Hi Gang,

As a Playbook owner, I imagined I would be able to pair my tablet to my car's Bluetooth system when driving, just as I've done with my Z10. I've had no luck so far when I've turned on Bluetooth and tried to locate a new device to pair with. It's not a big deal since I can buy an aux chord and connect it that way... but Bluetooth would be easier and more flexible obviously.

Bluetooth is on. Discoverable is on. Just no luck when I click "add new device". Should this work or am I missing something?

Thanks!
    02-16-13 12:58 PM
    Did you set your car stereo to pairing mode first? Then search for it from your PB.
    02-16-13 01:03 PM
    I am able to pair my 9900 to my car but not my PB. My car bluetooth only handles phone calls, no music. Could that be the problem? Can you play music with your Z10 in the car?
    02-16-13 02:30 PM
    My 9900 pairs with my car and plays audio via A2DP protocol. My PB also pairs, but I haven't tried to play music or anything else, really.
    CBCListener likes this.
    02-16-13 02:35 PM
    My 9900 pairs with my car and plays audio via A2DP protocol. My PB also pairs, but I haven't tried to play music or anything else, really.
    Both my Playbook and 9900 will play music over the car radio via bluetooth. From what I've read on CB it would appear that some car stereos are the problem. Not the phone or Playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-16-13 02:50 PM
    From what I've read on CB it would appear that some car stereos are the problem. Not the phone or Playbook.
    That's the issue with my cars factory Nav system. It only supports "handsfree" not A2DP. The car doesn't even see the PB as a bluetooth device.
    A solution is to buy the BlackBerry music gateway(or other similar device) and install in the car.
    02-16-13 03:22 PM
    Both my playbook & 9790 plays music over bluetooth in my CX5 no problem
    02-17-13 07:10 AM
    I've got my 9810 & Playbook connected to Ford Sync. I found putting my music on a USB stick is easier, so I rarely use the bluetooth music anymore.
    02-17-13 08:42 AM
    My pb will pair to my bb visor bluetooth/handsfree device and play music to it but the fm transmitter on the device will not turn on for some reason (but will for my 9850).
    02-17-13 09:15 AM
    Hmm. Thanks guys for the reply. Yes my Z10 works perfectly when connected for music and phone calls.

My car is a 2013 Elantra. Maybe it is something to do with the car system. I have the option of using my phone, loading up a use stick with music, or using an aux chord though so no big deal like I previously said.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 01:16 PM
    Hmm. Thanks guys for the reply. Yes my Z10 works perfectly when connected for music and phone calls.

My car is a 2013 Elantra. Maybe it is something to do with the car system. I have the option of using my phone, loading up a use stick with music, or using an aux chord though so no big deal like I previously said.

Posted via CB10
    I think it must be the head unit.. what Trim level do you have? I have a '13 Elantra Limited and the PB will pair but won't play music through the stereo... My Curve 8520 and Bold before that connect and play audio (not just calls) but no love from the playbook. Right now nothing will pair (at least not properly) with my playbook but when the bluetooth was behaving itself it would pair almost instantly with the car just wasn't any point because it wouldn't do anything...
    07-31-13 04:29 PM