Sorry if this has been answered before.

I hadn't used my Playbook for a while and started playing with it again when I got the Z30 on the weekend. As soon as I turned on the Playbook there was an update notice so I upgraded to 2.1.0.1753.

What I remember from Playbook before is that when I bridged to my Blackberry was that when I went into the "Blackberry Bridge" on the Playbook my address book and set-up email accounts from my Blackberry would appear on the Playbook and disappear when I disconnected the bridge.

Now when I go into Blackberry Bridge all I see is a Readme and BBM.

When did this change and is there a way to get my Z30 address book and email accounts to appear under Bridge? Is this a BB10 to Playbook 2.x issue?
    10-22-13 07:11 PM

I hadn't used my Playbook for a while and started playing with it again when I got the Z30 on the weekend. As soon as I turned on the Playbook there was an update notice so I upgraded to 2.1.0.1753.

What I remember from Playbook before is that when I bridged to my Blackberry was that when I went into the "Blackberry Bridge" on the Playbook my address book and set-up email accounts from my Blackberry would appear on the Playbook and disappear when I disconnected the bridge.

When did this change and is there a way to get my Z30 address book and email accounts to appear under Bridge? Is this a BB10 to Playbook 2.x issue?
    With BB OS10 you lost the cool Bridge features we used to enjoy with the older OS. You can use BBM only in Bridge on PB now. Before it was nothing with OS10 when it first launched. Yes there was a surprise update for PB. I think it mainly updated Adobe and Flash but not Android runtime.
    10-22-13 07:58 PM
    Yeah, it is a BB10 thing. We get BBM and browser but no email, text, etc as with BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:59 PM

BlackBerry crippled the Bridge when they came out with BB10 and now you will not get email, tasks, memo pad, contacts, texting and calendar.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-22-13 08:03 PM
    I was surprised to find this out too when I got my new Q10. I was expecting even more compatibility not less or actually none.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff, FF22 and qwerty4ever like this.
    10-22-13 09:49 PM
    this may keep me from getting one,,, also they should've given it /ac wifi...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-28-13 02:21 AM
    this may keep me from getting one,,, also they should've given it /ac wifi...
    Thre "Hobbled Bridge" is the only thing keeping me from upgrading from my 9850..........

Sigh........

c
    SEAWARRIOR, FF22 and AWB70 like this.
    10-29-13 09:02 AM
    Thre "Hobbled Bridge" is the only thing keeping me from upgrading from my 9850..........

Sigh........

c
    That bridge ain't hobbled, it's been burnt to a cinder.
    10-29-13 09:12 AM
    That bridge ain't hobbled, it's been burnt to a cinder.
    Emolation.......

c
    10-29-13 09:20 AM

Sigh........

c
    I was like that too and held off because of it, but I got over it. BB10 is, at least for me, so far beyond BBOS that while the Playbook seemed like a necessity back then because of how crippled BBOS is, it now mainly serves as a larger screen to read my documents on or flip through BBC/Flipboard with. You won't miss the bridge features - BB10 does them better.

Email and calendar should already be connected (unless it's a corporate BB10 device you're upgrading to) to the PB, so no use for that. I never used it before. Memopad and Tasks can be replaced by the dearth of great notepad apps out there (Evernote for example). BBM is now on the PB. The other functions of "Open on Playbook", internet sharing, file sharing and remote control are still there. All that's really missing is SMS messaging and call notifications, which, while handy, are hardly deal breakers.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-29-13 03:23 PM
    I was like that too and held off because of it, but I got over it. BB10 is, at least for me, so far beyond BBOS that while the Playbook seemed like a necessity back then because of how crippled BBOS is, it now mainly serves as a larger screen to read my documents on or flip through BBC/Flipboard with. You won't miss the bridge features - BB10 does them better.

Email and calendar should already be connected (unless it's a corporate BB10 device you're upgrading to) to the PB, so no use for that. I never used it before. Memopad and Tasks can be replaced by the dearth of great notepad apps out there (Evernote for example). BBM is now on the PB. The other functions of "Open on Playbook", internet sharing, file sharing and remote control are still there. All that's really missing is SMS messaging and call notifications, which, while handy, are hardly deal breakers.
    you'll find that while that setup works for you, there are many diehards, myself included, that want it all w/ regards to our pb's,,, like Carl, i'm glued to my 9850/playbook combo,,, you just can't beat 2 touchscreens communicating they way they do,,, if i'm not mistaken the 9850/60 & 9810 are the only fully bridged BB touchscreens,,, to this day the 9850 specs are still comparable to what's out there, (1.2 ghz processor, 770RAM, 3.7 screen, kicks azz on wifi, etc.), even after 2+ yrs, same w/ the pb,,, all it needs is a good solid os refresh,,, this is a sweet combo that's tough to give up & i think the people stuck on it know just how good they've got it,,, ,,, does the playbook still have 3g internet access via BB10???
    10-29-13 05:25 PM
    I hear ya, Sea Warrior. I had the 9850 and you're right, what a sweet combo with the PlayBook. Still I'm with svelt on this: BB10 on the Z10 & Z30 is so sweet, losing the ability to read my phone's text messages on my PB is not such a great loss.

BTW, my son has my old 9850 and he loves it. I think I'll give him my Z10 as soon as I get the Z30!!!

You asked "does the playbook still have 3g internet access via BB10?"

My PB can share the internet access from Z10 over the Bridge. Of course the speed of the Bridge connection is limited by the capacity of Bluetooth. I get between 1 & 2 mbps on my PB when bridged to my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 10-30-13 at 11:16 AM.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-30-13 09:52 AM
    I hear ya, Sea Warrior. I had the 9850 and you're right, what a sweet combo with the PlayBook. Still I'm with svelt on this: BB10 on the Z10 & Z30 is so sweet, losing the ability to read my phone's text messages on my PB is not such a great loss.

BTW, my son has my old 9850 and he loves it. I think I'll give him my Z10 as soon as I get the Z30!!!

You asked "does the playbook still have 3g internet access via BB10?"

My PB can share the internet access from Z10 over the Bridge. Of course the speed of the Bridge connection is limited by the capacity of Bluetooth. I get between 1 & 2 mbps on my PB when bridged to my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 smartphones support Hotspot mode which provides a faster data connection from the BlackBerry PlayBook for web browsing and streaming audio/video. I don't know whether BlackBerry Messenger on the tablet works over a data connection other than BlackBerry Bridge (Bluetooth).
    10-31-13 05:51 PM
    BlackBerry 10 smartphones support Hotspot mode which provides a faster data connection from the BlackBerry PlayBook for web browsing and streaming audio/video. I don't know whether BlackBerry Messenger on the tablet works over a data connection other than BlackBerry Bridge (Bluetooth).
    Is it possible to bridge and use the hotspot mode at the same time?
    10-31-13 06:54 PM
    Is it possible to bridge and use the hotspot mode at the same time?
    As I understand it, the PB gets it's Internet connection either over Wifi or via the Bridge (which uses Bluetooth). The wifi could of course come from any device capable of generating a wifi network, including a hotspot generated by a phone.

Later today I'll see if I can set it up like that a get a speed test result to post here.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:52 AM