I just signed up to ask this quick question,

I got a BlackBerry PlayBook for Christmas 2 days ago and I was using it all fine on Christas day (Froze a few times tho!). Later that night I went to bed and left it on the side in its sleeve it comes with. I woke up and my little cousin came running in and knocked it off - I turned it on and it all came on ok but the touch wasnt working, it went off on its own. I tried turning it back on but nothing happens.

She shouldn't of knocked it, but surly with it being in its case it comes with and dropping from a very low hight it shouldn't break after one drop? It still has it's screen protector and everything on - I got it from a company on Amazon, if I contact them would they be able to give me a new one considering it's broke after a tiny little thing or will they not be able to?

Thanks for your help and sorry about all the writing!
    12-26-11 09:23 PM
    would it be possible that it just needs to be charged up? Charge until the lightening bolt is gone and the battery icon is all green.
    12-26-11 09:29 PM
    The playbook is tough. I would doubt one little fall would render it useless. I suggest you plug it in to make sure it has power and perform a hard reset as shown at this link:

How To Perform a Hard Reset on the BlackBerry PlayBook - BerryReview
    12-26-11 09:29 PM
    Try a reboot, maybe it is just a minor blip.

To REBOOT: Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shoot and probably missed the PowerButton.

If it shows no blemishes, you might be able to call rim and see.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    12-26-11 09:30 PM
    i dont know but did you restart the playbook?
    are you absolutely sure it is broken?

you could do a hardrestart ( press the power button, down and up buttons together until it looks like the playbook turns off and it will restart)

did you connect it to your computer?

try resetting to factory settings if nothing else works.

if it is hardware damage, then it depends on the company's return policy and if you got a warranty.

sorry i got nothing else.

EDIT: i failed, i was typing while 3 others answered lol

ALSO it has been suggested to charge, very good idea
    12-26-11 09:32 PM
    is there a chance it needs a charge? might be a dumb question but I to dont think a short fall should render that much damage! i ran the bedbuzz app the first night, woke up to a "dead" pb only to realize it died do to that app running the battery down as far as getting the pb replaced if it is damaged from thr fall, unlikely the company would replace it. hope its just a charge
    12-26-11 09:33 PM
    Thanks for all your help guys! I have charged it all day and nothing has happened, I'm gonna try a hard reset like you all said - tanks for that too.

Also, when we rang amazon the woman even sounded chocked when I said that it was one drop.

I will get back to you if the hard reset works!!
    12-26-11 09:37 PM
    Everything has come back on now and fully working! Thanks all for your help, saves all those phone calls to several companies =]
    ralfyguy likes this.
    12-26-11 09:44 PM
    Please let us know how you make out!

EDIT: EXCELLENT!!!!!! Glad to hear it! The PB is pretty durable, BUT try not to drop it again!
    12-26-11 09:46 PM
    Everything has come back on now and fully working! Thanks all for your help, saves all those phone calls to several companies =]
    Well done!!! Now you can play and have fun ... And get a case that will protect it in the future... OtterBox is great!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-26-11 at 10:04 PM.
    12-26-11 09:50 PM
    Im going to have a look on Amazon later on for a good case, its half 3 and i need sleep
    12-26-11 10:35 PM
    it can't be broken into pieces.only glass can be shattered.
    12-26-11 10:52 PM
    12-26-11 11:09 PM

12-27-11 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD