Hello! I am new to the crackberry community but i have read some posts here and there for some time.

So the other day i got a used PlayBook with OS 1.0.7.3312 and wanted to try out the blackberry bridge feature. I downloaded the current version of bridge (v.2.1.0.31) on app world on my blackberry curve 9300. I got to sync it with bridge quickly and i could open the Bridge Files icon and successfully open, edit and save a .doc file to the blackberry.

But when i tried to open the other functions (Messages, Contacts, Calendar, BBM, MemoPad, Tasks) they all open and show the blackberry logo for about 30 seconds and then they just close. Also, I can get BBM message notifications on the top left corner, but as I mentioned before, if I try to open the BBM it crashes within 30secs. I tried to solve the problem by updating my BlackBerry's BBM (v.7.0.1.23) but nothing changed.

What did i do wrong? How can i fix this? If it can be solved with upgrading, is 2.1.0.1526 worth it or should i upgrade to another version?(just in case that version has more security and i cant use sideloaded apps and stuff)

Please help, I don't know what to do and I can't find similar posts

EDIT: The title should be "Playbook bridge with curve 9300 crashes apps" but i don't know how to change the title so
    04-05-13 11:55 AM
    I really don't recall what issues there were or were not with that PB OS version.

There really are not critical issues with the most current OS although, there are some folks who claim it caused issues of one kind or another. I found no problems and most others also find it fine.

So, I suggest that you upgrade. As far as other versions, they are hard to find and hard to load as you need specialized tools.

The only thing I don't recall is if the version you have still might allow ROOTING. But most folks don't do that. (there's a subforum on that subject so you could check there).

Again, I don't recall, but the difference between OS 1.x and 2.x is quite good. Just make sure you have a good charge before you start and leave it plugged in while upgrading.
    ShingekiNoEren likes this.
    04-05-13 03:31 PM
    Bridge no issues with my bold 9000 when I tried this a week or so ago, can do evertyhing.

Maybe it's the PB OS you have, maybe reinstall OS from scratch.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-05-13 03:43 PM
    I m running v2.1.0.1526 on my PlayBook and v2.1.0.34 on my 9930 with no problems at all. I'm using my Bridge everyday all day long.
    04-06-13 06:23 PM
    I suggest that you upgrade. The difference between OS 1.x and 2.x is quite good.
    Will I be able to sideload stuff like Dead Space, Quake 3 and the Nintendo 64 emulator?

I'm sort of dubious about upgrading, unless i can downgrade from the newest OS the same way i can upgrade to other versions with the specialized tools?

Also when i tried to download the newer OS from the PB a couple of times, it said the download was interrupted and i needed to restart. But maybe that's just my wifi connection, I'll try in some other places and i'll report back if it worked.
    04-08-13 11:53 AM
    Just upgraded today and the bridge apps worked like a charm. Thanks you guys.
    dphjeff and FF22 like this.
    04-09-13 09:26 PM