brings the error message "access denied" => the browser find the mail server, but he cannot give you the chance to provide the login data.

It's quite the same stuff as in reply #7 by BBIsTheBest -> I have the same problem on our Intranet, (build with Plone, by the way)
    07-08-11 11:01 AM
    I use PB browser all the time for two different work emails via OWA.
    I have never had any problems.

I wonder why you are using Bridge browser for OWA? Is it because you are tethering your BB connection?
    My thought is it may not work.

I have tried to access OWA using BB 9700 and it never worked. even when I was in corporate wi-fi area and connected.

I understand that you are tethering BB connection and trying to access OWA, but my guess is unless you OWA work on BB, it will not work on PB (via bridge)..
    07-08-11 12:11 PM
    Hmmm... true, the OWA interface is alot more useful as you have access to other folders, etc... I've logged into OWA quite a few times via bridge browser, my phone's browser, and the normal wifi browser on the playbook... I periodically have issues with the bridge browser requiring me to reauthenticate but overall its worked without too many problems. Maybe it has to do with the version of OWA the site is using?
    07-08-11 05:07 PM
    Hmmm... true, the OWA interface is alot more useful as you have access to other folders, etc... I've logged into OWA quite a few times via bridge browser, my phone's browser, and the normal wifi browser on the playbook... I periodically have issues with the bridge browser requiring me to reauthenticate but overall its worked without too many problems. Maybe it has to do with the version of OWA the site is using?
    Thanks for this information.
    The good news: it works for you => should work for everybody
    The bad one: still not for me ...
    07-11-11 05:27 AM
    Thanks for the info.
    The good news: it works for you, so it should works for everybody.
    The bad one: still not working for me
    07-11-11 10:42 AM
    Hello,

Need some help!
    My playbook is connected to my Pearl 9105 over Bluetooth (not WIFI).
    My Pearl can access to the outlook web interface on the exchange server AFTER asking me for my user account information. (a little bit small screen, but it works fine).

When I try access to this web Page with my bridge browser on the playbook, I get an error message "authorisation refused" ... for sure because there was no prompt where I can enter my access data.

Somebody can help ?

Additional information: we have a BES 4.1

I have an other strange effect: when I access to our Intranet, my playbook let me enter the connection data (on the "logon page"), but by validating the informations, he displays every time the same "logon page" (without telling me I entered wrong information!)
    If tethering is free for you, try doing that instead of the bridge.
    -If not, maybe clearing the cache and all that garbage will help?
    -Try doing a hard reset on the playbook. (hold down all top buttons)
    -Reset the pearl?
    -Or try another bb phone just to test if possible or just over wifi with the playbook. Does it work?
    -Make sure private browsing is not on, maybe it has a conflict.

I log into my online exchange thingy with my playbook and it works fine. Not sure what BES we have....

Hope it works out!
    07-11-11 10:51 AM
    If tethering is free for you, try doing that instead of the bridge.
    -If not, maybe clearing the cache and all that garbage will help?
    -Try doing a hard reset on the playbook. (hold down all top buttons)
    -Reset the pearl?
    -Or try another bb phone just to test if possible or just over wifi with the playbook. Does it work?
    -Make sure private browsing is not on, maybe it has a conflict.

I log into my online exchange thingy with my playbook and it works fine. Not sure what BES we have....

Hope it works out!
    Thanks for the info

I will try all this, maybe it helps ...
    07-12-11 02:41 AM
    Hurray, it works

The solution was:

on BES side, the MDS connector (edit properties) -> HTTP -> Option TRUE for the properties "Support HTTP authetication" and "Support HTTP cookie storage"

When prompting for login on the playbook, don't forgett to add the domain name in front of the user-id (separate with a "\"). It was currious: just one time the programm prompt a popup with the option to write the domain name in a separate fiel !?!

Also: it's perhaps a good idea to erase all caches ...

Nevertheless, I still have the issue with the intranet login. I think I will open a new threat.
    07-14-11 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD