I am hoping someone can help me. I had not used my playbook for quite sometime. I went to use it earlier today and nothing - figured it needed to be charged up. Plugged it into my computer to charge up and it informed me that it could not sync. Went through the process and it asked me my password. I went through the list of passwords that I thought it could have been. needless to say I feel like an ***** went through the 10 attempts. (now I have found my password). I have gone through the hard reboot by pressing the three buttons on top - downloaded the newest OS but it freezes. It comes up saying that I should enter the password - yet does not allow me to. Uugh please help - I am already upset with myself for being an ***** for forgetting my password.

Is my playbook dead now - or is there any hope.

Thank you
    Ron
    12-24-12 12:38 AM
    Here's something to try. Make sure it is turned off completely (the screen needs to be dark, not gray). Then start the Desktop manager on your computer. Plug the PlayBook in. You should see a prompt on your computer to upgrade your PlayBook or something like that. Install update and follow instructions. See if that works. Good luck.
    kware84 and DC506 like this.
    12-24-12 04:05 AM
    The PB won't charge from your computer. It needs to be plugged into the wall with the BB wall charger. You might want to check out the Tips & Tricks sticky at the top of the page.
    12-24-12 11:43 AM
    Already went through this and that is where I messed up my password stuff - it goes through full install then will not allow entrance to the PB without the password, however does not prompt me for the password anywhere. Getting very frustrated.

Here's something to try. Make sure it is turned off completely (the screen needs to be dark, not gray). Then start the Desktop manager on your computer. Plug the PlayBook in. You should see a prompt on your computer to upgrade your PlayBook or something like that. Install update and follow instructions. See if that works. Good luck.
    12-24-12 02:44 PM
    True - the PB is fully charged through wall socket - thanks

The PB won't charge from your computer. It needs to be plugged into the wall with the BB wall charger. You might want to check out the Tips & Tricks sticky at the top of the page.
    12-24-12 02:44 PM
    You might call rim

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    12-24-12 04:04 PM