I bought a convertible case for my playbook shortly after getting the pb...removed it a few days later as I didn't like how it thickened it up. I'll only use it when travelling somewhere, I've ordered a TPU/gel case from ebay, so we'll see how that works. In the meantime, I'm just using the neoprene case when i'm not using the PB
    11-14-11 10:53 AM
    I love how BB's are designed with enough scratch resistance and durable materials that you can use them naked. When I used to have my iPod and iPad I was always bothered because they were beautiful to look at, but I knew I had to use a case because the backs would scratch if you look at it too hard.
    I carry my 9700 and PB in an OEM pocket and sleeve, respectively, and it's a perfect matching pair!
    11-14-11 01:26 PM
    I don't trust myself enough to ditch my convertible case. The Playbook is definitely beautiful. Gotta say I love this thread - so much better than reading complaints (however valid they may be).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-11 01:37 PM
    Darn my oily fingers as I cannot enjoy a clear clean smudge free screen any more then minutes at a time.

Is there a screen protector/antiglare film that's attaches via static rather then adhesive?
    The raise boarder ridge almost makes it looks like it's begging for it.
    11-14-11 02:28 PM
    Darn my oily fingers as I cannot enjoy a clear clean smudge free screen any more then minutes at a time.

Is there a screen protector/antiglare film that's attaches via static rather then adhesive?
    The raise boarder ridge almost makes it looks like it's begging for it.
    Learn to bezel scroll. Cuts down on fingerprints big time.
    11-14-11 02:50 PM
    I have the Otterbox and for protection it really is great but I've found the screen to not be great through the inbuilt protector.
    I've started using it in just one of the Official Gel Case's that covers the back, which seems really nice and the screen is much more responsive but I too would like a protector for the screen, might possibly pickup either a convertible or leather journal case to go with it.
    11-14-11 03:22 PM
    Ok....I had to re-visit this thread as I recently got a journal case and love how professional and lowkey it looks...I just took it out to put on a dock and brought back memories of this thread...ITS STILL BETTER NAKED!!!!! That's all.
    01-23-12 12:18 AM
    Learn to bezel scroll. Cuts down on fingerprints big time.
    Bezel scroll? Please, what's that?
    01-23-12 01:14 AM
    Bezel scroll? Please, what's that?
    I found this:

press finger to screen in any empty screen space and slide finger to bezel. bezel is now a scroll bar.

solution originally posted by Superfly_FR
    01-23-12 02:00 AM
    i like it when other things are naked .... like aoppples
    01-23-12 03:21 AM
    in seriousness i got a casebfor my playbook and i oove it.... i thin k i wull take it off in a yeaerb so i can remember what it feels luke
    01-23-12 03:22 AM
    Yes, took mine out last night (Playbook!)and was enjoying the way it felt in the hand. But earlier was glad it was cased when the grandkid was playing NFS and jerking into 4 wheel drifts. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-12 08:37 AM
    I just recently got the charging pod and I pulled out the PB from its case and boy does it feel great! Mine is not going back in the case! For going out/travelling I am gonna use my other PB which is cased...
    Last edited by fj_cruiser; 01-23-12 at 09:03 AM.
    01-23-12 08:44 AM
    take a dremmel tool to the convertible case, remove the button covers and make it big enough for the ports. then make mic holes and a headphone jack hole and slightly mod the bottom so the buttons come through. then you can put the playbook in upside down.

I'm doing it wed when I have time, I'll post some pics and better instructions.

The convertible case is so structurally strong I'm positive it can handle the mods and still hold the PlyBook in place.
    01-23-12 11:30 AM
    I had Gelaskins on it before but it does look better naked.
    I get awww's and ooh's from some iPad users asking me what device i have then they see the Blackberry name on it and they go all negative on it all of the sudden. It's actually funny.
    01-23-12 11:43 AM
    I usually have it in a Targus convertible and took it out of it last night and played with it naked and felt so good, but can be a little slippery by itself. I would hate to have it slip out of my hands and get damaged.
    01-23-12 03:14 PM
    Mine has always been nakid
    01-23-12 03:17 PM
    I found this:

press finger to screen in any empty screen space and slide finger to bezel. bezel is now a scroll bar.

solution originally posted by Superfly_FR
    I must be dense, because I have no idea what that means...
    thanks anyway
    01-23-12 11:20 PM
    Whereas I too (PB) prefer to lounge around the house au naturel, when I go out I always slip on my Otterboxers.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-24-12 at 07:34 AM.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    01-24-12 12:10 AM
    Whereas I too prefer to lounge around the house au naturel, when I go out I always slip on my Otterboxers.
    Oh, are your otterboxes that slimy?
    01-24-12 12:22 AM
    LOL Not touching that one! And it's Otterboxers lol
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-24-12 at 12:32 AM.
    01-24-12 12:30 AM
    01-24-12 12:34 AM
    I agree it looks better naked but I can't keep it that way I need to dress it up when I take it out with me. I just wish there were some sexier options. I got 3 cases, the leather envelope in purple from Blackberry, and 2 e-reader cases that happened to fit the playbook inside but honestly they are simply not sexy enough!
    01-24-12 12:37 AM
    I must be dense, because I have no idea what that means...
    thanks anyway
    I didn't know what this was (bezel scroll) until I saw you ask about it (on page 4 of this thread).....so I had a mission.

If you are on a website and you don't want to use your finger to scroll by touching the screen and sliding across the actual web page (because you might accidentally select a link etc), you can simply press your finger to the screen in a blank area (white space usually) and slide it to into the bezel area....without removing the finger the bezel now operates as your scroll bar

Hope this helps!

Slick device
    Last edited by braindigger; 01-24-12 at 03:33 AM.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-24-12 03:29 AM
    I agree it looks better naked but I can't keep it that way I need to dress it up when I take it out with me. I just wish there were some sexier options. I got 3 cases, the leather envelope in purple from Blackberry, and 2 e-reader cases that happened to fit the playbook inside but honestly they are simply not sexy enough!
    Try the journal case...I think it looks really nice.
    01-25-12 01:07 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD