hi i just bought the playbook and have been playing with it and had a question about the browser.
    while browsing through a website, say you scroll down half way, is there a way to jump back to the top without scrolling?
    also, say you make a typo while typing, is there an accurate way to move the cursor to the correct spot without guessing?

thanks!
    06-25-11 05:05 AM
    The answer to both questions seems to be no. Maybe or maybe not that will change in time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 05:37 AM
    In some instances you can pinch/zoom the area where you are typing so that it is easier but not necessarily perfect for placing the cursor. Unfortunately, you canNOT pinch/zoom the darn address bar so fixing a typo in a url/address can be a pain.

And the darn browser does not have any shortcuts for top/bottom of page, going to your homepage, and there is no way to search the current page.
    06-25-11 08:36 AM
    thanks for the reply!
    its too bad that playbook doesnt have those features
    i hope blackberry can implement those in future updates!!
    it was pretty frustrating trying to correct an error in the middle of a sentence lol.... and scrolling to the top manually... o well
    06-25-11 12:14 PM
    I hope in time they bring a pointer like the one in word-to-go....
    06-25-11 12:24 PM
    Seriously how hard would it be for the browser to have a "top of page" shortcut, please tell me it's fixed in 2.1!
    06-18-12 12:12 PM
    Mine has a blue pointer to move to select.
    06-18-12 12:55 PM
    Mine has a blue pointer to move to select.
    Exactly! You can also easily edit the address bar as well using the blue pointer.
    06-18-12 01:05 PM
    Exactly! You can also easily edit the address bar as well using the blue pointer.
    Yeah, was gonna say I always use this blue pointer. It's a little tricky sometimes, but comes in very handy.

Edit: Whoops! Didn't realize the OP was from last year! Guess the original response was about scrolling. I haven't been to any long web pages, so it hasn't bothered me any.
    Last edited by nomloj; 06-18-12 at 01:10 PM.
    06-18-12 01:07 PM
    No no no, not the blue pointer, that's fine. For example, you're reading this but now you would like to go back to the top of the page, how would you do that apart from scrollscrollscroll?
    06-18-12 01:39 PM
    No no no, not the blue pointer, that's fine. For example, you're reading this but now you would like to go back to the top of the page, how would you do that apart from scrollscrollscroll?
    In Dolphin Browser, there's a gesture for that.
    06-18-12 02:07 PM
    Does it support flash?
    06-18-12 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD