imo, i think BBLive will be nothing more than just another yawnfest...
    That's because what ever is expected to be announce was already rumoured, guessed, predicted, leaked, discussed.
    05-12-13 01:46 PM
    That's because what ever is expected to be announce was already rumoured, guessed, predicted, leaked, discussed.
    yeah, pretty much,,, then this comes back to my personal peeve,,, they need to shake things up w/ some kind of showstopper announcement, otherwise, every time these things come up, fewer & fewer people care...
    JeepBB and Drew808 like this.
    05-12-13 01:53 PM
    I have sparingly used my Playbook while I have waited and waited and waited to be able to pair it with a new BB10 phone as my first smartphone. I will have had it nearly two years by the time the Q10 gets released to the U.S. It has been recharged only 21 times since October 2011 so it still has a considerable amount of life to it. Now I find out that some bridge functions have not been enabled in the new OS. I'm beginning to think that maybe Blackberry will just abandon the Wifi model. That would be annoying and make me question getting a BB10 phone if they only thing bridged to the Playbook is the browser. I could buy any other phone and just use a Wifi hotspot.
    FF22 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    05-12-13 02:18 PM
    I have sparingly used my Playbook while I have waited and waited and waited to be able to pair it with a new BB10 phone as my first smartphone. I will have had it nearly two years by the time the Q10 gets released to the U.S. It has been recharged only 21 times since October 2011 so it still has a considerable amount of life to it. Now I find out that some bridge functions have not been enabled in the new OS. I'm beginning to think that maybe Blackberry will just abandon the Wifi model. That would be annoying and make me question getting a BB10 phone if they only thing bridged to the Playbook is the browser.
    Well it's more than the browser, I think you can still remote control etc. The email is really redundant with BB10 as it uses sync so if you both on both devices it's the same thing unless you're wanting to disable bridged email to let someone else use your pb. I would hope they will bring BBM and TXT back when the pb gets BB10 but who knows.
    05-12-13 02:22 PM
    The z10 is more powerful than the PlayBook I can't imagine B10 working smoothly on the PlayBook so why can't we just enjoy it as it is

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 02:27 PM
    Well it's more than the browser, I think you can still remote control etc. The email is really redundant with BB10 as it uses sync so if you both on both devices it's the same thing unless you're wanting to disable bridged email to let someone else use your pb. I would hope they will bring BBM and TXT back when the pb gets BB10 but who knows.
    I'm not really interested in the remote function. The calendar function would be more of a need. Perhaps I might be mistaken in how that function bridges. I assume that when you bridge the two devices that events will populate the calendar from one to the other. Is that how it works?

Thanks for your input.
    05-12-13 02:32 PM
    I'm not really interested in the remote function. The calendar function would be more of a need. Perhaps I might be mistaken in how that function bridges. I assume that when you bridge the two devices that events will populate the calendar from one to the other. Is that how it works?

Thanks for your input.
    In OS 7 bridged email it's just showing your phone email on the PB screen more or less and that was what BBRY thought business users would want instead of a native email client on the PB. This way they could disable bridge when someone else was using the PB or even share the PB with other employees for security and privacy. Well turns out they were wrong.

Now that the PB has it's own email client similar to the BB10 phones you setup your email on both and they should stay in sync just like your mail should with a desktop client, it may not be instant though. At least that is what I think. This should also work for you calendar as well if setup properly.
    05-12-13 02:38 PM
    The z10 is more powerful than the PlayBook I can't imagine B10 working smoothly on the PlayBook so why can't we just enjoy it as it is

Posted via CB10
    A modified version should run fine but who knows.

Why can't we just enjoy it as is? Maybe because BBRY said we were getting it so naturally people want it. It also should make the browser better than the current one on the PB etc.
    JeepBB and FF22 like this.
    05-12-13 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    my finger hurts every time i see these posts...
    How to Run #BB10 on your BlackBerry #PlayBook ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB
    05-12-13 02:51 PM
    imo, i think BBLive will be nothing more than just another yawnfest...
    It may well be what are the possibilities here
    10.1 is being released through carriers from tomorrow, waiting patiently
    Skype is now here well it will be once those carriers release update
    R10 announced for later in year and what market its aimed at
    PlayBook no comment
    Mobile computing its coming but not much more than a hint
    All of the above is just my guess and I hope I,m wrong
    I'd love to see them come out all guns blazing and battering the us market
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-12-13 02:51 PM
    In OS 7 bridged email it's just showing your phone email on the PB screen more or less and that was what BBRY thought business users would want instead of a native email client on the PB. This way they could disable bridge when someone else was using the PB or even share the PB with other employees for security and privacy. Well turns out they were wrong.

Now that the PB has it's own email client similar to the BB10 phones you setup your email on both and they should stay in sync just like your mail should with a desktop client, it may not be instant though. At least that is what I think. This should also work for you calendar as well if setup properly.
    can you clear this up for me??? as it is now, it's like i have 2 different calendars,,, 1 bridged, 1 native,,, i almost always make my appts. w/ my phone since that's what i usually have on me when i make them, & it's a one handed wonder also, (my 9850, that is),,, if i understand you right, there's a way to sync the native calendar to the bridged one???
    05-12-13 02:57 PM
    can you clear this up for me??? as it is now, it's like i have 2 different calendars,,, 1 bridged, 1 native,,, i almost always make my appts. w/ my phone since that's what i usually have on me when i make them, & it's a one handed wonder also, (my 9850, that is),,, if i understand you right, there's a way to sync the native calendar to the bridged one???
    I think the only way to do that is thru gmail and work arounds. The only way to have your OS 7 or under phone and the PB calendar and email to sync is to ignore the native client and bridge them. As far as I know.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 05-12-13 at 03:05 PM. Reason: way
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-12-13 03:04 PM
    As for the Instagram car give away, that's his personal decision if such a promise actually warrant a real car. And a prize give away every month starting April, did the site not been giving away Z10's and Q 10's?
    That clearly was the personal decision he came to, as he didn't give away the real car. He also hasn't given away an R/C car either. And I'm glad you used the word "promise", because it surely was.

Kevin made a promise (twice!) that if Instagram wasn't here by specific dates, he would give away a car (not a Z10, Q10, or cuddly toy!). Hasn't happened. Hence my belief that he lacks credibility.

And, before we get a shedload of defensive posts saying that the Instagram release isn't in Kevin's power, I do realise that and I actually agree with you! However, knowing that, I wouldn't have (twice!) made the promise, and had I been foolish enough to do so I'd have felt obligated to fulfil that promise or risk losing future credibility... which I think is the point where we started.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 05-12-13 at 03:33 PM.
    05-12-13 03:07 PM

Thanks for your input.
    That's kind of how the Bridge Calendar works. But what is really occurring is that the pb shows the Calendar entries from the phone. Whereas the separate Calendar app on the pb is now a Native app and it is separate from the phone's calendar unless you use some 3rd party calendaring app like Outlook (does gmail still sync calendars???). So, the Bridge calendar worked like the email - only what was on the phone shows up.
    05-12-13 03:31 PM
    Guys, think about this for a minute - when we hear / read posts about "peeks, hints, implied" with a Playbook update to BB10....
    ...It's was just RIM flim-flamming - stringing it's customers along.
    ...It was in a terrible position at that time and needed to do anything it could.

RIM Unveils The BlackBerry PlayBook
    Sep 27, 2010
    ShareFacebookTwitter

New Professional-Grade Tablet Delivers Unmatched Power and Web Performance

San Francisco, CA – BlackBerry DEVCON 2010: Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today redefined the possibilities for mobile computing with the unveiling of its new professional-grade BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet and BlackBerry� Tablet OS.

Perfect for either large organizations or an “army of one”, the BlackBerry PlayBook is designed to give users what they want, including uncompromised web browsing, true multitasking and high performance multimedia, while also providing advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a breakthrough development platform for IT departments and developers. The incredibly powerful and innovative BlackBerry PlayBook is truly a game-changing product in the growing tablet marketplace.

“RIM set out to engineer the best professional-grade tablet in the industry with cutting-edge hardware features and one of the world's most robust and flexible operating systems,” said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. “The BlackBerry PlayBook solidly hits the mark with industry leading power, true multitasking, uncompromised web browsing and high performance multimedia.”
    RIM Unveils The BlackBerry PlayBook -

Can anyone make the claim the Playbook is "Professional Grade" or capable of "high performance multimedia"???
    ...I suppose one could make that claim provided they re-define what professional and high performance multimedia is.

The Playbook is a high quality built device that does a good job in the few things it can do.....
    ...I bought 3 of them ( unfortunately the first one at $200.00 ).
    ...The other two I bought at drastically lower rates and I feel I got a good deal on those.

BBRY simply can't compete in the Tablet game w/out names like Netflix.....
    ...So it would be pointless for them to man up and spend a dime on getting BB10 ready to push to the Playbook.
    ...It really wouldn't change anything in the big picture.

Everyone would be better served to just be happy with what they have......
    ...And express gratitude to RIM / BBRY for at least providing the hope and thought the Playbook would be updated.
    ...Like they say; "it's the thought that counts" - and BBRY did provide all of us with the thought.

"All you need is a dream".

05-12-13 03:37 PM
    Guys, think about this for a minute - when we hear / read posts about "peeks, hints, implied" with a Playbook update to BB10....
    ...It was in a terrible position at that time and needed to do anything it could.

Can anyone make the claim the Playbook is "Professional Grade" or capable of "high performance multimedia"???
    ...I suppose one could make that claim provided they re-define what professional and high performance multimedia is.

The Playbook is a high quality built device that does a good job in the few things it can do.....
    ...The other two I bought at drastically lower rates and I feel I got a good deal on those.

...So it would be pointless for them to man up and spend a dime on getting BB10 ready to push to the Playbook.

...And express gratitude to RIM / BBRY for at least providing the hope and thought the Playbook would be updated.
    ...Like they say; "it's the thought that counts" - and BBRY did provide all of us with the thought.

LOL well in my case if BB10 doesn't come to my PB I'm thinking they just lost a customer but that just may be me. If I can't trust them on this how can I trust anything they say again?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 05-12-13 at 04:57 PM. Reason: lost
    shaankaleem and JeepBB like this.
    05-12-13 03:47 PM
    Cheer up, I wrote yesterday in another thread about an article I found that said Blackberry handed out Playbooks with OS10 in the spring to a UK health firm so they could test it in advance of z10 (see below).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...99/index3.html

Also Front page Crackberry story seems to think BB10 coming soon to Playbook (see link below):
    BlackBerry Jam: A developer preview from a developer [Weekend Coder] | CrackBerry.com
    05-12-13 04:40 PM

Thanks for the memories!
    05-12-13 05:19 PM
    LOL well in my case if BB10 doesn't come to my PB I'm thinking they just lost a customer but that just may be me. If I can't trust them on this how can I trust anything they say again?
    But you've missed the point. They rarely say anything so that you cannot hold them to it. We are constantly reminded that they've made no promises and so no promises have been broken.

I think the pb will get bb10. What form it takes when it arrives is something else again. For instance, if it comes before (and if) I get a new bb phone but they've crippled the Bridge between the pb and OS7 devices, I just might not bother. I would very reluctantly give up the Bridge functions that I now have when my pb is coupled with my 9930. (for instance, just now my bb phone chirped and vibrated but it's in my pocket. My pb is at hand and I do not have to take it out. My email is there. I can look at that European trip log that I composed in the Memo app on my 9930 in January on my pb. It seems so simple but so darned unique.

I don't know who to credit with the original Bridge but it appears clear that it is not Thor's cup of tea so it may be snuffed out. SAD. VERY SAD.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-12-13 05:25 PM
    But you've missed the point. They rarely say anything so that you cannot hold them to it. We are constantly reminded that they've made no promises and so no promises have been broken.

I think the pb will get bb10. What form it takes when it arrives is something else again. For instance, if it comes before (and if) I get a new bb phone but they've crippled the Bridge between the pb and OS7 devices, I just might not bother. I would very reluctantly give up the Bridge functions that I now have when my pb is coupled with my 9930. (for instance, just now my bb phone chirped and vibrated but it's in my pocket. My pb is at hand and I do not have to take it out. My email is there. I can look at that European trip log that I composed in the Memo app on my 9930 in January on my pb. It seems so simple but so darned unique.

I don't know who to credit with the original Bridge but it appears clear that it is not Thor's cup of tea so it may be snuffed out. SAD. VERY SAD.
    Wont email on your PB and BB10 device do the same as they should sync? As for no promises I've seen Thor quoted many times saying BB10 will come to all existing PB's. No time frame of course beside before the end of the year.
    05-12-13 05:37 PM
    So, the Bridge calendar worked like the email - only what was on the phone shows up.
    So, what is on the phone stays on the phone? It doesn't populate and stay on the Playbook? If that's the case then I have not be clear on the bridge concept from the get go. I thought if I put something in the calendar via the Playbook then the next time I bridged the phone those calendar events would load onto the phone and stay there and vice versa.
    05-12-13 08:12 PM
    It will stay until you turn bridge email off. When you turn it back on it will be there again. What you enter does stay on the phone. The purpose of bridged email was so you could turn bridge off and let someone else use it and not have them snooping in your email.
    05-12-13 08:24 PM
    Well, like I've said previously, when the best information we have to go off from....
    ...Are thread titles like, "BBRY hints at", "cryptic tweet says so and so says", "could be coming".
    ...We should all come to grips with the fact that we have been "Rick Rolled".

05-12-13 08:27 PM
    So, what is on the phone stays on the phone? It doesn't populate and stay on the Playbook? If that's the case then I have not be clear on the bridge concept from the get go. I thought if I put something in the calendar via the Playbook then the next time I bridged the phone those calendar events would load onto the phone and stay there and vice versa.
    There are TWO Calendar apps, like there are TWO email apps. There are the Bridge Calendar and Email, then there's what are called the Native Apps for Email and Calendar. They do not affect each other and they do not sync with each other. They are separate apps with separate data.

When Bridged, if you open the Bridge Folder and open the Calendar, any data you place there will go into your phone's calendar.

If you open the OTHER Calendar, that's native and its data will reside on the pb and depending on your setup, might sync with Outlook or gmail's calendar.
    05-12-13 11:30 PM
    it'll cost you more once PB10 is on it,,, the demand will rise as will the price any gougers are willing to put on it,,, & tbh, you're missing out on a fun device while they're still cheap...
    My problem is I'm waiting to see if they are releasing a more powerful PlayBook with 2gb of ram and whatever else they could boost up. So yea i don't know if I should get the current 64gb pb or wait for a new pb announcement

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 07:59 AM
352 1234 ...