Oooohhhh you are naughty, but I like you!
    You are the reincarnation of Dick Emery and I claim my �5.
    Playbook BB10 Update - Why is Kevin and co silent ?-p008tv30.jpg
    05-16-13 10:32 AM
    can't hurt also. myself and many others are looking for amswers, and I'm not one to give up easily
    Good luck. I don't tweet. Let us know what, if any outcome.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 10:39 AM
    Good luck. I don't tweet. Let us know what, if any outcome.
    Just how long do you plan to live?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-16-13 10:41 AM
    Just how long do you plan to live?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 10:43 AM
    Pssssttt, peas or carrot and swede with your pasty?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-16-13 10:46 AM
    Pssssttt, peas or carrot and swede with your pasty?
    Depends on the other fillings. Now is this Swede stacked?
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    05-16-13 10:56 AM
    Didn't read through this thread. I just came out of a meeting with a BlackBerry rep, and I asked her about OS10 on PlayBook.

Basically she said she doesn't know, there's been no time line communicated from upper management. She also said one problem is that OS10 requires 2 gigs of RAM. There seemed to be a good possibility that OS10 would arrive on the LTE PlayBooks, but that they were considering a light version of the OS for the rest of the 1 GB PlayBooks.

Posted via CB10
    kraschute likes this.
    05-16-13 11:37 AM
    Didn't read through this thread. I just came out of a meeting with a BlackBerry rep, and I asked her about OS10 on PlayBook.

Basically she said she doesn't know, there's been no time line communicated from upper management. She also said one problem is that OS10 requires 2 gigs of RAM. There seemed to be a good possibility that OS10 would arrive on the LTE PlayBooks, but that they were considering a light version of the OS for the rest of the 1 GB PlayBooks.

Posted via CB10
    the lte model also has 1 gig of ram so I have no idea what your getting at
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 11:48 AM
    Tru dat, mos def...

The only salient different in terms of hardware and probable performance between the LTE version and the WiFi version, being the clock speed being 1.5 for the LTE as opposed to 1 for the WiFi. As you say, RAM amount is the same.
    05-16-13 12:03 PM
    Tru dat, mos def...

The only salient different in terms of hardware and probable performance between the LTE version and the WiFi version, being the clock speed being 1.5 for the LTE as opposed to 1 for the WiFi. As you say, RAM amount is the same.
    and the extra processing power is needed for the lte
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 12:05 PM
    with everything going south here (the news or lack there of) is it just me or are things getting strange here.....
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    05-16-13 12:45 PM
    with everything going south here (the news or lack there of) is it just me or are things getting strange here.....
    How dare you! Getting strange!!!!! I would like you to know that we are some of the nicest strangest people you will ever meet!!!!!
    kbz1960 and bambinoitaliano like this.
    05-16-13 02:55 PM
    A light version would be most acceptable for people. The things that people want to see is better native apps. The use of cascades will bring that.

Posted via CB10 with the Dev Alpha C
    05-16-13 02:59 PM
    [QUOTE=Brian Ouellette;8493971[HL]]A light version would be most acceptable for people[/HL]. The things that people want to see is better native apps. The use of cascades will bring that.

This thing has been so fu at this point....I don't care what they deliver os10,os11, Thor's head on a stick....The Optics of this debacle has poisoned anything that comes out of RIM (hey changing your name to BBY means nothing if your going to still act like RIM)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-16-13 03:14 PM
    Okay, I'm tired of going through all the posts related to BB10 for PlayBooks.

Its really sad to see how BlackBerry is handling its PB customers, I mean bought the device for 500 bucks with incomplete OS and without essentials apps like Email, Calendar, etc. We have been promised various times and at various stages, that BB10 will be released for all PlayBooks out there. Now, that they have launched couple of devices with BB10, why they are not addressing this huge issue for PB customers? Why they are ignoring our questions? I haven't read all the replies in the forums, but I want to know what Kevin has to say about this? He has access to the key people in the company and can't he get a more decent and satisfactory reply from them?

If nothing works out and they are still not willing to shed more light on BB10 for PB, then lets go public about it. Write open letters to Thorsten Heins on your blogs, and start a petition on change.org or some other site. Lets get it seriously done and settle this issue once and for all. We have got other stuff to focus on as well.

What do you say guys?
    05-16-13 03:30 PM
    I wasn't getting at anything. I just repeated what she said. It was the first i'd heard of a light version of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    baldanders likes this.
    05-16-13 04:22 PM
    Seems to me that pissing off a couple of million PlayBook users is not a good business plan.
    Last edited by gwinegarden; 05-17-13 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Typos
    kbz1960, JeepBB and Wongsky like this.
    05-16-13 04:33 PM
    RIM was smart to sale the lie that BB10 coming to all playbooks in desperation to sale as much as possible playbooks even at cheap price. I was one of them naive who got it in hope for BB10.
    Now BB....doesn't care.

I think someone should go with this in public on the air.

Ignorance from BBC is the worse....
    05-16-13 04:58 PM

Its really sad to see how BlackBerry is handling its PB customers, I mean bought the device for 500 bucks with incomplete OS and without essentials apps like Email, Calendar, etc. We have been promised various times and at various stages, that BB10 will be released for all PlayBooks out there. Now, that they have launched couple of devices with BB10, why they are not addressing this huge issue for PB customers? Why they are ignoring our questions? I haven't read all the replies in the forums, but I want to know what Kevin has to say about this? He has access to the key people in the company and can't he get a more decent and satisfactory reply from them?

If nothing works out and they are still not willing to shed more light on BB10 for PB, then lets go public about it. Write open letters to Thorsten Heins on your blogs, and start a petition on change.org or some other site. Lets get it seriously done and settle this issue once and for all. We have got other stuff to focus on as well.

What do you say guys?
    750 for me. So I definitely feel your pain. But at the same time, I love my (2nd) playbook and really couldn't live without it
    05-16-13 06:27 PM

What do you say guys?
    Buzznotes on what Kevin has said. The PB may not be able to run BB10 well so they may or may not bring a light version so PB users can at least have the base etc. to run BB10 apps but again who knows but the shadow.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-16-13 07:00 PM
    RIM was smart to sale the lie that BB10 coming to all playbooks in desperation to sale as much as possible playbooks even at cheap price. I was one of them naive who got it in hope for BB10.
    Now BB....doesn't care.

I think someone should go with this in public on the air.

Ignorance from BBC is the worse....
    Heck, I got it because of the promise about email, calendar and basic things. Took forever to get just that.
    tstrike34 and JeepBB like this.
    05-16-13 07:01 PM
    Just make the bridge fully functional, make the browser better, smoother & speedier and can runs BB10 apps & games, and we will be happy for the rest of our lives...

Posted via Z10
    05-16-13 07:13 PM
    He apparently tried to say in the positive what he would focus on as opposed to saying in the negative what he was not going to do (see quote and link to article below). He would spend money on his future vision of BB 10 (and not on the past vision--ie tablets).

"We�ve talked about PlayBook numerous times now, the pure hardware play is not really making a lot of sense, now I have to think of BlackBerry 10 as a platform not just as a product."
    So going forward we will focus on that future view of tablet (whatever that constitutes) I want to focus on the future, and that�s where I�m going to spend our R&D money money on."

BlackBerry PlayBook not getting BlackBerry 10 update? | T3

So we understand that he's trying to direct people towards his new view--carrying around one mobile device which people will pay dollars for--and plug into whatever screens exist in their environment (a car, a desktop pc). And not carrying around 2 mobile devices--a phone and a tablet. He was not able to get sales for the Playbook at the price that would make him a good profit so it sounds like he is just going to make phones and then sell people the software to link the phones to other devices and other types of services (security, BBM, possibly advertising etc).
    That sounds like the whole "thin client" pipe dream all over again. It went over like a lead balloon last time. Then the engine was a PC server accessed by cheap no brain viewers. Now Thor has replaced the server with a phone. I call bs on this one.
    05-16-13 07:22 PM
    I agree how messed up this is. its said blackberry reads these forums, but there is no evidence that the playbook section gets a look. so many users and no news comes our way. for all we know we have seen all the updates that playbook will see and native bbm was never apart of it. just wish there was news every 3 months giving a status or things in development.

Sent from an ATM
    05-16-13 07:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am over people saying 1gb isn't enough. 1gb will work.

Sent from an ATM
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-16-13 07:25 PM
352 ... 56789 ...