Hey, I'm just going to say I agree but I suggest everyone get a convertible case or something to protect it.

I'm a bit clumsy and I have three young boys so that shapes my risk assessment somewhat.

I love my Playbook and don't want to mess it up. Milk, toys, drops, etc. Just to much risk. The convertible case wraps around the whole thing so even if you spill a glass of milk on it, it should be fine. I'm not about to try it but it looks pretty protected.
    11-12-11 02:41 PM
    The only problem being naked is that you can't hide the fact that it's only 7 inches.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-12-11 04:22 PM
    The only problem being naked is that you can't hide the fact that it's only 7 inches.

lol...and useless after a dip in the pool.
    MattBerry08 likes this.
    11-12-11 05:16 PM

Well you know what they say..."It's not the size of the ship but the motion of the ocean"...and boy does my playbook rock
    11-12-11 05:28 PM
    Girls are much better when naked too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JRoman2k10 likes this.
    11-12-11 05:30 PM

Playbook is MUCH cheaper though.
    11-12-11 05:58 PM

If that were totally true, Penn State would not be in the mess it is!!!!
    11-12-11 06:11 PM
    I use mine naked and in an envelope leather case when not in use, which i have to say is one of the sexiest cases for any electronic device i've seen.
    11-12-11 06:25 PM
    I can put it upside down in my Acase and have it plugged in and standing. Guess wouldn't be using the back camera if I have it that way.
    You bet, always a work around. ;-)
    11-12-11 06:35 PM
    i kept mine naked all the time. that way its directly accessible. and its not collectible for sure so why bother protecting it hehe
    11-12-11 07:31 PM
    I use mine naked and in an envelope leather case when not in use, which i have to say is one of the sexiest cases for any electronic device i've seen.
    and it fits nicely into a moderate sized purse, so I can easily take it everywhere!
    11-12-11 08:37 PM
    NAKED all the way! Much agreed, the PB has a great feel to it. It's a wonderful device. It has multiple uses in the case also, i use it as a tray. Check it out.
    anon(2915233) and MattBerry08 like this.
    11-12-11 09:09 PM
    NAKED all the way! Much agreed, the PB has a great feel to it. It's a wonderful device. It has multiple uses in the case also, i use it as a tray. Check it out.
    Apparently you can't put it down, lol
    11-12-11 09:34 PM
    I had mine for two months now and I don't take it out the convertible case. I still have my original plastic on it. My coworkers tease me all the time, they jealous becasue I won't let them touch it. (Damn! Apple people) when will they learn.
    11-12-11 10:01 PM
    Friggen' thing is built!

"BB tough."�
    11-12-11 10:24 PM
    I had to take the PB out of the case in order to use it...and man this thing feels so much better with out the case...I forgot how nice it was. Just thought I'd share.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. Just took mine off the incipio executive case. I am going start going "raw" more often ... I do have the full body protector so it is "semi-raw". Does feel so much better though.
    11-12-11 10:24 PM
    I love this thread...crackberry addicts also have dirty minds when given the opportunity to showcase.

11-13-11 12:10 AM
    i never use a case, except for the neoprene one included, love it raw! lol

"oooh baby i like it raw"

o.d.b. - rip
    11-13-11 01:09 AM
    I use the convertible case, mostly because its nice to be able to prop it up when I want to watch a video or do a presentation. I do miss how thin and how nice it feels naked though..

I think this thread got away from the real issue though, the fact that we should be able to plug it in while standing, or closed in the convertible case!

While on the one hand, I hope RIM focuses on software and doesn't release a new model for quite a while (just because I don't want to buy one, but I will! lol) On the other hand, I really hope future model have the rapid charge port for the dock on the bottom, but the usb and hdmi ports on the side so it can be charged or plugged into a display while its in the case, propped up OR folded closed.
    11-13-11 10:08 AM
    I agree, I also have a case, but I much prefer using it without one..
    11-13-11 11:33 AM
    For those on the run or who do not have doc I am surprised that RIM or accessory suppliers do not or have not supplied a right angle power supply that addresses the bottom connector position. if you want to charge and use it in a case that stands it up for viewing you are stuck with bending the cable which puts strain on the connector.
    If you're using it in a cradle and want to charge it, just put it in the cradle upside down. The screen will flip and the cord will come out of the top, instead of the bottom. Easy peasy.
    11-13-11 11:55 AM
    I use the convertible case, mostly because its nice to be able to prop it up when I want to watch a video or do a presentation. I do miss how thin and how nice it feels naked though..

I think this thread got away from the real issue though, the fact that we should be able to plug it in while standing, or closed in the convertible case!

While on the one hand, I hope RIM focuses on software and doesn't release a new model for quite a while (just because I don't want to buy one, but I will! lol) On the other hand, I really hope future model have the rapid charge port for the dock on the bottom, but the usb and hdmi ports on the side so it can be charged or plugged into a display while its in the case, propped up OR folded closed.
    I think that they were going for a very clean, spare look. The two sides are just neat looking. No buttons (bumps) or ports (holes). I find its design visually appealing. Maybe that's not practical but that's another issue. Folks do invert it to get to the ports for attachments. And the Rapid Charger does have the L-shaped plug to allow the wire to "flow" to one side or the other.
    11-13-11 12:16 PM
    Agreed! I have the offical BlackBerry leather case and literally only use it as a 'PlayBook in Transit' protective carry case. The PlayBook is too nice to be all covered up!
    11-13-11 12:47 PM
    PlayBook leather enveloppe is the nicest case available!!
    11-14-11 02:53 AM
    I agree that it looks better when going commando but the first time that you drop something that expensive you will wish you had a case. I use the OB Defender. Five smartphones with very minor, minute dings were enough to convince me to put on my PB and my 9810 and 9900, both of which look better naked.
    11-14-11 06:05 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD