i read that original playbook bluetooth version is 2.1. does playbook 4g lte have a upgraded version, 3.1? i go to the blackberry website and it says that BOTH wifi version and 4g lte versions have 3.1. can someone confirm that WIFI version has 3.1 or 2.1? i find conflicting data online. i am deciding if i should buy a WIFI or wait for a 4G LTE.
    08-29-13 12:23 PM
    i read that original playbook bluetooth version is 2.1. does playbook 4g lte have a upgraded version, 3.1? i go to the blackberry website and it says that BOTH wifi version and 4g lte versions have 3.1. can someone confirm that WIFI version has 3.1 or 2.1? i find conflicting data online. i am deciding if i should buy a WIFI or wait for a 4G LTE.
    I "might" be wrong on this, but I believe that it was one of the 3 updates that moved it up to 3.1. All PB's. should be at 3.1

Depends on if you want to pay for another data plan for the 4G LTE unit. That is a BIG issue......

I have 2 64 GB WIFI units, and I bridge out thru my Torch 9850 and NO charges from cell carrier (VZW), provide you use the right version of Bridge.

Some carriers will charge you once they see you have Bridged thru your phone (if BB phone). You should go to RRoyy.com to find the version of Bridge for your phone so you can bridge without fear (or fees)!

c
    08-29-13 01:21 PM
    i see, so software for the bluetooth was upgraded to 3.1. i have sprint sero plan with unlimited everything + blackberry bis. i want the 4g lte version for the faster processor speed only. i probably will not want service on it but i will be bridging it. can i do this with the 4g version or do i have to have service on it? i was thinking i can just turn off the 4g lte.
    08-29-13 04:33 PM
    I am not sure that there is any Option to show the actual version. Happy if someone could prove me wrong.
    08-29-13 05:24 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't OS updates for the LTE Playbook controlled by the carriers? So no carrier might mean no OS update so you very likely won't get an LTE PB with the latest OS and may not be able to know which BT version you're getting.
    08-29-13 06:16 PM
    08-29-13 07:14 PM