I have 10 BlackBerry Playbooks... been replacing the usb mini plugs in them, pretty simple thing
    to do, and they can be found on e bay for a buck or two... waiting for the shipping vs buying them
    locally for twice the price is the only concern... Buy em up on e bay guys... with the usb connection
    solder joints loosened on the mother board they can not be charged in that fashion.. which doesn't
    bother us since the magnetic 3 pin quick charge connector functions fully. The charging dock is
    also a fully functional charger... using the 3 pin connection...
    So I have 15 playbooks... ( 5 more heading my way as we speak ) did the complete dis assembly
    thing, which was soooo simple, replacing one diffuser below the top screen that was shattered... Switched
    a few things with a bad unit... piece of cake... something to note being that when disconnecting the
    connections on the motherboard... it seems the batteries discharge, completely. Making you think
    at first you my have messed up in the re assembly... not true... just needs re charging..
    Seems the motherboards contain the SSD drive... with that being said... pulling the motherboard out
    it can be swapped out without having to completely dis assemble everything to change a shattered
    diffuser if you have a broken replacement.
    The mother boards contain 16/32 or the 64 GB SSD's... which is the point of this post... am
    struggling to install my Bluetooth Plantoronics 903+ headsets.... I'm not caring about the microphone
    just wanting to use the wireless headset... which does not install in the 16 or 32 bit playbooks due
    to the OS Version 1.0.1.1534. It... no... THEY refuse to update to any other form of op system
    install... Not the 2.0.xxxx or the 2.1.xxx Am working on that... any advice... please step up... I have a 64 bit
    that has the 2.1.xxx and the Bluetooth pairs and installs flawlessly... Looking at the Hardware tab
    in the Playbooks of the 32 VS the 64 gb there is 6 GB of data used in the op system install on either
    version... No difference in the cases when the motherboards are removed... so it is all in the
    motherboard... The increase in upgrade programming and SSD in the 2.1.0.1753 max is about 5 BB
    between the 2 units...
    64 GB clean unit... Free storage 54.3 GB ( with 7.9 GB used in op sys install )
    32 GB clean unit.... Free storage 26.7 GB ( with 5.3 GB used in op sys install )

I am also noticing the Adobe Flash will not upgrade to a higher version in the 32 bit as in the 64 bit
    either... I am going to try to upgrade to the 2.0xxx or 2.1.xxx through a computer if possible
    but want to know if anyone has had success in installing the 2.xxxxxx anything, in a 32 GB
    Playbook...
    I used the 64 GB playbook this evening... the Bluetooth worked flawlessly... it says :
    SERVICES
    A2DP
    Audio/video remote control

In the 32 GB playbooks it says No Services available...
    03-10-14 07:50 AM
    I have 10 BlackBerry Playbooks... been replacing the usb mini plugs in them, pretty simple thing
    to do, and they can be found on e bay for a buck or two... waiting for the shipping vs buying them
    locally for twice the price is the only concern... Buy em up on e bay guys... with the usb connection
    solder joints loosened on the mother board they can not be charged in that fashion.. which doesn't
    bother us since the magnetic 3 pin quick charge connector functions fully. The charging dock is
    also a fully functional charger... using the 3 pin connection...
    So I have 15 playbooks... ( 5 more heading my way as we speak ) did the complete dis assembly
    thing, which was soooo simple, replacing one diffuser below the top screen that was shattered... Switched
    a few things with a bad unit... piece of cake... something to note being that when disconnecting the
    connections on the motherboard... it seems the batteries discharge, completely. Making you think
    at first you my have messed up in the re assembly... not true... just needs re charging..
    Seems the motherboards contain the SSD drive... with that being said... pulling the motherboard out
    it can be swapped out without having to completely dis assemble everything to change a shattered
    diffuser if you have a broken replacement.
    The mother boards contain 16/32 or the 64 GB SSD's... which is the point of this post... am
    struggling to install my Bluetooth Plantoronics 903+ headsets.... I'm not caring about the microphone
    just wanting to use the wireless headset... which does not install in the 16 or 32 bit playbooks due
    to the OS Version 1.0.1.1534. It... no... THEY refuse to update to any other form of op system
    install... Not the 2.0.xxxx or the 2.1.xxx Am working on that... any advice... please step up... I have a 64 bit
    that has the 2.1.xxx and the Bluetooth pairs and installs flawlessly... Looking at the Hardware tab
    in the Playbooks of the 32 VS the 64 gb there is 6 GB of data used in the op system install on either
    version... No difference in the cases when the motherboards are removed... so it is all in the
    motherboard... The increase in upgrade programming and SSD in the 2.1.0.1753 max is about 5 BB
    between the 2 units...
    64 GB clean unit... Free storage 54.3 GB ( with 7.9 GB used in op sys install )
    32 GB clean unit.... Free storage 26.7 GB ( with 5.3 GB used in op sys install )

I am also noticing the Adobe Flash will not upgrade to a higher version in the 32 bit as in the 64 bit
    either... I am going to try to upgrade to the 2.0xxx or 2.1.xxx through a computer if possible
    but want to know if anyone has had success in installing the 2.xxxxxx anything, in a 32 GB
    Playbook...
    I used the 64 GB playbook this evening... the Bluetooth worked flawlessly... it says :
    SERVICES
    A2DP
    Audio/video remote control

In the 32 GB playbooks it says No Services available...
    Would it be possible for you to give me some time.........approx six weeks to read your post fully? I still won't understand it but some of the big wordy things is wonderful see eh? May I be the first to thank you on such a long fascinating post which I am sure when I have spent fourteen weeks on Google finding out what you are trying to say I will understand and enjoy your post? Once again thank you for your...input and edification off us members..........................i think?

Note to myself................must catch up on this technology thingy?
    Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    03-10-14 10:20 AM
    This Tablet stuff is quite different from lets say a laptop or tower... I can install an op system on most any size hard drive weather SSD / SATA or IDE... doesn't make any difference if it is XP/VISTA/ WIN7 OR WIN 8... the op sys and add on programs in the hard drive get installed on and take up a certain preliminary space on a hard drive, usually partitioned... which is why the Hardware tab in the Playbook says " Free Storage 26.7 GB" when the playbook is a 32 GB SSD.
    One of the things I layed out was the details between a 32 and 64 GB playbook... seems figuring out how to clone a 64 bit op sys into a 32 bit ssd...so the BLUETOOTH would work... or how to get the posted updates of 2.0xxx or 2.1.xxx into a Playbook... ( OTHER THAN A 64 GB ) should be something the tecks connected to this site should be up for... cause in all the postings from BlackBerry itself... it never states... the 2.0 and 2.1 updates are only applicable to the 64 GB Playbooks... All I see is over and over again how Bluetooth does not work... No details on what their SSD drive capacity is.. or what their updates currently are set at... Just as basic information... and I'm not seeing any tecks asking these details... like they have no importance... Come on... the fist questions are always : op sys, memory, current bios (equivalent to UPDATE STATUS ) Good thing being I have so many working brand new models of the Playbook model to compare first hand...
    What model do you have and if you have Bluetooth... is it working in your model?
    03-11-14 07:07 AM
    I've heard a lot of problems over the years regarding the playbook but I don't recall one other complaint about bluetooth. I bought a total of 10 playbooks including those for friends and family and everyone, 32gb or 64gb runs bluetooth fine. Bluetooth to my Bose Soundlink is about the only reason I haven't sold my two personal units.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-11-14 08:21 AM
    I've heard a lot of problems over the years regarding the playbook but I don't recall one other complaint about bluetooth. I bought a total of 10 playbooks including those for friends and family and everyone, 32gb or 64gb runs bluetooth fine. Bluetooth to my Bose Soundlink is about the only reason I haven't sold my two personal units.
    Shuddup kid! In just two posts this member has given me enough to read up on to last me 10 months.............. Mmmmmmmmmmm make that 18 months eh?.............
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    03-11-14 08:40 AM
    I, for one, don't know what know what you're talking about. Why are you trying to "clone a 64 bit op sys into a 32 bit ssd...so the BLUETOOTH would work" (I'm guessing you meant 64 and 32 gig, rather than bit)? What have you done to try to install OS 2.1 on your 16 and 32 gig Playbooks? I'm guessing that virtually everyone on this board is running OS 2.1.0.1753, whether they own a 16, 32, or 64 gig model, and had little problem updating to this latest OS version regardless of their technical prowess. Why are you having a problem? As to your comments regarding hard drive capacities, all hard drives will show up as being smaller that their claimed capacities, typically about 8% or so smaller. This is in part due to the fact that formatting a drive takes up some space and in part due to the fact that the hard drive manufacturers and the operating system developers (Microsoft for one) have different definitions for a gigabyte- though I'm not really sure how this is relevant to your problem. Also, your statement that "I can install an op system on most any size hard drive weather SSD / SATA or IDE... doesn't make any difference if it is XP/VISTA/ WIN7 OR WIN 8..", may be technically true, but, from my understanding, you won't be able to get these operating systems to run using an ARM processor, but again, I'm not sure as to the relevance of this. Finally, flash is part of the Playbook's OS, and the only way to update it is to update the OS.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-11-14 11:58 AM
    I, for one, don't know what know what you're talking about. Why are you trying to "clone a 64 bit op sys into a 32 bit ssd...so the BLUETOOTH would work" (I'm guessing you meant 64 and 32 gig, rather than bit)? What have you done to try to install OS 2.1 on your 16 and 32 gig Playbooks? I'm guessing that virtually everyone on this board is running OS 2.1.0.1753, whether they own a 16, 32, or 64 gig model, and had little problem updating to this latest OS version regardless of their technical prowess. Why are you having a problem? As to your comments regarding hard drive capacities, all hard drives will show up as being smaller that their claimed capacities, typically about 8% or so smaller. This is in part due to the fact that formatting a drive takes up some space and in part due to the fact that the hard drive manufacturers and the operating system developers (Microsoft for one) have different definitions for a gigabyte- though I'm not really sure how this is relevant to your problem. Also, your statement that "I can install an op system on most any size hard drive weather SSD / SATA or IDE... doesn't make any difference if it is XP/VISTA/ WIN7 OR WIN 8..", may be technically true, but, from my understanding, you won't be able to get these operating systems to run using an ARM processor, but again, I'm not sure as to the relevance of this. Finally, flash is part of the Playbook's OS, and the only way to update it is to update the OS.
    Whoa up there dude........... Sit, take a break, rest a while and open a bokkles.......... I is not finished understanding your first two posted see wivout yous complikating issues by posting mores see eh? Give a fellor a break eh?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-11-14 01:58 PM
    Whoa up there dude........... Sit, take a break, rest a while and open a bokkles.......... I is not finished understanding your first two posted see wivout yous complikating issues by posting mores see eh? Give a fellor a break eh?
    That another poster/member dude....
    look to the left.......
    c
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 03-11-14 at 03:24 PM.
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    03-11-14 02:04 PM
    That another poster/member dude....
    look to the rite.......
    c
    Which way is that?
    Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    03-11-14 03:21 PM
    Which way is that?
    Why, the other way of course..........

c
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    03-11-14 03:24 PM
    Why, the other way of course..........

c
    ??????????????? Waiter could I have some tomato soup please and can you make it taste like sh1t? Sorry sir we only have beetroot soup today! Ok that tastes the same as what I asked for so bring me some of that then!
    Cynycl likes this.
    03-11-14 03:48 PM
    so first thing, he has been repairing playbooks and filled us in on that part.

second thing he cant get it to update so he can use bluetooth headsets. the fact the OS is 1 makes you wonder about the supply source.

OP - you are definately getting it to connect to wifi? one thing I would try is doing a full factory reset from the menu and making sure you have a blackberry ID as I reckon that might be the problem. the first thing is does is ask for an ID and wifi details then it should ask to update from there. just make sure you create the blackberry ID on a PC/laptop.

no 32 bit or 64 bit difference only the base OS which is the same for all models bar the 32gb 3g which needs a different update.
    03-12-14 11:55 AM
    The problem with many of the playbooks is the USB/power connector going bad... with no connection to a computer... no update... which is one thing I am questioning... it seems they are giving us a free 7GB cloud for file transfer from one tablet to another or another blackberry device... I'm thinking we should be able to download the update on the cloud base and download it from there through wi fi... or install/download it in the playbook and install it from within the tablets base... if the computer is acting as an interface to the playbook through the Blackberry desktop program where can we find the update file in order to flash the playbook drive... by this time this procedure should be standard place since soooo many of the playbook usb plugs all go bad... if you detail a way I will post pictures of how and why these usb locations fail... There are a couple of supposed factory replacement usb hubs ( lets call it ) that although cheap enough are completely not suitable... as the circuit board loses it's value in those connection locations as well... a result from them trying to make that part/location repairable.
    I see how to incert an image now.. will do so in the next day... will probably do a video as well...
    03-18-14 07:24 PM
    The problem with many of the playbooks is the USB/power connector going bad... with no connection to a computer... no update... .
    Not true. The Playbook's OS updates are done over wifi. The only thing one really needs the USB port for is for backup and restore. File transfers can be done over wifi and charging can be done via the three pin magnetic charging port.
    03-18-14 07:40 PM