You can - as much as you can bridge the pb and the z10! But the battery in this one lasts forever!
    Not if you are arthritic.
    05-21-13 02:48 PM
    I was quite happy in my cellar plugged into my network and my brandy listening to Elgar until you said that! Why do you not just come down here and pull my eyeballs out?

Firstly I don't know what SwiftKey is or where it is.

Secondly I have over the past several weeks learned to hate, yes hate bb10 with a passion I usually reserve for peanut butter! So much so I have just bought myself a 9900 and a new sim only contract. The Z10 is now switched off and all calls are redirected to my 9900. Guess what, bridge works as well now!!!!!!!!

The only time my Z10 will see the light of day again is either when RIM reinstate bridge fully or my contract is up for renewal. Thanks for that!
    how about I pm you my address and you send me that lowsy z10 lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-21-13 02:55 PM
    Not if you are arthritic.
    Pssst. Leave the catnip alone!
    05-21-13 02:56 PM
    I was quite happy in my cellar plugged into my network and my brandy listening to Elgar until you said that! Why do you not just come down here and pull my eyeballs out?

Firstly I don't know what SwiftKey is or where it is.

Secondly I have over the past several weeks learned to hate, yes hate bb10 with a passion I usually reserve for peanut butter! So much so I have just bought myself a 9900 and a new sim only contract. The Z10 is now switched off and all calls are redirected to my 9900. Guess what, bridge works as well now!!!!!!!!

The only time my Z10 will see the light of day again is either when RIM reinstate bridge fully or my contract is up for renewal. Thanks for that!
    say what ? well .. a qwerty man alwaysbcomes back to his qwerty ? but why 9900 ? I hate that model because of the battery ..
    05-21-13 03:17 PM
    Playbook BB10 Update - Why is Kevin and co silent ?-384px-amarna_akkadian_letter.png

Tablets? Let me tell you about tablets...

It's been holding content since 4000 BC. No power needed, doesn't crash, doesn't reboot, doesn't forget itself after 30 days either. It doesn't talk to your Bentley but hey, those Akkadians knew a thing or two about mobile stuff back in the day.
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    05-21-13 03:37 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	384px-Amarna_Akkadian_letter.png 
Views:	691 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	163866

It's been holding content since 4000 BC. No power needed, doesn't crash, doesn't reboot, doesn't forget itself after 30 days either. It doesn't talk to your Bentley but hey, those Akkadians knew a thing or two about mobile stuff back in the day.
    My cellar is an open door to you!
    05-21-13 03:41 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	384px-Amarna_Akkadian_letter.png 
Views:	691 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	163866

And it contains its own integral Otterbox in case it is dropped - shatterproof.
    05-21-13 04:41 PM
    Curiouser and curiouser...

This article (see excerpt below) says US govt defense dept needs their Blackberries to have "common access cards" security functions and that 10.1 and 10.2 are going to provide this function. Since Playbook was also approved by the defense department doesn't this mean the govt was assured the Playbook would get at least 10.1and that is why the defense department would include it on their list of approved devices?
    In any case that would give financial incentive to bringing 10.1 to Playbook.

"An anticipated update, Blackberry 10.1, will be able to verify CAC IDs for employees attempting to email or visit secure sites, the document adds. A third iteration, BlackBerry 10.2, is expected to be capable of validating CAC credentials before letting employees access Intranet sites protected by digital certificates.

Personnel defensewide won't be able to use any of the new gadgets until DISA rolls out a mobile device management system, expected to be purchased this summer, for remotely control device settings. During trial runs only, select employees will connect to defense networks on government-owned iPhones, iPads, and BlackBerry 10 devices, as well as Samsung Knox systems"

Consumer Smartphones OK'd for Military Use Lack Certain ID Protections - Nextgov.com
    05-21-13 04:58 PM
    And it contains its own integral Otterbox in case it is dropped - shatterproof.
    and hey its more durable than an iphone
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-21-13 04:58 PM
    and hey its more durable than an iphone
    So is a turd!
    05-21-13 05:12 PM
    So is a turd!
    Not if your diet consist of brandy and pasties.
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    05-21-13 07:53 PM
    ^^The only backward of that tablet is, you cannot access CB site to post ridiculous and non-ridiculous stuff...

Posted via Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-21-13 09:15 PM
    Ah ha, but the Akkadians could say they didn't promise BB10 for it!

We can still read Hammurabbi's shopping list for 4th April, 1760 BC... don't need BB10 for that.
    FF22, sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    05-21-13 10:13 PM
    Ah ha, but the Akkadians could say they didn't promise BB10 for it!

We can still read Hammurabbi's shopping list for 4th April, 1760 BC... don't need BB10 for that.
    Did he buy any brandy or pasties?
    05-22-13 09:42 AM
    Did he buy any brandy or pasties?
    Brandy, perhaps. Clearly he was STONED when he wrote those tablets.
    JeepBB and sad_old_man like this.
    05-22-13 11:06 AM
    Brandy, perhaps. Clearly he was STONED when he wrote those tablets.
    Hey must have had one he'll of a pen!
    05-22-13 01:24 PM
    ^^And a great hammer like the one using by Thor... not the Thor that thinking the same "dumb" tablet... but the one in the Norse mythology...

Posted via Z10
    05-22-13 03:19 PM
    ^^And a great hammer like the one using by Thor... not the Thor that thinking the same "dumb" tablet... but the one in the Norse mythology...

Posted via Z10
    Even I know there's a 'H' in horse, not an 'N'.
    05-22-13 04:38 PM
    No idea if this was brought up at any point. Let's say OS10 was made for the PlayBook, and the 1 Gig of RAM was enough to run it (as seems to be the case reported by those using Dev Alpha Cs, or something), what happens to the current PlayBook OS2 games and apps? My Z10 can't run them. Would the PlayBook be able to? Can the Dev Alphas? Would it require an emulator, like the android runtime? Like an OS2 runtime? If it did, would the PlayBook still have enough RAM to run OS10 with the OS2 runtime running on top of it? If this was the case, would we be seeing a lot of crashing and lowered framerates and longer load times from OS2 apps and games?
    05-22-13 10:32 PM
    No idea if this was brought up at any point. Let's say OS10 was made for the PlayBook, and the 1 Gig of RAM was enough to run it (as seems to be the case reported by those using Dev Alpha Cs, or something), what happens to the current PlayBook OS2 games and apps? My Z10 can't run them. Would the PlayBook be able to? Can the Dev Alphas? Would it require an emulator, like the android runtime? Like an OS2 runtime? If it did, would the PlayBook still have enough RAM to run OS10 with the OS2 runtime running on top of it? If this was the case, would we be seeing a lot of crashing and lowered framerates and longer load times from OS2 apps and games?
    It will entirely depend on those developers to port their PB OS app to BB10 OS. I believe it won't require much effort for them, but i honestly think there are barely any devs that are still intrested with the PoorBook.
    05-22-13 10:53 PM
    It will entirely depend on those developers to port their PB OS app to BB10 OS. I believe it won't require much effort for them, but i honestly think there are barely any devs that are still intrested with the PoorBook.
    So long as there is demand for OS2 PlayBook games and apps, there'll be devs. The switch over to OS10, potentially means the loss of some amount of games and apps, and possibly some devs.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 09:08 AM
    We can afford to lose 3 devs and 5 games.
    06-22-13 06:32 PM
    We can?...............
    06-23-13 01:46 PM
    Nope.
    If there apps and games r free.
    Definitely not.
    06-23-13 01:51 PM
    Have we got bb10, did I miss it, oh no not again. Another two year wait chained to this moronic iphone forum. Oh death where is thy sting?
    Dr_Acula likes this.
    06-23-13 02:04 PM
352 ... 12131415