01-10-15 11:24 PM
42 12
tools
    Oook... Doc Holiday and Ringo. I must say this reading has been better than a lot of the crap on TV. Prolonged my morning but it was worth the read. Good Day gentlemen.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 09:09 AM
    Oh good a competition. But I'd rather just share
    I sometimes wonder! The competition is in my other thread and you get a pb with the car. Under no circumstances will I share my drinks cabinet or cellar with anyone, well nearly not anyone, well it depends how long I've had my head in the cabinet or I've got locked in the cellar again.

Hope you win!
    02-01-13 10:53 AM
    P's there is no 'Z' in summarise!

What kind of brandy do you drink?

Actually there are many words where Americans use S instead of Z. There are differences in spelling amongst the US. Canada and England.
    02-01-13 11:29 AM
    Actually there are many words where Americans use S instead of Z. There are differences in spelling amongst the US. Canada and England.
    I know! I own a bb phone, several pb's and use ms windows and office.

Don't be upset, it's not your fault that only the English can spell corrrect ly and talk proppperly!
    02-01-13 11:43 AM
    s_o_m :. Cabinet !! Bet you have a whole cellar at each of your several abodes.. And how is the ouzo or is that too plebeian for you? No place in Spain where you can learn Spanish? Or you can come to Florida where the weather is pretty nice right now, at least some of the time, and you can learn Cuban Spanish.
    Last edited by jpash549; 02-01-13 at 01:43 PM.
    02-01-13 01:32 PM
    s_o_m :. Cabinet !! Bet you have a whole cellar. And how is the ouzo or is that too plebeian for you?
    Don't take this the wrong way but, 'I LOVE YOU'.

I do have a cellar but it's a long way to go down there so I transfer my immediate requirements to the drinks cabinet. YES I do absolutely love Ouzo and I have two homes on the Greek island of Zakinthos.

I'm starting to wonder if people on this forum are mind readers?
    02-01-13 01:41 PM
    P's there is no 'Z' in summarise!

There iz in the United States!
    02-01-13 02:44 PM
    There iz in the United States!
    Iz there an echo in here? I know and it drives me mad.

The word size has a Z in it.
    The word sanitise does not!
    02-01-13 02:59 PM
    Iz there an echo in here? I know and it drives me mad.

The word size has a Z in it.
    The word sanitise does not!
    Where I come from, "sanitize" has a "z" too. (and an "s" too! LOL)

Umm, sorry... didn't mean to derail this thread.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-01-13 03:12 PM
    At least you have a sense of humour? Do you drink brandy?
    02-01-13 03:16 PM
    I think you have the same problem that you outlined that RIM exhibited...failure to know your audience.
    Be concise, and if the expansion is necessary, summarize first. Folks usually do not have five minutes to spend on a thread, much less one post.

Regarding your sentiments, I concur. RIM is just hoping to be bought by another with deep pockets, so they do just enough that is looks good.
    This is the thought that has come to my mind, who is just a customer, no office to run, 50 year old student who still got hope in the future, even here in the UK.

I have come across a few ppls, a few my friends children who, though they never the latest IOS or Driod, they still have their BlackBerry and have said with their own breath as if they were dying, they will die with their BlackBerry.

Please please please BlackBerry, pick up the pace while you still have breath yourselves, least the coming young generation bury you deep, very very deep into the ground.

jtvberry
    01-10-15 09:41 PM
    2 for 2 - my second pet hate - those talking about discussions being too long.

You should know it makes me want to strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger.

The texting generation have a lot to answer for, that's all I can say...

Well, quite patently, it's not all I can say, but that's sort of thing just kinda wrote itself.
    Woe be unto short words.

I have never had the chance to complete an essay, but I do understand that to every subject, the law is that there is a minimum and maximum amount of words that needs to be used

From what I have heard today, I feel that ever so nourished

Thank you all, my fingersnails are still holding to the tips (y)

jtvberry
    01-10-15 09:50 PM
    Welcome and congratulations on owning a pb. I think you slightly misunderstand what I am probably very badly attempting to say. The pb is a far superior piece of hardware, IMHO far better than any other tablet on the market. However, the hardware only provides the means to enable software to perform its tasks. The pb has had a very tormented childhood but is now growing up and if it is guided in the right direction will be a valuable asset to any family. It may not be in RIM's family but will be adopted by one of the many companies out there that cannot wait to get their hands on Blackberry.

Enjoy you pb and welcome to the family.
    3 years ago. Not even close now.

Edit: got sucked into an old thread and didn't even notice
    01-10-15 09:52 PM
    I appreciate your post as a VERY new Blackberry Playbook owner who has never owned any Blackberry product before. Be kind - I'm new here, but I bought my Playbook in the full knowledge that I might very well be buying something at the end of the line, and what isn't 'out there' for it now might never be there for it. Didn't care. After being given a 16Gb version, I loved it so much I bought a 64Gb tablet.

It's maybe not all lost - not if BB realises they're inadvertently filling a new niche in the market: since the price slash, it is finally possible to obtain a 64Gb tablet with similar hardware quality of an iPad Mini, with media support surpassing the Galaxy range, for the price of a lesser-storage Kindle. 130 for THIS kind of quality??? I fear this new price is actually a loss-maker just to shift the units, but it is a segment of the market that was devoid of anything decent for those of us who could only weep with envy at Apple, Google and Samsung offerings.

EDIT: since buying mine, Currys and PC World have jacked the price of the 64Gb back up to 149.99. Maybe they're feeling a bit more confidence in it now.
    I to was given my 16GB PB, by the chance that I picked it for the child, but it wants IPad.
    I am so happy to hear that Curry's, Dixsons PC World (one company that you know) are selling our everlasting PB.

Is it too late for our BB CEOS to retract their position on no longer supporting the PB.
    I know this is a wrong move no matter what better informed influencers have over me.
    As a bear bones customer, BB have a fresh new tree to pick berry addicts from.

Ummmmm their choice!!!

jtvberry
    01-10-15 10:19 PM
    Welcome and congratulations on owning a pb. I think you slightly misunderstand what I am probably very badly attempting to say. The pb is a far superior piece of hardware, IMHO far better than any other tablet on the market. However, the hardware only provides the means to enable software to perform its tasks. The pb has had a very tormented childhood but is now growing up and if it is guided in the right direction will be a valuable asset to any family. It may not be in RIM's family but will be adopted by one of the many companies out there that cannot wait to get their hands on Blackberry.

Enjoy you pb and welcome to the family.
    Am wondering if we have come out of the unruly teenage years and now become a responsible adult.

I truly hope so, as my upgrade is due in March and I don't want the unruly Z10 and PlayBook I now have.
    Oops, did I just slip-up with my words.

Anyway, it's growing up time now!!!

jtvberry
    01-10-15 10:38 PM
    Wow, that post was very good. I don't understand it because everyone here uses big long words and things wot I don't understand. However because of this forum I am signing up for a distance learning course that teaches big long words like cornflakes and budwiser. It is based in Mexico but I have it on good authority that they will teach me how to spell tequila and other such words.

When I've finished the course I will read your post again and get back to you. Hey maybe bb10 will be on the pb by then?
    Sad old man, really isn't your name, is it?
    It's actually you, init...lol

jtvberry
    01-10-15 11:08 PM
    Even I, a very simple man of minute words wanted to shed a tear to this beautiful thread.
    Thirty years in the innovations and production of good intellectual knowledge, is yet only but a dream for me.

It has been quite a pleasure listening to you chaps speak with such eloquence in a direction I have not seen here in CB.

Bloody Brilliant I'd say
    Thank you

And I hope our BB CEOSs are listening and taking notes.
    Imagine if something new came to BB while the older, mature was battering down the doors like it were Black Friday (y)

jtvberry
    01-10-15 11:24 PM
42 12