So I can understand that Thor is not opening his mouth about the BB10 update for Playbook. But why is Kevin or any of the core team not even opening their mouth? Only we the common folks are creating some noise... Come on guys, I think we atleast need your views or inside scoop ??? Is anyone from Crackberry Team reading these forums ?

Reply from Kevin: Sooo.. you have six forum posts. I'm thinking you don't read everything I post... read this: http://crackberry.com/how-id-see-bla...berry-playbook There's not much more to say really. In terms of what BB will ultimately do, maybe we'll find out this week at BBLive. If they don't volunteer up the info, we'll definitely ask.
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 05-13-13 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Posted reply from Kevin
    05-11-13 10:04 PM
    What else do you want them to say except to repeat what has already been said, and that all this 'noise' on the forum keep repeating? If they had let out a release date and went passed it, now we could at least talk about that, but that's not the case. They just said it will be released eventually, which could be next week, month or at the end of the year.

Maybe we will get some more information at BlackBerry Live, but if not, we could of speculate forever and not get anywhere. If CrackBerry knew something, they probably have a very good reason to not let out anything.

Just enjoy your Playbook the way it is, man. I do and I think it's still a wonderful piece of hardware and software.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:15 PM
    Bbry is in the business of generating revenue and profit.

You need to ask, what possible revenue and profit can they generate by releasing bb10 for Playbook?

The answer of course is Nothing from Playbook, but it could be an excellent beta device (again) to test bb10 for future tablets, even if its to license the OS to vendors like Asus etc.

There is also the issue that Playbook may not have the guns to run bb10 properly and so could be an embarrassment rather than an asset.

Still none of the above is a priority for 2013 when they have 4 additional phones scheduled to be released.
    05-11-13 11:21 PM
    Hardware is not the issue with the playbook. It's fully capable of running BB10.

The hub function is not needed on it. Just need the core os, to get rid of crap like the air browser etc. If they want to get in the tablet game at some point they have the black sheep again to do their dirty work.

As for them cranking out phones, they really need a fully polished bug free os. Before even releasing more phones.
    05-11-13 11:26 PM

You need to ask, what possible revenue and profit can they generate by releasing bb10 for Playbook?

The answer of course is Nothing from Playbook, but it could be an excellent beta device (again) to test bb10 for future tablets, even if its to license the OS to vendors like Asus etc.

There is also the issue that Playbook may not have the guns to run bb10 properly and so could be an embarrassment rather than an asset.

Still none of the above is a priority for 2013 when they have 4 additional phones scheduled to be released.
    Revenue and profit also comes from repeat sales. Just sayin
    05-11-13 11:32 PM
    If we're talking about revenue and profit how does the profit potential of 2.5 million playbook owners/app consumers sound to you? I'm quite surprised that bbry has not leveraged the potential market of BB10 on playbook to further persuade/encourage app developers to develop for BB10 as a platform. I think it'll happen I simply wonder why it has not already.
    05-11-13 11:43 PM

While an intangible, GOOD WILL is also part of parcel of running a profitable company. So while there is possibly no direct profit benefit (see below), good will could earn them additional profit.

There also might be profit - indirect - from selling bb10 apps (Blackberry World) to an estimated one million (higher/lower) pb owners who might want a few of those new apps.

I am sure that there are a few economists out there that can estimate the returns. Maybe they have and that's why we've seen nothing but I suspect that there is money to be made.
    05-11-13 11:47 PM
    Continuing support on PlayBook is a good strategic planning... BlackBerry may not see the leverage immediately but its long term effect would be beneficial for them - especially if they are still planning or has future plan to enter into tablet market (again)... a leader with vision should see that... but of course, it will need investment... and this is I believe what keeps Heins off on pushing BB10 to PlayBook on priority basis... most CEO working on contractual basis plans only for his term... afterall, whatever bonuses or additional incentives he will get, will only be based on his accomplishments - and not on future plan...

As for the CB being silent... it's only natural and understandable that you don't bite the one feeding you and your family... everybody does... it's a way of living...

Posted via Z10
    frisco49ers likes this.
    05-12-13 01:08 AM
    The Playbook is dead to Blackberry. I'm guessing Blackberry Live will unveil their next iteration.
    MichealBerry likes this.
    05-12-13 01:14 AM
    There also might be profit - indirect - from selling bb10 apps (Blackberry World) to an estimated one million (higher/lower) pb owners who might want a few of those new apps.
    Add some more sales from PB owners who want to access their already bought apps. Especially the bigger publishers like EA and Gameloft follow the no-universal app approach.
    05-12-13 01:24 AM
    The Playbook is dead to Blackberry. I'm guessing Blackberry Live will unveil their next iteration.
    The Playbook is not dead, otherwise why would they even do any work in releasing BB10 for the Playbook. Stop being dramatic.
    05-12-13 02:02 AM
    I think you guys are simply overestimating CB's pull. Yes, they get their share of scoops. However, at the end of the day they're just another blog site, one that apparently doesn't merit that level of disclosure.

Frankly, I think they lost most of their credibility after Kevin's hair stunt.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    JeepBB and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    05-12-13 03:18 AM
    I think some people are missing the point. The question was why isn't CB talking more about the playbook? The answer is probably that there is more interesting news about the bb10 phones and nothing much has happened for the playbook since the last update.
    05-12-13 05:20 AM
    Maybe there's nothing to report beside the coming soon from BlackBerry? How many times can you tell your kids that we are not there yet?
    JeepBB, FF22, SEAWARRIOR and 7 others like this.
    05-12-13 06:55 AM
    I think you guys are simply overestimating CB's pull. Yes, they get their share of scoops. However, at the end of the day they're just another blog site, one that apparently doesn't merit that level of disclosure.

RCK
    For me, a major drop in credibility came with Kevin's forum post where he tried to claim that because the US launch hadn't yet occurred, the non-arrival of promised must-have BB10 Apps for the UK and Canadian launches didn't represent a broken promise or delay... because the US launch hadn't happened. When BB tweeted (do BB use any other form of communication?) that everything would be in-place "by launch", they didn't caveat it with any counties... and Kevin doing it just came over as apologist.

Finally, any remaining credibility with me was lost with Kevin's "If Instagram isn't here by BB10 launch, I'll buy a CB'er a car" promise. When it didn't come, the car became an R/C car, which people politely pretended to accept had been the prize all along, and the promise restated as "if not here by April 1st, a CB'er gets this R/C car, and I'll award another prize every month until it does come".

As of May 12th, no instagram and no prizes have been awarded to my knowledge.

I realise this is a fansite, but sometimes it's necessary to call things/people out when they break promises or deliver a buggy product. Haven't seen too much of that from the site owners...
    05-12-13 07:11 AM
    For me, a major drop in credibility came with Kevin's forum post where he tried to claim that because the US launch hadn't yet occurred, the non-arrival of promised must-have BB10 Apps for the UK and Canadian launches didn't represent a broken promise or delay... because the US launch hadn't happened. When BB tweeted (do BB use any other form of communication?) that everything would be in-place "by launch", they didn't caveat it with any counties... and Kevin doing it just came over as apologist.

Finally, any remaining credibility with me was lost with Kevin's "If Instagram isn't here by BB10 launch, I'll buy a CB'er a car" promise. When it didn't come, the car became an R/C car, which people politely pretended to accept had been the prize all along, and the promise restated as "if not here by April 1st, a CB'er gets this R/C car, and I'll award another prize every month until it does come".

As of May 12th, no instagram and no prizes have been awarded to my knowledge.

I realize this is a fan site, but sometimes it's necessary to call things/people out when they break promises or deliver a buggy product. Haven't seen too much of that from the site owners...
    Like you said this is a fan site and also a blog. It has no affiliation with BlackBerry what so ever. In general as a blog, it has much more credibility than many site out there whether it's subject matter is technology or just news or other topics. I'm not sure how much credibility is accountable by a blog site like this. Certainly Kevin would like to think that BlackBerry and other apps developers consistently provide exclusive breaking news to this site, however, in the world of business this is often not the case. For sure BlackBerry owe a great debt to CrackBerry for the undying support to see through the launch of BB10 phones. The business relationship here is mutual but not exclusive. Perhaps the information Kevin received were 100% from the horses mouth, therefore unequivocal accurate to print. It could be BlackBerry or Apps developers were having issues to launch on time. We do not know that, in the world of internet getting the news out there fast is key to a site like this. Often the accuracy of the information suffers because of that. Again as a blog, this site is much more respectable regarding it's services and information provided to it's readers/fans than many legitimate media out there. More than anything, I don't think Kevin foresee the huge increase of members within such a short period of time. Not when BlackBerry is launching a couple more phones after the Z and Q. I'm sure this site is way under staff. As for the Instagram car give away, that's his personal decision if such a promise actually warrant a real car. And a prize give away every month starting April, did the site not been giving away Z10's and Q 10's?
    05-12-13 09:31 AM
    Like you said this is a fan site and also a blog. It has no affiliation with BlackBerry what so ever. In general as a blog, it has much more credibility than many site out there whether it's subject matter is technology or just news or other topics. I'm not sure how much credibility is accountable by a blog site like this. Certainly Kevin would like to think that BlackBerry and other apps developers consistently provide exclusive breaking news to this site, however, in the world of business this is often not the case. For sure BlackBerry owe a great debt to CrackBerry for the undying support to see through the launch of BB10 phones. The business relationship here is mutual but not exclusive. Perhaps the information Kevin received were 100% from the horses mouth, therefore unequivocal accurate to print. It could be BlackBerry or Apps developers were having issues to launch on time. We do not know that, in the world of internet getting the news out there fast is key to a site like this. Often the accuracy of the information suffers because of that. Again as a blog, this site is much more respectable regarding it's services and information provided to it's readers/fans than many legitimate media out there. More than anything, I don't think Kevin foresee the huge increase of members within such a short period of time. Not when BlackBerry is launching a couple more phones after the Z and Q. I'm sure this site is way under staff. As for the Instagram car give away, that's his personal decision if such a promise actually warrant a real car. And a prize give away every month starting April, did the site not been giving away Z10's and Q 10's?
    Your definitely on one today moggy! Wow your in full flight!!!!!!!!!!.
    Eskibo likes this.
    05-12-13 10:35 AM
    Call it "blog" site, "fan" site or forum, it is still business... and anything that is not good to business should be avoided... exactly those who are doing "reviews"... nobody is doing it for free...

Posted via Z10
    JeepBB and anon(3879737) like this.
    05-12-13 10:38 AM
    Your definitely on one today moggy! Wow your in full flight!!!!!!!!!!.
    Now if you stop posting for a few months and allow me to catch up with your thousand posts, I will be a genius without offering any technical advice!! : )
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-12-13 11:06 AM
    At this point BlackBerry needs CrackBerry... this is a cheap form of indirect marketing that brings together a large portion of their users. I think this is becoming much more than just a fan site and blog, this is becoming a business that works with (not for) BlackBerry. As such there will be Non Disclosure Agreements and a business relationship (since both need each other) that needs some level of trust. Rumors they can talk about, but not inside information.

Then again maybe there is no added information that Kevin and co have. If that is the case, then that is why they are silent. Either way there is an answer that doesn't involve impatient consumers crying "PlayBook is dead!"
    05-12-13 11:28 AM

playbook runs BB10 just fine...
    How to Run #BB10 on your BlackBerry #PlayBook ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB
    daveshiz and CairnsRock like this.
    05-12-13 01:27 PM
    imo, i think BBLive will be nothing more than just another yawnfest...
    FF22, JeepBB, Drew808 and 1 others like this.
    05-12-13 01:31 PM
    I think you guys are simply overestimating CB's pull. Yes, they get their share of scoops.However, at the end of the day they're just another blog site, one that apparently doesn't merit that level of disclosure.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    not so much,, most of the stuff here is,"would you, could you, what if???", most of any real "news" is coming from other sites then posted here,,, some of it even comes out of these forums, which is great & the reason i come here,,, & i agree, the hair thing, ugh,,, once you promote stunts over substance, it takes a looong time to regain any credit...
    Eskibo likes this.
    05-12-13 01:38 PM
    What profits?? I'm waiting for bb10 to come on PlayBook before I buy it. Or a new model with better specs.

Posted via CB10
    redantz likes this.
    05-12-13 01:40 PM
    What profits?? I'm waiting for bb10 to come on PlayBook before I buy it. Or a new model with better specs.

Posted via CB10
    it'll cost you more once PB10 is on it,,, the demand will rise as will the price any gougers are willing to put on it,,, & tbh, you're missing out on a fun device while they're still cheap...
    tonyblaze likes this.
    05-12-13 01:46 PM
352 123 ...