OK I did search, apologies if I missed this elsewhere, but here goes -
    PB functioning as normal. Battery fully charged. Did a restart, it shuts off, then nothing! does not restart. Pressing power button, no go. Plugging on and off charger, no go. Plugging into DM, no go. Pressing both volume buttons, no go. Whaaa?
    Is there a way to do an old fashioned BB battery pull on these things?
    Out of warranty btw, but functioning just fine until this strange occurrence.
    09-27-12 07:52 AM
    You can do a battery "pull" by removing the back of the case and disconnecting the two battery screws. I am about at my whit's end with my PB, but the "battery pull" got me a step closer to having a functioning device.
    09-27-12 08:26 AM
    try reading this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...84/index2.html

and here is the video about taking the back off. Once the back is off you only have to unscrew the two tiny Philips head screws that attach the battery, you do NOT have to start disconnecting every wire first, as the video shows.
    09-27-12 08:32 AM
    OK will give that a go. What is this "case opener tool" they are using? Will a small regular screwdriver make do?
    Thanks for the links. Those didn't come up with Search, I did try. Anyway there was a post about holding down the power button for 15 sec, release, try to power up- and that worked. Darned if I know where this glitch came from, the unit has worked fine otherwise since day one. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by it mind you but for what it is it's been ok. Heaven knows what OS 2.1 will do to it!
    Last edited by pastorbrad; 09-27-12 at 09:20 AM.
    09-27-12 08:58 AM
    While I would not get my hopes up, Rim has on occasion, fixed pb's out of warranty.

There are plastic pry tools that do not leave marks on cases. But if you don't mind of marring, you can use anything to open the case. I once used a plastic Citrus peeler which had the strength to be used as a pry bar!
    09-27-12 10:40 AM
    OK will give that a go. What is this "case opener tool" they are using? Will a small regular screwdriver make do?
    Thanks for the links. Those didn't come up with Search, I did try. Anyway there was a post about holding down the power button for 15 sec, release, try to power up- and that worked. Darned if I know where this glitch came from, the unit has worked fine otherwise since day one. I'm thoroughly underwhelmed by it mind you but for what it is it's been ok. Heaven knows what OS 2.1 will do to it!
    There is a button for that...
    09-27-12 03:28 PM
    Just had this happen to me as well. Running BlackBerry Desktop Software (and updating it) and then plugging in the PlayBook got it to boot up for me. One more thing to try if you haven't!
    10-31-12 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD