So guess whats on the front page? NOOO not the Playbook, but the IPAD2. The Playbook has a small section by the cellphones.

I don't get it, even after RIM pushed BestBuy as their main retailer for the presale. Is this RIM's doing or Bestbuy's?
    04-13-11 07:03 PM
    So guess whats on the front page? NOOO not the Playbook, but the IPAD2. The Playbook has a small section by the cellphones.

I don't get it, even after RIM pushed BestBuy as their main retailer for the presale. Is this RIM's doing or Bestbuy's?
    Apple probably leveraged a deal to make up for them holding iPads back on launch day, this get's them off the "black list"
    04-13-11 07:16 PM
    PB has been in the ads the last 2 weeks already so its not like its "new" to the ad. In fact that is the same ad as last week i think
    04-13-11 07:25 PM
    Let's face it, no one is going to be waiting in line for this. The PB is under the radar as far as the average consumer, which is fine with me: the OS will more than likely prove itself better than Android and possible iOS, and positive reviews will make it gather lots of momentum over time.

So in essence, putting your bets on the iPad 2 makes sense for Best Buy, for the moment. When you think of it, even in the PB forum the most page views you get for the Sticky is about 42,000 view, which would mean at most 42,000 people who read this forum might go buy it. If you look at some iPad forums, you have almost 1 million views on some topics. So if my very crude yet brilliant scientific method says anything, it says that there are a lot more people interested in iPad at the moment.
    04-13-11 07:41 PM
    Got a Staples flyer today, the Playbook was on the front page.

It's also on the front page of many websites, its getting very good coverage in Canada.
    marclovell likes this.
    04-13-11 07:55 PM

Probably higher profit margin for iPad2 for Best Buy.
    04-13-11 08:00 PM
    The Pineapple makes sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-11 10:12 PM

I got Quarter of the front page in a staples ad a week ago.
    04-17-11 07:19 AM
    The front page is designed to drive traffic into the store and make people keep reading.

If you were best buy, which would you put on the front page? Ipad2 or playbook?
    04-17-11 07:31 AM
    So do I want...

Thinner , Lighter, Faster or
    Multitasking, App Rocking, Flash Loving, Ultra Portable
    for $499 ?
    04-17-11 07:36 AM
    So do I want...

Thinner , Lighter, Faster or
    Multitasking, App Rocking, Flash Loving, Ultra Portable
    for $499 ?

I'll take #2 for $499 please.
    04-17-11 07:50 AM
    Only amarketing team like Rim's could dream up the terms flash loving and app rocking.

It looks like one of the most used playbook features will be to disable flash to speed up browsing and avoid annoying flas ads.

Not sure what app rocking means..hangman and tetris?
    04-17-11 07:58 AM
    "soft opening" comes to mind .. plus it doesnt come out till Tuesday. You probably wont see any front page ads for a few weeks.
    04-17-11 08:16 AM

It looks like one of the most used playbook features will be to disable flash to speed up browsing and avoid annoying flas ads.
    I toggle flash off on all my laptop and desktop browsers.
    It's a simple toggle on Chrome and IE9, and improves the entire web greatly.

Add to that, not all flash sites even work properly on the Playbook at this stage,
    and RIM could waste 1000's of hours trying to solve it, blame Adobe who will blame RIM!

Then when it does work your exposed to massive security issues.
    They seem to report CRITICAL security flaws every couple weeks.

Do you think the Playbook flash version will be high on the list to fix
    given the small user base?

Promoting flash as a advantage is either aimed to dupe customers or shows a lack of knowledge of where the web is moving to.

If RIM is about providing a secure tablet the first thing to go should be flash.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 04-17-11 at 12:23 PM.
    04-17-11 11:36 AM

Promoting flash as a advantage is either aimed to dupe customers or shows a lack of knowledge of where the web is moving to.

If RIM is about providing a secure tablet the first thing to go should be flash.
    yeah bro.. i totally agree! RIM is ********. don't they know that in 3-4 years, the world is going to move onto html 5?

get your head out of your a$$ man. we're getting the playbook in less than 36 hours, and guess what? the web runs on flash today, tmr, and the next few years.
    04-17-11 12:53 PM
    Rim is ******** really and flash isn't going away . I think you've been listening to steve jobs to much if anything is going away its him
    beamolite likes this.
    04-17-11 02:25 PM
    well the best buy here in Toronto has more pre-orders than expected stock. They told me it was like that everywhere in the greater Toronto area. There was a buzz around the store with everyone asking around for it. Unless we are all living in a bubble here then I think the playbook should do well.
    04-17-11 04:31 PM
    Really?? Is better than NO Playbook AD here in Best Buy in Puerto Rico. But they had the same ad with the ipad 2, only three per store. If you visit best buy mobile, they already had the cases and a little AD for the playbook. Has always, nobody knows nothing when it will available until today. Best Buy is a joke!!!
    04-17-11 04:46 PM
    Still need an iPad 2? Head to Best Buy on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday -- Engadget

this might have been why: supposedly it was planned for best buy to release a bunch of iPad 2's for purchase starting today. I'm sure Apple devised this scheme and paid them to do so
    ... or is it just a coincidence that it's 48 hours before the playbook launch?
    ... or maybe i'm paranoid. take your pick.

:P
    04-17-11 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD