got my pb on launch day andhad issues with bridge.

many hours of tech support later (which was not a bad experience really) and it turns out my issues with bridge only occur after enterprise activation with the bes at work. bridge works for personal stuff fine after a factory restore, but fails as soon as the enterprise activation completes.

rim has a kb article here:KB26294-How to import IT policy rule definitions for PlayBook

apparently, the bes must have the playbook stuff defined or bridge just won't work.

anyone else have this problem?
    04-23-11 07:20 PM
    I haven't added the policies to our BES and I'm able to bridge
    04-23-11 08:08 PM
    oddboy - is it possible your IT dept has the policy's installed and are disabling bridge already? Looks like that article was available more than a week before launch.
    04-23-11 08:17 PM
    Do you have a policy defined/applied?

My company enforce password to be on, timeout and password length, but nothing else.

Rim tells me that's what's giving me grief - that since a policy is applied, you have to explicitly allow bridge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 08:19 PM
    I'm quite tight with the IT team and I can say they're not explicitly denying it.. They do force a password, but that's it... And rim says that's enough..

04-23-11 08:21 PM
    Do you have a policy defined/applied?

My company enforce password to be on, timeout and password length, but nothing else.

Rim tells me that's what's giving me grief - that since a policy is applied, you have to explicitly allow bridge.

According to that KB, it defaults to Yes and the Playbook policy would have to changed to block it.
    04-23-11 08:42 PM
    I read that too.

They have not imported the playbook definitions yet.

Wonder what happens when the defs are not imported.

04-23-11 08:45 PM
    Like I said, I have not imported them to our BES yet and I can bridge. I had problems at first with the bridge telling me the password was incorrect but not prompting for one. I removed the password from my BB and was able to bridge. My pword was not required by policy. I hate to mess things up while they're working, but I'll see if I can work the pword back on now...
    04-23-11 08:54 PM
    Sounds similar to the issue I'm having.

Password is enforced by IT policy (so I can't disable it) and bridge won't let me connect playbook and blackberry.

I'll see if they'll disable the password policy for me as a test and see if I can bridge after that.

RIM said the failures were caused by the policy being applied and not having the pb defs imported.

04-23-11 08:57 PM
    Also, if you IT policy blocks Bluetooth Data
    Connections, the. BB bridge will also most likely to fail.

01-07-12 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD