So I just updated to the "Unreleased" Build 1.0.1.1705. This very well may have been the case when I did the OS Update upon turning the PlayBook on for the first time on Tuesday.

But I noticed in the little tutorial that when I set up bridge, the BBM Icon is clearly there. Is RIM just trying to tease us? Or was it their intention for BBM to work from the get go?

Screen shot is below.
    04-21-11 11:28 AM
    So I just updated to the "Unreleased" Build 1.0.1.1705. This very well may have been the case when I did the OS Update upon turning the PlayBook on for the first time on Tuesday.

But I noticed in the little tutorial that when I set up bridge, the BBM Icon is clearly there. Is RIM just trying to tease us? Or was it their intention for BBM to work from the get go?

Screen shot is below.
    just checked via the setup app on build 1690. The BBM icon is there as well. Wish they would push that out already. I'm sure you guys know what I mean by it feels ancient to pick up my BB and answer a BBM message on there now haha.
    04-21-11 11:57 AM
    I would say it was RIM's intention to have a lot of things working that aren't currently working on the Playbook. BBM is a major thing for a Blackberry device.
    04-21-11 12:19 PM
    Must not be working well enough for a push. Hate to see it in the demo on-line but not have it.
    No software update for about a week now... I'm not inclined to run an unofficial version. My day gig is with embedded systems and I know what that can bring...
    David
    04-30-11 12:53 PM
    I had an issue escalated with playbook support yesterday and spent 10 minutes with the guy fixing my issue and then over an hour talking about the playbook. I know for sure that the email on the bridge it fixed and working better in a new update as well as bbm is being tested. He also said that an update should be pushed by the beginning of this week although he could not say what was new. Fingers crossed even though i am 99% satisfied one can always use updates.
    04-30-11 06:19 PM

Screen shot is below.
    If I may ask, how did you get your hands on the unreleased version? Do you work for RIM?

*Edit*

Just realized that your OS is older than the current one, my bad.
    04-30-11 06:54 PM
    Not only bbm but email is fixed too...now the links work with the updated bridge. thank you RIM :-)
    05-02-11 09:18 AM
    how do I force the update for bridge?
    05-11-11 02:25 PM
    Just try to go to app world and select it. Thats what I did and it downloaded and installed. You also need the new bbm for it to work in bridge.
    05-11-11 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD